Why hasn't the rest of the world joined up with Britain and began using our glorious plug and socket design?

Why hasn't the rest of the world joined up with Britain and began using our glorious plug and socket design?

It's better in every way.

>strong triangular design
>children can't electrocute themselves by sticking a single object into one hole unlike the American design
>easily replaceable fuses
>bottom of plug coated in insulation so accidental electrocution is very difficult

Get on our level, rest of the world

>i
step on it once you stupid brit bong and you'll wish it was a 3 prong MURICA plug that lays flat

Because the British plug and socket uses a different voltage standard than other countries and bringing over an American made (or other country) electronic and plugging it into the grid could cause shorting or fire. As such, the electronics are made incompatible.

In the picture the wire is in the way of plugging in and its really bugging me

Why the fuck would you step on it? I literally can't remember a single time I've stepped on one

>Ours don't hurt when we step on them
>Hur durr
>Merica

-> Essentially removes all possibility of electrocution including minors

-> would rather be electrocuted than step on

10/10 design - would plug in my tea kettle

New fag

/thread

Really? Both American and UK ones are fucking useless. Amercan ones can't handle the 230v and UK ones are huge for no reason,

Nobody wants a murica plug mate, they're garbage

Kek

You have to run the world before people want your stuff sunny you had your time with tea and red coats now it's McDonald's and pasb blue ribbons .

Nigga pls.

Funny, I DON'T see your little country's flag on the moon!

Faggot plug

that!
Was my first thought as well!

Because why would we be arsed spending all that fucking money on a pointless endeavour just to prove we have a bigger dick than Russia. no one is arsed tbh

schuko is the best plug

This.

Get that crap outta here.

this.

the schutzkontaktstecker is superior in EVERY way.
trust, i study mechatronics.

That's the gayest plug ever

The American design is cheaper

At some point there will be a 12v DC roll out which may result in a global standard. Since LEDs are taking over for light most everything we use runs on 5-18v DC and it doesn't make sense to have individual PSUs for everything.

wrong, it's the safest and most stable plug.

It can't compete with

Why should we coddle the weak. Why care about kids putting shit in them its literally Darwinism in action. If a kid is dumb enough to stick something in there at toddler stage they usually don't get too hurt I mean I've zapped myself before unplugging stuff as a kid but if the parent isn't being good enough to ensure kids to not fuck with it and that kid ends up dying its nature making sure they don't continue on that bloodline.

lol. idiot.
modern PSUs are all switching power supplies.

It could just be a multi-plug adapter turned on it's side.

This. Euro plugs are way better.

That doesn't stop you and it from looking really homosexual

>protective earth pin not being longer then neutral and phase

fuck this shit.
Schutzkontaktstecker connects earth first.

Wrong. See Thomas Edison. See the electric chair.

We have earthed plugs because of the way we wire up homes.
We wite them in such a way as to save copper. But is more dangerous. Thus we need a ground pin for our ellectronics

/thread

>Not easily used by the handicapped/disabled elderly
Fuck them anyway, what could they possibly need to plug in.

Are you daft?

your blabbering does not make any sense
low tier cable puller detected.

Fuck your over engineered plug.

Yep. Literally the best design. The UK and US plugs both are retarded shit.

12v/3a is the same whether it comes from a wallwart or central unit. No one is suggesting we run DC straight from the plant.
It's more of building code thing. Central 12v converters. And tiny little wall plugs. Think about it.

Fake and very homosex

CCCCCHHHHHHHECKED

Skuthclauserheil makes no sense.

Type L connects ground first becouse of how the female plug is designed, ground pin doesn't need to be longer and unaesthetic, dumbass

you motherfuckers will argue about anything.

winner

Your tiny plug. Think about that you plug awful bitch.

You all don't appreciate the subtlty of the UK design.

1. The earth pin engages first improving safety
2. The earth pin opens spring-loaded shutters that prevent access to the live and neutrals
3. The socket can come with its own isolating switch (see pic). You can leave devices plugged in but completely cut off from power

yeah think about it. its total bullshit.
let's say you'r washing machine has a nominal power of 2,5kW.

with a 12V plug you would need ~208amps. huge cable. huge plug.
you can't even P = U * I

Exactly, over engineered and too expensive with little actual benefit.

Only for retards in retarded countries

Schutzkontaktstecker connects protective earth first, and dopes not even have a third pin.

give it up. german stecker is sieg.

American here, would convert.

l respect that, but Schuko is still the superior choice.

yep this, went to london last week and you iv steped on their flat plug. it canno thappen with the euro one.

also if you use like a stick you can easily plug a euro on a uk, which you cant do on the other direction, proving again the superiority of the european plug.

yip and we have plugs witch switches too.

>ugly as fuck
>ugly name
>same level of protection as type L
>cant go in both ways
>cable from the side very annoying
Give up already

This is why we can use cheap plugs in America:

US = 120V, UK = 240V

I could buy a lamp with plug for the cost of OP's silly plug setup.

>also if you use like a stick you can easily plug a euro on a uk
So the Euro has no earth? You call that superior?

i think your plug is ugly as fuck :)
and these plugs coome with wires straight OR in an angle. you can order almost everything.-

the SchuKo plug CAN go in both ways, your shitty tri-pin plug can't.

+ the hole in SchuKo's PE contect is to connect a ohmmeter to measure resistance of PE

All you cunts need some of our good aussie shit

The only thing I wish my country sockets had was the switches and USB ports. It is so hard to get these even on the Internet without importing.

I've been living in UK for couple of years and that switches were so useful and elegant.

Pretty much this and why the US is superior in most every way

Its the way to live mate.

Sure, I could buy a switched plug but I dont need too because electricity is 10 cents per kwh.

holy fuck worst design ever, pull the plug out 3mm,
it is still connected and you can touch phase with a conductive object.

>cable from the side
Huh? Do you really think that's the only config they come in or what?

I've heard that UK plugs have a built in alarm. If you leave a kettle unplugged for too long, MI5 is alerted, and a man from PG tips shows up to break a finger and remind you to drink more tea.

(cont)
To compound the UK superiority, we use a "ring main " approach to wiring the power sockets, protected by RCDs, whereas most other countries use a radial system.

The UK system was designed by competent engineers. It also has enough voltage to power large devices with half the current of the USA and other 110V systems, reducing cable diameter.

Euro does have an earth fucktard.

fuckn too right

Completely retarded and can't compare to US connector

And?

your image shows a flaw, you cannot plug it in in the case shown as it is not reversible, which is a huge flaw to the design

wrong

Until they make a plug with clamps I will forever remain unsatisfied.

It's piss easy to electrocute yourself with that shit tier design. And it looks really flimsy tbh.

It's just the UK system butchered so you can be different.
>Three pins
Check
>Integral switches on faceplate
Check
>Shutters to stop little Jonny electrocuting himself with a safety pin
Oh....wait

>type L can't go both ways
>how does electicity works

you can't touch the phase but it's still a shit design

nah cunt

Everything tries to kill you in Australia m8. They're use to it.

>Euro does have an earth fucktard.
Not if you've poked the two pins into a UK socket, as the poster I replied to suggested.

Do keep up, there's a good chap

Only and if you're fucking retarded can you electrocute yourself. Standard to be insulated far enough that it cant be connected and exposed and the same time also also they are the sturdiest plugs you've ever fucking seen

As said it is indeed easy to electrocute yourself with a design, because the socket in the wall is not countersunk. It is possible to hold a metal object to the pins while plugging it in, where as with a countersunk socket it is impossible to touch the metal of the plug and have it being connected to the power in the socket simultaneously

Its not Australian if it can't kill you mate.

kek

yeah you're fucked if you go head to head with an aussie plug

the pins are insulated
by the time you pulled it out enough to touch the metal part it is already disconnected

>as it is not reversible
It shouldn't be. You want to differentiate live from neutral. Why? Muh fusing, for a start. And switching the neutrals on the appliance is bad practice.

Only if you pull it out fast.

oh who the fuck cares.

OK, you watch Tom Scott. Now get out.

it's overly large and an eye sore

That's the most retarded thing I've read all day and I've been up for years.

Please do explain how what I wrote is retarded

it's a butt plug

appliances are designed with it in mind so it's not a problem