>I started to save up for it on Tuesday
>$77 out of $1000 already made
>1984 Mazda 626 LX
>Pic kinda related

Other urls found in this thread:

easttexas.craigslist.org/cto/6044900286.html
easttexas.craigslist.org/cto/6041511587.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

cool story, what is your point tho brosef aside from the fact your saving for a car?

"small amount of work" =

gonna cost a helluva lot more than 1000$ believe me

Does Sup Forums think this is a good car, and should I get it or get a different one

why are you buying a car if you don't have a license?

wtf don't buy anything older than 20 years for more than 300 bucks bro

that's way too much $$$ for that old of a vehicle, that needs work.. cars that have been sitting are prone to all sorts of problems.

>77 out of 1000

Boy howdy do you got a long way to go

because then I can practice with my own car instead of fucking up a family members car

I know but i figure if i put away like $50 a week i should have it in a few months

If I didn't fuck up the calculator you got about 5 monthes

drive it off a cliff with you in it

Das 626. Brings memories up.

yea its 5 months if i dont count the tips i make at work

You needed a calculator to do that?

sounds like a good idea

Some people can't math unfortunately like he or she I can't math to well either

This

also nice trips

>1984 Mazda 626 LX
Believe it or not we didn't have pocket calculators when I went to school.

We learned long division, multiplication tables and practiced addition & subtraction.

Yes I'm not the best with math at all

Sounds like a glorious time period

i had a 86 626 from 1999-01
guages worked but no illumination
trunk took in water
alternator ate belts
got a speeding ticket doing 95mph
4 wheel indepent suspension decent
blew head gasket doing 80 up hill

Where do you work that you get tips?

77/1000= 7.7%
You're not even close.
Also, timing belt is critical point of interest.

Kroger I'm a bagger and I do carryouts in the town i live in is mostly old people so there is a 50/50 chance ill get a tip

well i started saving on Tuesday for the car i say thats pretty good progress

lmao fail but still

You should be able to find something like an late 90's early 2000's LeSabre for that kind of money. The engines are next to impossible to kill. Parts are cheap, so fixing what is wrong with it will be less expensive. Plus, a lot of the things you should be able to do yourself with a few basic tools and some youtube videos.

Damned straight it is OP.
Gotta start saving some time.

If that cars gone in 5 months you'll have some $$$ to put towards another one.

See thats the thing I dont want some boaty Buick there are tons of them in this town and i just want something that i know i can find in a parking lot cause itll be the only one

plusno offence but i think most of the cars made in the 90s and early 00s are complete shit

Even tho krogers tells you not to accept tips

Where do you live? I can look for other cars in your price range that might be better.

Also I started a gofundme earlier this afternoon (3/17) (I havent went to bed yet....obviously) to try and help me out even more...no donations yet but im patient

Whats the small amount of work, and how many miles does that POS have on it?

Actually mine does

East Texas area

Small oil leak and around maybe 150,000

Where's the oil leak? Honestly with those kind of miles, I wouldn't spend more than 500 on it. If it sat for years you have a chance seals have dry rotted, alot of shit could go wrong, it could snowball.

I didn't think to ask that far and funny enough thats what I thought the car was worth before i even asked the owner of the shop how much he'd sell it for

Yeah, depending on where its losing oil, some are worse than others. I agree with that buick dude, but you don't have to buy a buick, any GM with the 3800 motor is what you're looking for and theres a ton of them. Bulletproof engine, super cheap to maintain. Thats what you need when you bag groceries for a living, trust me

check'd and buy this shit out in Flint, at least you'll break down in style easttexas.craigslist.org/cto/6044900286.html

well yea i can see your point but i havent seen any good cars that i like that will probably and hopefully keep my insurance rates low. i just wanted something that can keep me out of the elements because for the past 3 years Ive been riding a bicycle back and forth to work. The mazda also kinda brought back memories of my moms first car. 1992 Honda Accord LX burgundy she lost hers in a flood in humble

Oh my fuck yesssssss

wait....I cant drive stick

So, whats the closest city to you? I find you some bomb shit on Craig's list. Last car I bought off there, cost me a grand, lasted 4 years.

Well I live in Henderson, but i dont wanna have to go too far to find a good car about 40 or 50 miles is my range

Alright, give me a sec, I'll find somethin. bump with some tiddays

K cool thank you for helping me hunt also those are some nice titties

Good for you working towards something. I'd have tried to jew the guy down to 800 since it's not been moved in a while.

Here you go, saved you a hundred, easttexas.craigslist.org/cto/6041511587.html

Honestly, yes.

I saw that one but im looking for a small 4dr I dont want to get a pickup quite yet

Man, you must live in a sparse area, not alot of vehicles, everyone around you has a car that blew the motor or blew the tranny, lol

$50 a week... bro you need a new job

Dont do it op

Unfortunately it seems that way thanks anyways bruh

No its just that I wanna eat, keep my netflix running pay rent/utilities and cell bill

Why don't you go to s,n,a,p,c,h,a.t.y(,)me to fap to school's hottest girl's nudes.

Another tactic you could use is look for estate sales. Once you have the money buy some old motherfuckers car on the cheap after they die. Old people take good care of their shit.

I didnt even think of that Im glad you came up with that idea

That will destroy your wallet dude
Get a job so u can have some pay stubs, find a car dealership with a first time buyers program. Your paystubs will serve as verification of income, save up like 500-1000$ with the job money.
You could get a much nicer car, less maintenance, running great, while building credit and building equity

Although I would love this 900HP beast

Yeah, retarded people

See but I want my first car to be a beater so when something goes wrong I can fix it also in my opinion all first cars should be beaters. My sister bought a 2014 Dart brand new and its now starting to shut off while driving I dont want to deal with any electrics or computers just yet

Also, why you lookin for a car before getting your license? Need to have one to take a car for a test drive

I can drive it if someone older than i am is in the car with me, then when i take my test i can drive in the comfort of my own car instead of fucking up one of my family members cars

Well thanks alot Sup Forums good night