You fucking fantano-p4k-worshipping idiots, this is Gorillaz's best album

You fucking fantano-p4k-worshipping idiots, this is Gorillaz's best album.

how can anybody say this and mean it
only the fall is worse

Instrumentation, production, recording quality, songwriting/beat-writing, and pacing is superior to literally every other Gorillaz album.

And RYM doesn't like it either don't forget that

Both P4K and Fantano were kinder than I was. Fuck off.

Nah, even The Fall is better. I'd rather have a set of glorified iPad demos than the shitheap that is Humanz.

Making random electronic beats and hiring random rappers to do their job. Gorillaz sold out.

I've been gone a few weeks; I assumed Sup Forums was reflexively fellating this dogshit album.

Maybe there's hope for this board after all

>GOAT
Self-Titled

>Great
Plastic Beach
Demon Days

>JUST
The Fall
Humanz

Demon Days > s/t = Plastic Beach > Humanz > The Fall

objective truth

Are you retarded?

Sup Forums has hated this album since it's vinyl sourced leak came out, those reviews had literally no impact on and came out weeks after.

It's good, just no where close to being their best.

Humanz > Demon Days > The Fall > Plastic Beach > S/T

Nah, reception's even more divided than Plastic Beach was. I'm kind of glad too - I thought Plastic Beach was fine as a straight pop ordeal but Humanz just overextends its reach and is a huge mess.

.- a fucking numale C U C K

jesus christ

I don't even like Gorillaz very much but this is just obscene

Switch The Fall and Humanz and I can get behind this.

s/t >(but barely) Demon Days > Plastic Beach > The Fall > Humanz

not going to call it objective because I'm not fucking stupid

"objective truth" is pretty much just Sup Forums newspeak for "this is my opinion"
I don't literally think this is the objective truth lol

I'm not a huge Gorillaz fan and I also thought this was their best album. Maybe it's just because I'm not a dyed-in-the-wool fan, though.

lemme try this too!
Instrumentation, production, recording quality, songwriting/beat-writing, and pacing is inferior to literally every other Gorillaz album.

>everyone forgetting D-Sides

Fine.

Demon Days > S/T >= Plastic Beach > D-Sides > G-Sides > Laika Come Home >>> The Fall > Humanz

I'm really enjoying listening to this album a lot
But I can still adit it's their worst
there's a lot of really good tracks on it but a lot of really bad tracks too
Sex Murder Party is the worst gorillaz song ever

>D-Sides > G-Sides

other way around user

This is pretty much what the entire album is. There's a few good tracks, but it feels so much less interesting and creative than their previous albums.

Sure they have always made large use of rapping and electronic beats, but they did it in a new and exciting way. I feel there is some juice in this album that makes it more creative than your common radio pop (I'm referring to your mention of >random electronic beats and hiring random rappers to do their job) , but it has been greatly influenced in the worst possible way.

Eeeeeeeeh, they're close. I won't deny tracks like Ghost Train and The Sounder but man, disc 1 of D-Sides is almost a proper album in its own right. Highway (Under Construction) is probably the closest thing to pointless on it. G-Sides has some straight filler like 12D3 and Hip Albatross.

yeah, it's mostly because imo the Phi Life Cypher version of Clint Eastwood is pure bliss, far better than the other one

d-sides > g-sides because of hong kong

>the Phi Life Cypher version of Clint Eastwood is pure bliss

Haven't listened to this years. Relistening now and...man, what the fuck is Humanz even doing? What the actual fuck is anyone on Humanz even doing when Gorillaz features used to be this?

>used to be this
Shit? There's a reason why 3 phi-life cypher contributions didn't make it onto s/t

I dunno man, it was a pretty good alternate take on Clint Eastwood. Wouldn't have been as iconic as the version with Del but it would've held water.

Idk, I really think there was a before and after DD. Two different Gorillaz. But I like some aspects of each of them

the Del version was actually done after the Phi Life one

Then I guess they just weren't feeling it for the main tracklist. It wasn't bad at all, maybe just wasn't what they were looking for. Same with the Soulchild remix of 19-2000. There's not a whole lot of prominent, high-energy tunes on the S/T and when they were they were more balls to the wall rock with Punk and M1A1. To that end, maybe they were intentionally shooting for a more chill vibe and the Phi Life Cypher version isn't exactly that. I dunno, stranger shit has happened.

nice bait

Charger alone makes it better

but you're wrong whereas I'm right

I don't get the hype behind Charger. It sounds like it could be from G-Sides, I guess.

The concept of Gorillaz is that they're sellouts by nature

I honestly believe that this will be one of the great underappreciated albums of this decade

Or it'll be a bog standard pop album that sounds so rooted in its time that it'll be hilariously outdated in 5 years. I'm betting on that one, personally.

wew lad

Insofar as Gorillaz are meant to be a strange, alternate universe, cartoon band from the future, I say this album is entirely successful in advancing that mandate.

I would rank this album as equal to Demon Days as one of Gorillaz's best.

nu-uh

How does any of this album sound more "rooted in its time" than any other Gorillaz album?

For Demon Days and Plastic Beach, it doesn't. Hell, the music was probably behind the curve with the S/T as it missed the golden age of trip-hop. But at least those have lasting power, even the S/T was fucking weird and diverse despite Cibo Matto doing similar shit like 5 years earlier. I feel like Humanz has an expiration date on it, like once this sort of extravangant production falls out of favor and we move on past the Trump era listening to this will be like a goddamn time capsule as the songwriting sure isn't carrying anything this time around. I don't even think the themes will hold over time, Gorillaz already did apocalyptic doom and gloom with Demon Days and did it better there.

>Gorillaz's best album.
user, that actually being the case would only make things worse.

My-Sides