Recently got bored of this game for like the 50th time in my life

Recently got bored of this game for like the 50th time in my life
>pic related

And am looking for another online game to play. Ideally an MMORPG. Any recommendations?

ff14

Seconded. New expansion coming out. Game is amazing.

kys

there will never be a mmorpg that will match you expectations.

It's 2017

Move the fuck on

You can try FF14, but it's not worth playing more than 2 months per expansion once all content is out unless you're a kid and all this is new and magical to you

Probably not, but I regularly return to games and enjoy them for at least a couple of months before getting bored. Just wondering it there are any gems out there that I've overlooked. Hence the thread.

>move the fuck on

From what? World of Warcraft? Hell naw, I love that game. I just get bored of it sometimes, I still think it's a good game, though.

Also I've never played FF14, so I might consider giving it a go

>no monthly fee
That's a fucking lie, everybody know's it's pay to win
>massive world to explore
It's just copy pasta neighborhoods, also the sub-human factions like to rob noobs that wander from the starting locations
Game's fucking shit, and full of hackers and cheaters

>Ideally an MMORPG.
why?

thats what he enjoys? doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure that answer out

I enjoy building up an individual character and persistent progress that doesn't go away, it just complements the way I play games, where I'll play for a few months, leave, come back to it later. As opposed to a round-based game where skill is the primary factor, like DOTA, I'd always just be scraping the bottom of the barrel because I don't play games for long enough to get good before I get bored (and that's okay with me.) Knowing that I can generally pick up right where I left off when I came back is comforting to me.

ff14, it's the only one worth playing. There are some like TERA and B&S that are fun for a while, but the grinds on these are much less rewarding than on WoW. Nothing will ever feel like WoW.

Just wait for Dauntless while playing shitty single player RPGs

not an RPG, but Planetside 2 is pretty fun these days, imo

old school runescape

You could try Albion Online

uncharted waters - if u mainly like tradechatting.
EntropiaUniverse - if u mainly like being bored to death.
Tree of Savior - if you are a weeaboo.
ff14 - if you know how to git gud and don't mind repetitive sidequests.

pre-big bang maplestory until your eyes fall out of your head

Rift can be a lot of fun if you haven't tried it.

Elder Scrolls Online.
Probably the best full-fledged MMO on the market right now.

Play Guild Wars 2

I played rift a ton back in the day, and loved the class system. But I was under the impression it was a very thoroughly ded gaem. Is this not the case?

Same with Planetside, thought it died

Play regnum! Free

if rift wasn't dead before, the new expansion certainly killed it. see also swtor

combat is the most boring shit ever in this game

Revelation Online. Loli chars...

minecraft

it starts picking up after level 30. by 60 it's a complete mindfuck

combat in that game sucks shit which is disappointing because on paper its cool as fuck but especially in pvp its just mashing buttons and hoping the game picks up the right inputs in the right order or playing super fucking slow

World of Warships/Tanks is fuckin awesome if you're looking for a game that gives you the option to play a round or two and move on OR sit and grind for like 15 hours straight

Albion Online
Sandbox
Create whatever class you want
Check em

Neverwinter for gameplay.
Tera, rift, ROM... Other copies of wow.

Gw2 if ur into spending some money for the game.

Black Desert Online, try it.

GW2. It's really good but you need to buy it. Still, it's the only one I think is worth playing rn. Fuck all the korean shit. Definitely don't even touch TERA, after 4 years of playing it I can tell you it's a shitty grind cycle because of gear progression every 4-5 months or so.

There is only 1 mmo worthy of a man's time...

Age of Conan: Unchained

Go to sleep Derek jesus.

levels 1-80 are completely free to play now, no purchase necessary

GREETINGS BATTLE BROTHER I AM NEW. HOLDS UP BOLTER MY NAME IS SERGEANT ARGUS BUT YOU CAN CALL ME BATTLE BROTHER. AS YOU CAN SEE I AM VERY LOYAL TO THE EMPEROR. THAT IS WHY I HAVE COME HERE, TO MEET OTHER BATTLE BROTHERS WHO ARE LOYAL TO THE EMPEROR LIKE MYSELF. I AM 127 YEARS OF AGE ( PRAISE THE EMPEROR) I LIKE TO PURGE HERETICS AND XENO SCUM WITH MY BATTLE BROTHERS ( I LOVE MY BATTLE BROTHERS, IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THAT THE DEAL WITH IT) IT IS OUR FAVORITE ACTIVITY BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT LOYAL TO THE EMPEROR. ALL MY BATTLE BROTHERS ARE LOYAL TO THE EMPEROR TOO OF COURSE, BUT I WANT TO MEET MORE LOYAL SERVANTS OF THE EMPEROR. LIKE THE EMPEROR ONCE SAID, THE MORE THE MERRIER. I HOPE TO BOND WITH A LARGE AMOUNT OF LOYAL SERVANTS OF THE EMPEROR SO JOIN ME IN PRAISE OF THE EMPEROR. FAREWELL.

PRAISE THE EMPEROR

BATTLE BROTHER

Yeah I should have mentioned. Do it OP.

Wildstar is incredibly underrated. The telegraph system makes combat super fun. They recently added the primal matrix so you can keep improving your character after hitting level cap. By far the most fun MMO I've ever played.

In the same vein of planetside ive been playing Heroes and Generals recently (free to play on steam!) and it's a pretty fun game if you can get past the shitty graphics.

how have none of you niggers mentioned archeage yet

Black Desert Online

like other people have said

black desert onlien, do it op

Skyforge

Get good at guild wars 2 then move to black desert online while you wait for star citizen. Problem solved.

im an old WoW player looking for another mmorpg too. I left after lich king and went to league of legends. Sure, its not an mmorpg but the mechanics are on point and fulfills that pvp element i missed from playing WoW. Nothing compares to the story/quest progression though but competitive pvp games are faster paced anyway, which is good for relfexes and decision making etc.

>diamond
>main yorick(before recent rework), and tryndamere

vanilla wow, private server. eysium is kk, china is there but watevs.

Or Eve online, if you like space. It takes a little focus to learn early on, but then it comes quickly and is a blast. Also a MAJOR time killer, good for immersion.

If you want an unique and great MMO try Guild Wars the original, not GW2.

Not into a WoW rip off.

woops forgot to mention I'm like you OP I go through stretches where I get bored and will switch it up. Usually I bounce between vanilla wow, eve and shit like ksp. Lately it's been eve online and I love it. But I eventually return to it. Kinda like taking a tolerance break or watever.

LOWQUALITYBAIT.JPG

>after 4 years of playing it I can tell you it's a shitty grind cycle because of gear progression every 4-5 months or so.

It took you that long to realize that? Holy shit...

Oldschool runescape

Why oldschool specifically?

Rs3 is just a shitstorm mindfuck, and itll be a new experience compared to wow

>Rs3 is just a shirtstorm mindfuck

Isn't that the most current version of the game? I was under the impression that Old School Runescape was just a 2007 server of Runescape. Is there anything in particular wrong with RS3 that you could elaborate?

FF14 if paid, otherwise I like Tera. I like that I can actually physically dodge an attack. It's like 80% regular MMO, and 20% Devil May Cry. Especially if you choose certain classes.

I'm currently playing Elite Dangerous on the other screen, decent grind to get anywhere but its worth it

Oldschool RuneScape of course; are you stupid?

see

I don't know a whole lot about Runescape other than that it was a sort of meme to hate on it for most of my life.

>Old School Runescape was just a 2007 server of Runescape
It is, except a few new updates, but it will soon be like RS3 with shitty graphics later this year.

>I don't know a whole lot about Runescape
It is not that great at all, but since you enjoy WoW, then you may like it. It gets boring really fast though.

Shut your cunt mouth.

>gets boring really fast

10 seconds to realise the whole game is a grind

>game is a grind
Every video game is a grind.*

you should stop playing video games then

u wot m8

i feel like black desert takes a certain amount of autism to play at any capacity. it's such a cool idea that a lot of the mechanics are not fully figured out, but the endless grind and literal complete RNG gear/upgrade system is pretty un-fun. the game looks amazing though

>50th time
Your like a meth addict who tries to smoke fermented shit instead of just looking for good meth.

The guy who tells you to play runescape is the same guy that eats the crust out his mom's panties

You're not bored of WoW
You're bored of MMOs

Play a different genre. Every MMO is a carbon copy of WoW or Everquest.

But if you really want one play The Old Republic, Elder Scrolls, or Nerverwinter. These 3 are the only ones that add some iginuity and life to the MMO style.

combat system is fucked

>laptop/trackpad game

Black Desert Online, stuff like Tera and Blade and Soul get extremely boring after a while

I haven't seen this comment in years

Wow

What pisses me off about ESO are the professions. They suck shit thru a straw. But then it's been over a year since I played it.. so I dont know if they made them better.

torchlight 2 is pretty cool

because it's a pay-to-win grindy fucking paradise of hackers and pedophiles

>fun
weird way to spell boring

isnt that a kids game

Space Station 13
Don't Starve Together

Everytime I got bored of WoW, I always found myself playing an older RPG, like Earthbound, Pokemon or .HACK
But I quit WoW as of last year, won't be coming back until they change my class back the way it was.

what class ? Paladin?
Thats why i lost most of the fun.

Try The Secret World.

>playing retail

Stop being a scrub. If you aren't playing pre-Cata private servers then you're a giant posing faggot

Videogames in general are like drugs, they're just another escape from reality, degrading your consciousness and making you autismo (if you play them too much that is). Rip in pepperoni fellow anons, don't let ur dreams be dreams

Yep, a ret pally. But I also had a warlock and a huntard I played on the side. But I had the most fun playing Pally and after the Pre-Legion patch, it just wasn't the fucking same.

>Implying I need a WoW fix in my life
WoW sucks to me now, I lost interest, burnt out after 9 years.
Moved on faggot.

Or just for the sake of nostalgia play LOTOR

Idk if you've played it, it's not very popular surprisingly, however it gives that early Warcraft feel while appealing to any fan of fantasy

The LOTOR books where the inspiration for Dungeons and Dragons and all modern fantasy. Id be kinda like going back to your "roots". I remember being an 11 year old Orc fighter named Odok. You just gotta be creative, know where to look, and know what you want

i feel the same way , ret pallys were so fun to play and they ruined it

The only real choice. Praise James 315 \o/

>claims he quit cause they nerfed the easiest class in game
>claims he quit cause he was burnt out

Are you autistic or do you have down syndrome? It's doesn't really matter; what I said is still relevant and youre still a retard.

All I see ITT is depression.

wildstar is fun, but its pretty much a dead game.

Gave up wow when they caved into the cry babies throughout wod. Especially when they added flying mounts...

Not even the same game anymore.

Try out wildstar, it's either hit or miss for people. Either love it, or hate it. Either way, give it a go, it's pretty in depth aND what not.

yeah, but most games are built around the idea of what you can do once you've finished the boring part of the grind and then can start the fun part of the grind, like in wow you grind levels to start dungeoning to start raiding to get into mythic raiding. plus there's external motivations for those grinds, like cooler looking shit

in runescape you grind to unlock slightly more efficient ways to grind, with the endgame being that you grinded so much that you literally cant gain xp anymore

on top of that like 95% of the grinding in runescape is so mindless that runescape players try to come up with more and more ways so that they dont need to actually pay attention to the fucking game, sounds like the hallmarks of a shit game to me

get guild wars 2, its where I went after wow, pretty good f2p model to boot