en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimes_(musician)#Musical_style
pandora.com/station/2895208146671614201
clyp.it/qburv25p
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no kate's actually a trained musician/can actually sing

not an attention seeking myspace scene girl

I just marathon-ed this album.
favorite track is the "Jig of Life"

I like the instrumentals more than the vocals but the vocals are good too.

the big sky is my favourite

Yeah the Big Sky is fucking catchy as all shit

Its me , I'm Cathy :S

Cloudbusting is top 5 of 80's songs

A truly mesmerising woman. An incredible talent and a natural beauty

And of course, British

I think the fact that she is beautiful and British at the same time the biggest and weirdest miracle about her

you don't have to bait to get a Kate thread going buddy

>Grimes
>tumblr-core blim bloms
>male equivalent of that music would be laughed at but muh geek girl aesthetic X'D

>Kate Bush
>talented, creative, leading the 80s art-rock scene on the frontlines
>modest, doesn't strive for spotlight by any means necessary
>lets her talent do the talking

You're actually right. Quirky experimental synth based art pop music with female vocals.

>no kate's actually a trained musician/can actually sing
>being this idiot
It doesn't matter if she's trained or not, music is not a competition. The actual music matters. There lots of trained musicians who are dull as fuck and lots of amateur musicians who make exciting/stirring music.

>Grimes
>tumblr-core blim bloms
>male equivalent of that music would be laughed at but muh geek girl aesthetic X'D
Lame. You didn't even listen to her music, buddy. btw, stop using buzzwords, ffs (wtf is even tumblr-core and how it sounds like?!).

Male equivalent of that music would be Aphex Twin or John Maus; people take them seriously as artists. Grimes is also taken seriously: metacritic.com/person/grimes

>being this delusional
>s-s-stop p-pls don't bully my waifu
>compares Grimes to Aphex Twin

you got me to respond, so I give this bait a 2/5

>I just marathon-ed this album.
>marathon-ed an album

you mean you listened to it???

You must have really low self-esteem desu.

You're literally whiteknighting a below-average artist and comparing her to actual pioneers. Stop projecting retard.

Your shitty post is not an argument.

Not that user, but you must be a retard if you believe she's a below-average artist. You believe that based on what? Prove your shitty claim.

BTW, the fact you replied TWICE it means you took the bait. Also it's stupid to claim that a valid point is a bait because you disagree with it. You don't seem to be very intelligent desu.

>Random demi popular """"""""""""""""""""""producer"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>le im a musician theres my name there XD
How is she different from any other Hip Hop / Pop """"""""""""""""artist" ? oh right she is a hot milf

more like 80's Bjork

That too. But from this decade? What female singer/songwriter/producer/dancer/visual artist/sound engineer do you know, good enough to be the new Kate Bush?

I would grime her mouth with my dick, if you understand my vide ;v)

You guys suck

Julia Holter, Susanne Sundfor, Joanna Newsom

Running Up That Hill is at the top of my list of moody 80s songs.

>>male equivalent of that music would be laughed at but muh geek girl aesthetic X'D
>literally who is Ariel Pink

kate a cute

They're not producers and sound engineers. They're also no better than Grimes. All they do is verbose poetry set over boring instrumentals, unlike Grimes who really has a deep understanding of how melodies work and how audio frequencies affect the brain. Admit it, you were impressed by their lyrics not by their actual music.

>Joanna Newsom
>boring instrumentals

l m a o

>Joanna Newsom
>boring instrumentals
Yes. Almost the same boring stuff every time. Aren't you tired of it yet? And the less said about her Lisa Simpson voice, the better....

Everything is a competition.

Do you live in the real world?

I do. But this is art and entertainment, buddy. It's not like a person must pick just one artist to listen to their music. There's place for lots of artists in the music biz. The competition is just in the minds of autists like Sup Forums users.

Except Kate Bush has real talent and used to look gorgeous. Grimes is a hack and looks like a goblin.

>Grimes is a hack
why

>Grimes is a hack
So what? She's a talented hack. As long she's making great music it doesn't matter at all if she has no idea how to read some music sheets. In fact, that's a proof of her talent if she's able to make such gorgeous music mostly by instinct.
>and looks like a goblin.
Subjective crap that has no place on a fucking music board. GTFO waifufag.

>You're literally whiteknighting
Sorry, but you're talking to a different user.

It just amuses me to point out when people say things that make them look like idiots.

>gorgeous music

her music is objectively bad

>bait

Actually she's more of a '80s Lana Del Rey

>my rich daddy bought me a music career

>Grimes is a hack and looks like a goblin.
And I bet you wonder why it is no one ever takes your opinions on music or musicians seriously.

>objectively bad
user, 'bad' is a subjective term.

Actually David Gilmour of Pink Floyd helped Kate Bush a lot to have a career. Meanwhile, Grimes started her music career on her own at a low point of her life, She was supported by a shitty label that caused her troubles later (she doesn't own the rights of her first 2 albums).

lmao read Plato

He's a waifufag, do you expect good arguments from him? He should go and comment fashion shows, not music.

t. buttblasted waifufag

I'm the waifufag? You Grimesfags are the ones who relentlessly insist she's cute.

>relentlessly insist she's cute.
You're such a naive dumbass. Those who insist she's cute are NOT real fans. They shitposted and you ate their bait like a fool. You must be new.

>using meme terms like 'waifufag' and 'Grimesfags' unironically
>expecting to be taken seriously
see

Plato didn't speak English.

Prove it

Why didn't you tag or ? They both said waifufag.

How come that every thread with Grimes in the title gets so many posts? I bet that a Kate thread alone would be dead by now.

Because you're an actual waifufag. Why do you care about her look so much if you pretend you're discussing music? Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

MOMMY

>They both said waifufag.
Ironically.

BRAAAAAAAAP

she triggers Sup Forums

>was

>things normies say

When did Sup Forums realize that Aerial is her best album/work?

/thread

fpbp

Fuck /thread. Not even Kate could compete with this:

GRIMES PROFILE

>Full name: Claire Elise Boucher
>Born: 17 March 1988 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
>Origin: Québécois, Ukrainian, Russian and Italian descent
>Instruments: vocals, synthesizer, sampler, keyboard, guitar, bass, drums, violin, ukulele

>Skills:
- singer
- songwriter
- producer
- sound engineer
- lyricist
- live performer
- visual artist
- music video director
- dancer
- model
- writer

>Main interests:
Music, visual arts, dancing, books, films, modeling, video games, internet, and others

>Music taste:
last.fm/user/chairmandore/library
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimes_(musician)#Musical_style
pandora.com/station/2895208146671614201

>Others:
- Grimes does everything in her music, from singing and songwriting to artwork and production
- nice personality, beautiful look, cares about environment issues and saving animals
- took her name from grime music after discovering the existence of the genre on Myspace
- studied ballet for 11 years
- was a goth outcast in high school
- studied neuroscience, philosophy, and Russian literature and McGill University before being dropped out for missing classes
- started making music when she was around the age of 19
- big Lord of the Rings, Dune, Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Abbess Hildegard von Bingen and Russian literature fan
- her best friends are James Brooks, Hana, Bloodpop, Duffy, Born Gold

Grimes smacks of white trash, she doesn't have that refined British aristocrat vibe of Kate Bush.

This copypasta is the greatest meme ever

she is also a novelist

FYI she's also a professional color grader (look it up.)

Kate's the only musician I can think of that I'd legit get into a fight over.
Like if somebody told me she sucked I'd push them down the stairs.
Also its a three way tie for me between Running up That Hill, Big Sky, and Cloud busting for my favorite track.

she's also a professional piece of shit

Asshole? Perhaps. Piece of shit? Not a chance - that status is reserved for haters/trolls on places like Sup Forums.

Dont forget. She was also the first woman to sail down the Mississippi.

Do people actually like Grimes or she just a meme here like Kanye & Death Grips...?

I like Grimes she a cute grll

>first woman to sail down the Mississippi.
Now that's just silly, user.

Let's keep this factual. She's the first shipwright (look it up) to become a successful pop-star.

>girl
>qt

Trips of retardation, David Gilmour payed for the demo tape that got EMI to sign her

Good one
It's mentioned that she's a writer

Grimesposting is horrible but honestly kate cant say she created 100 percent of her music like grimeth. Whether you like it or not its all her and that deserves some recognition.

What a bullshit comment. You smack of neet, mr pleb.

sickening. I'd rather fuck 70 year old Kate Bush

>Do people actually like Grimes
Intelligent people, yes.

> just a meme
Being a meme and being a legitimate artist aren't mutually exclusive things. In fact, they're pretty much the same thing once you become famous enough. There is nothing 'just' about Grimes.

>Grimesposting is horrible
It's the most entertaining thing on this sad & dull board, user. The only thing that keeps me here.

>judging an artist based on a shitty picture
Don't be an asshole, user. Everyone has bad pics, even you.

>I'd rather fuck 70 year old Kate Bush
Waifufag alert!

How the fuck do you consider shit like kill v maim to be not boring instrumentally?

Sorry user. Honestly i would probably grimespost too if they ever really discussed her music, shes pretty great

I only know 3 Kate Bush songs sooo yea..Guess that makes me a Kate bush waifufag

It's not boring, ffs. I listen to it as a stand alone song. It's sounds like a fucking The Prodigy track! If that is boring you must be dull as a brick. clyp.it/qburv25p

Caring too much about her look and talking almost nothing about her music it makes you a waifufag.

>judging an artist based on a hundreds of filters, makeup, photoshopping, and airbrushing
user pls.

I bet you didn't even see her irl, idiot. And speaking of "hundreds of filters, makeup, photoshopping, and airbrushing", all press photos of artists are like that, even those of Kate Bush. Use the same standard, ffs.

Grimes looks great irl; anyone who saw her could confirm that.

>kill v maim
>boring instrumentally
user, are your ears full of wax?

>not judging a musical artist based on their music
Makes you a /mu meme desu.

Stop. Grimes isn't that good, not bad, but nowhere near Kate's level.

>Grimes looks great irl
I'm assuming pic not related...

she looks hot as fuck there

(You)

you're talking about kate bush without me? :(