What's even the point of watching sports?

What's even the point of watching sports?

>tfw grown tired of sports but still come here for some reason

I don't know. Ask myself this all the time. I tend to brush it aside normally.

It's weird. Has your team ever won it all? It's happened to me twice in my 24 year career of being a sports fan. Unironically, the very moment the game ended and the celebration festivities began is when this question got my attention the most. All I could think of was "All that energy and wasted time was for this? We just do it all over again next year."

Just seems pointless.

memes

Memes. Distraction from reality. Social interaction. Genuine interest in how humans can achieve a greater goal by working together. Admiring athletes that bring human physical abilities to the limits. Nostalgia.

The list goes on...

Literally the only thing worthwhile on TV.

>to intelligent to enjoy sport
>not intelligent enough to wear a coat to stop constantly having a cold
His life must be awful

I ask myself the same sometimes. I've grown to resent watching burger sports, but I watch them anyways because of gambling.

he's just on coke all the time

What's the point of anything?

beer and insults (or shitposting)

>last year of university
>haven't going to classes since the end of september except for exams
>have no clue what I got on those exams because I haven't been to class to see
>afraid to email the professors asking about my grades
>life is meaningless and nothing matters
>thinking of moving to the mountains of Morocco and living isolated surviving on camel meat and fruit

passing time to distract from painfully dull reality

well if it's the last year you could just wait for the diploma, unless you think you failed one or more exams.

CAN'T BELIEVE HOW STRANGE IT IS TO BE ANYTHING AT ALL

Because it's an escape. Every year I try to convince myself that the NFL is not rigged and get into it. Then midway through offseason I'm like why the fuck do I even care? It's all cucked.

Then September rolls around and there I am again.

Faggot here. It makes idle chitchat with straight men like ten thousand times easier, for one. You don't even have to know that much about any one sport, just pay attention to current stories/ trend lines. I find that if you know which NFL teams are doing great, and which are doing shit in a given year (they tend to be the same, of course), that's about half the sports knowledge that you need for this purpose.

For the infinite amount of possibilities that may occur from the first whistle to the last. A blowout, a tie, a close game, an injury, a death. Hell, a plane could crash into the stadium. Anything can happen in any sport. It's beautiful.

What do you do between February and September?

Sports and arts are the most quintessentially human activites. It's what we'd do all day if we didn't need to work. Sports is an activity that we do for its own sake, because it's fun.

My boyfriend makes me watch it whenever I'm done cooking

Friendly reminder that Zizek is A GOD.

To help stop me from killing myself

Passion
Mexico Vs. Netherlands was the most heart wrenching game I ever witnessed, especially the last 10 minutes.