What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Nothing. He just got old. You will too.

>getting old in the 21st century

Don't worry gramps, you'll get old first before any of us do.

He ate too many sweets.

Dude's pushing 60. Shit happens. He's still got his voice though and that's the important part. There's only one Robert Smith.

Sacrificed appearance for immortalized vocal cords.

Nah... there's getting old and putting on a bit of bulk and then there's just improper dieting.

His mommy and daddy told him he was fat when we was just a little kid even though everytime he cried they gave him all the sweets and presents in the world because they couldnt stand to see their poor duddykins sad

He's older now and finds himself face first in junk food everytime the old existential dread and terror sets in and he doesnt know why. He cries when its time for presents birthday or christmas.

This, he sounds almost the same as he did in the 80s

WE'LL NEVER SATISFY THE HUNGRY GHOST

Saw them live last year and Robert Smith still sings amazing and he still has humor
>tfw will never see them in their prime

He was so hot fuck

estrogen in tap water

I heard somewhere that he actively worked on increasing his range during the S/T sessions and I think it shows. That album has one of his more diverse vocal performances across the board.

He didn't OD or commit suicide before becoming an old cunt. That would have done more for him than anything in the last 20 years

Eh, Bloodflowers was great. Out Of This World and Where The Birds Always Sing were worth the price of admission.

my name is literally Robert Smith. There's tens of thousands of us in the US alone

Bloodflowers is OK compared to anything post-Wish, always thought there was something vital missing from it though.

It's pronounced differently you tin eared clot.

can we all agree that their prime was the Disintegration era?

The biggest difference I notice with it is that it's more conventionally alt rock than the pre-Wish stuff, not to mention the light shadings of electronica. Generally though I think it came from the same place as Disintegration, only this time Robert was having a mid life crisis about turning 40 instead of 30.