In•ter a•li•a

So I haven't even listened to this yet. Tell me what I should think of it Sup Forums.

Good.5; not quite great

Hate it
Literally uninspired garbage

It is the greatest ATDI record released.
AOTY confirmed my friend

Really good. Solid comeback

6.5/10

i love cedric but his singing is kinda annoying in this, the music is alright i guess

highlights of the album imo: Governed, Pendulum, Torrentially, Ghost Tape No.9

not as varied as their old stuff but still good

bumpercar

Fuck it, it's a 5.

It's pretty good. Better than expected. It's pretty repetitive, but definitely sounds like ATDI, not a dumbed down Mars Volta record.

Vocals are a bit weak too, compared to Relationship of Command, but that much is expected. Great guitars, and some really catchy choruses.

6/10

I'm a huge Bass guitar nerd and this one isn't doing it for me. 6/10 with Continuum being the strongest track.

8/10

Very weak. It lacks any momentum or intensity and is overall disappointingly bland. Cedric's vocals are kind of embarrassing.

it's a letdown in the same way that last refused album was a letdown. some of the songs are good but by and large it feels watered-down and uninspired; they're basically ripping themselves off at this point.

I just can't take another mediocre Omar/TMV/Cedric project.... I may skip this one for my own health.

Marginally better than whatever abortion Refused dumped out a few years ago.

bump

Governed by Contagions is a great song

Also I thought everyone in the band and Mars Volta hated each other

For a band that'd been defunct for almost 20 years it's better than expected. Nothing great, but solid. Cedric's voice can be pretty weak sometimes but they've managed to write a handful of their usual catchy choruses again, it has some nice riffs and groovy bass-drums interplay moments.
It doesn't have nowhere near the same energy as RoC with all the shouted group vocals and wild screams but they're getting old now and whatnot so that was to be expected I guess.
It feels a bit repetitive towards the end (it's not nearly as varied as their other albums, as some other anons have already pointed out). And I thought Keeley did a decent job of replacing Jim, honestly.

money brings people back together

Probably this . I mean, in their comeback tour Omar looked like he was always about to fucking kill himself right up there onstage. He clearly wasn't enjoying that it at all and mde zero effort in trying to hide it. Now they're back for good and with an album out.

enjoying it at all*

that's because his mother passed away before the tour started

It's a 5/10. Not good, not bad, just incredibly average.

it's not good or laughably bad, it's just there and will be forgotten within a year