Carissa was thirty-five

>carissa was thirty-five
>had two kids and then was died
damn...

damn...

What's Mark's best album and why is it Old Ramon?

Rollercoaster >>>

Down Colorful Hill is his best. Rollercoaster is a solid 10/10 but fumbles occasionally.

Either way, it sure as hell isnt anything after his first two.

typical hivemind opinions

yeah tell me more about how the ac/dc cover albums are his secret masterpieces

Down Colorful Hill, with Old Ramon and Ocean Beach tied for second. I actually think Rollercoaster is overrated and I'd put it below Great Highway and Blue Guitar.

His AC/DC cover albums are his secret masterpieces.

>10/10
>fumbles
pick one

Fuck off contrarian faggot

I hope you die.

I hope you both die.

Rollercoaster is consitantly better than Down Colorful Hill

how can an album be perfect and fumble occasionally at the same time

Not technically an album but "Live at Biko" is the best thing he ever made.

Don't worry, you'll get over your DCH/Rollercoaster phase soon.

April is his magnum opus and beats any of his rhp albums.

You forgot the "you don't just" part. It should be

>Carissa was thirty-five
>You don't just raise two kids and take out your trash and die

t. found old ramon last week

BENJI IS THE BEST YOU FUCKING PLEBS

t. found bridge yesterday

ghosts of the lost highway

RHP ranking time:
Down Colorful Hill (cliche, I know)
Ocean Beach
Old Ramon
Songs For A Blue Guitar
Rollercoaster
Bridge

I respect this because you at least didn't put BOTH DCH and Rollercoaster at the top.

rollercoaster is a lot more ambitious and diverse than dch
all dch has at the end of the day is michael and medicine bottle, which even ocean beach BTFOs

Songs For a Blue Guitar>Old Ramon>boring=the rest

Don't get the appeal for RHP cheesy slowcore albums.

during some of the worst times of my life, i was, what i thought was very close friends with this one guy i had known in high school. we were both writers and would exchange our work with each other a lot, and have long, heady conversations about literary theory in the dumbfuck way that only a 19 year old can.

i thought this was the closest relationship i was ever in.

so during this time, i had just gotten out of the hospital for being suicidal, and i had to drop out of school for a while. this affected absolutely everything in my life, especially my writing, as you can imagine. my friend? was loving this. it made my writing so real, and dark, and tortured. he created a character based on me in his prose-poem epic. not a main character, obviously. the main character was a guy who was part dolphin and had a dolphin penis and he was super alienated because of this. are you with me so far?

now, during this time, this guy was my best friend, right? so you must be thinking that of course he would want to know how i was doing, he would want to be sure that my recovery was going well, that i was staying safe and taking care of myself. nope! the entire time that we were friends, he never, not once, ever asked how i was. he never called to make sure i was all right, even when i very obviously was not. he didn't care. he only cared about me to the extent that i could be some kind of muse to the worst fucking writing anybody's probably ever written. only, and he never hesitated to remind me of this, it was such a shame that i was so ugly and unfuckable. you know, like all the best muses. but you know, maybe one day he'll feel bad for me and let me give him a blow job or something. then he'd care about me! apparently, this tantalizing option being dangled in front of my face worked pretty well because i thought this was the best that friendship was ever gonna get for me.

anyway, eventually we stopped talking and eventually, i found friends who actually cared about me, and i was in an actual loving relationship (with somebody who's not a man! can you imagine???), and so i eventually realized that that guy treated me like absolute shit for years and i didn't deserve it.

don't worry by the way. that guy is doing excellent and is engaged to be married to a woman who is far too good for him and is excelling in law school. he will never have to answer for what he did to me. i hope he gets hit by a bus and the bus driver gets made into a national hero.

that guy is exactly who mark kozelek is. this album is written from the perspective of that guy. this is the worst album in history.

damn...

Well okay then

I was going to call you autistic, but thats actually a valid point.

I can understand how your experience would color your opinion. Sry bout ur shit friend, my dude