twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>edm fan doesn't like idm
I'm not surprised desu

>unironically using EDM as a catch-all

This board is cringe af

-1. happy hardcore from Rotterdam around 1996

this

Where's the gabber?

>grouping IDM all together and then complaining about the EDM label being cringey

God damn EDM fans are mongoloids.

i'd agree with idm's placement if it weren't for autechre...and industrial techno is pretty shit

Industrial in general is pretty shitty

Best forgotten desu

There's some nice industrial/dub crossover on the comeup
youtube.com/watch?v=FeVI87FXatc

Basic Channel suck

What's the difference between dub and minimal?
I've checked out some dub essentials and a lot of it just seems to be weird noises, without even a beat.

Minimal is minimal, dub is dubby

dub techno is the shoegaze of techno much like mbv is the only shoegaze band worth listening to basic channel is the only dub techno band worth listening to

>no french house music

That's because that would be house music, not techno

The clues in the name

what is it with Sup Forums and basic channel? its not that great lmao

blame rym

Anyone know where i can download this? Also what you guys think about this album?

It's all EDM. It's all corporate pop shit dude.

Epic

...how much have you actually listened to?
youtube.com/watch?v=NqJ9jB6q0NU

Don't you fuckers get it?

The entire genre of electronica is commercial, all electronica is EDM, as it's objectively inferior/cheaper music. It's our degenerate plebeian Sup Forums that has tried to make us believe EDM is an "essential" genre and that if you don't like it you must be "narrow-minded", a "rockist" who listens exclusively to "twings and twangs" and there's probably some racial element to it too. EDM music has no staying power. All of EDM is just a neo-disco sub-genre of top-40 pop, with a "mechanical" paint job. This music doesn't stand the test of time, it's a fad. That's why EDM producers are discussed about like fashion. Image/fashion/numbers sold are actually considered when talking about them. EDM is just a really cheap/lazy form of music anyways. The majority of EDM beats are just stealing (MUHH "SAMPLING") another artist's music, looping it over a generic drumbeat while someone throws preset synths over it. The "technical aspects" of EDM are not hard at all. That's why there's 14 year old white girls on YouTube uploading themselves mixing with ease and speed, dropping polyrhythms like it's nothing. But because they don't fit the image of a "EDM fan", no one would take seriously. I've listened to it all from backpacker shit like Basic Channel and Deepchord to the "golden days" of Derrick May and Frankie Knuckles to revival stuff like Mall Grab and Delroy Edwards to the 90s with 4hero and Omi Trio to the CLT approved Mouse on Mars and Autechre to today like DJ Rashad and DJ Spinn. All electronica is EDM. All of it. Stop spamming it. Either keep it contained into one threads or request a containment board. I'm sick of coming on Sup Forums and seeing a million DJ Rashad threads (none of which are about music btw).

Yes, yes *yawn*

what do you even know about dub techno
youtube.com/watch?v=UlVp6b2Qdks

Detroit is better than dub

DELET

>no electro

Dub is murky and "quiet" but with heavy atmosphere and usually basslines.
Minimal usually still sounds like normal techno, but with very little going on other than a kick

NEVER 4GET
NEVER 4GIVE

>basic channel is the only dub techno band worth listening to
Yeah and Deepchord, Fluxion, Monolake, Deadbeat, Porter Ricks, Vladislav Delay, early Andy Stott, Shed etc.

What about ambient techno?

pretty much all ambient techno falls under the minimal techno umbrella, although the reverse isn't true

Echospace used to get spammed loads here one time

Exactly.

So what's the diference between ambient techno and dub techno?

ambient techno can stray pretty far from the roots of the genre, generally the bass is really uniform and soft in the mix, the synths are less bouncy and more soundscapeish

two of the most popular examples for comparison:
youtube.com/watch?v=jYjwFNUoD-Y
(ambient)
youtube.com/watch?v=Gi4vzEoJXHU
(dub)

This guy seems familiar

Thanks for the clear up. I'd suppose Pop barely even fits into the techno tag, at least not like Zauberberg or Königsforst.

yeah, zauberberg for sure is more like a dark ambient affair
have you listened to burger/ink? minimal techno project wolfgang voigt is involved in, less ambient, more techno

I've listened to burger/ink. I'm actually very familiar with Voigt's work. I just didn't get what the genre tags meant too well. What's your favorite album from him?

You can check the pics of my personal ratings if you're interested.

pop as well ha. my ratings would pretty much mirror yours. ever listened to 154?
youtube.com/watch?v=_V_0zoqluSg

>pop is highest rated
ugh

1. minimal
2. acid
3. idm
4. dub
5. detroit
6. ambient
7. industrial
every other style of bleep
99999999999999999999. tech house

Never heard of him but this is great, thanks! do u have an rym profile?

Yeah whatever. I know that Königsforst is superior but I have a deeper conneciton with Pop