Sup Forums which is the best place on earth to spend your life?

Sup Forums which is the best place on earth to spend your life?

i am tired of NYC, its loud, over-populated, rude people everywhere---i am moving to the Himalayas, or somewhere distant

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PNWsW6c6t8g
youtube.com/watch?v=NgWC5oEuyjU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm trying to figure this out too. Britbong here. I just feel like I don't really fit in. 33 y/o and recently discovered that I have been living on the high functioning autism spectrum all my life. It has provided a lot of answers as to why I am the ay I am, and made sense of a lot of things in my earlier life, but I have a big journey of self discovery yet to come.

I've never really felt like I've fit in or been happy here, but I don't really know where I want to go to be happy either. Maybe it won't make a difference if what I am truly escaping is myself, I will be with me wherever I go.

Anyway, I've narrowed my choices down to (in this order) Canada, one of the Scandinavian countries such as Finland or Sweden, or Australia/New Zealand.

I would be quite happy just me and my dog in a wood hut with the fire going out in the Rockies in the middle of nowhere.

i hope you follow your dreams, and find out where you're happy the most

i am 27 y/o and cannot find happiness here doing a 9-5, coming home tired---i feel trapped in a crowded, noisy hell

i realized that life is inevitably going to end, and its meaningless, so on the face of life's inevitable end, it would be foolish, to not even try chasing your dreams

i dont need much to be happy, i never needed big houses, or big cars, or fancy meals--i make do with less---so i wont be working in the city anymore

i am just trying to figure out the logistics to move to north-east india, near the himalayan villages, my friend's uncle already lives there, so its easy for me---the views there are gorgeous, and life is simple, the people are giving and kind

here is a snap of the place

My friend you sound exactly like me. I think for me the worry is not being able to find a way to pay the bills or eat.

If your uncle already lives there and therefore has knowledge of the local area and customs etc there is no reason not to go for it.

Like you I have never wanted the flash car, big house etc, I have just enough, and compared to a lot of the world I could be called rich. Though in this Western civilisation I am far from what society would call rich.

I think I would flourish in an environment that is not preoccupied with material things and the people are more kind and giving.

I do like having access to the internet though. It is my source of information and to a large extent, a lot of my social life, between forums such as this and hooking up with friends on ps4 etc. I think my quality of life would suffer if I was to have my access to the internet taken away from me. Although maybe I would find some fulfilment from getting out in the real world maybe. I think my autism prevents me from truly connecting to people. But maybe I could learn.

then move to vancouver, get a stable job

vancouver doesn't have a lot of people, its quite and naturesque---

moreover, you can take a hike once a month (there are many trails near vancouver)

plus, you'll have the internet and other facilities

switzerland pretty much

London

OP here, london, nyc are the type of places i am trying to avoid--but thanks for the suggestion

Fuck London. It's well busy and full of assholes.

but its near impossible for a US based-immigrant to settle in switzerland----little to no job availabilty, different language etc.

Im an over the road truck driver, been to 49 states, Canada and Mexico and if i could live anywhere id pick Arizona. Its somewhat remote, nice houses are cheap, its warm, people are nice (sexy mexican chicks lookin to settle down with gringos with steady jobs) oh and everything in general is pretty cheap, also theres alot of job opportunities there.

you like Arizona over Alaska?

i guess, we have different tastes--i'm more into cold, dark places that are scarcely populated

pic related--its alaska

well if you want to talk to no one while also feeling a high sense of superiority over others, scandinavian countries are a good bet

La or Hawaii unless you like underage hookers cause then Thailand

Dude just move to the hills of appalachia in alabama. Everyone is nice, its quiet here. Got transferred here, didnt think i would enjoy the fact everything closes at 8. Shit i enjoy this way more then i thought i would. Fuck all that tibetan bullshit

i need to emphasize the feeling of being alienated when you dont know the language of a place---

moving to scandiavian countries will be like, being the new kid in school for the rest of your life--no thanks

are you in the military? if so, thank you for your service---

but i am not so keen on alabama, as i am a scrawny asian dude, so i wouldn't fit in with with white Southerners who are very particular about keeping their place largely white;

rather, i prefer alaska, i went there on break, and the people keep to themselves and don't mind you very much (just how i like it_)

plus, the views are stunning 0__0
here is a song about alaska: youtube.com/watch?v=PNWsW6c6t8g

I just sugguested it because i never been there and wanted to go. But there are probably more rural areas in ireland or france. You could also try niagra falls NY so your right at the border of canada and pretty secluded.

i know. I went through it for 3 years. Fuck those countries

its probably best to not visit london

listen man, if you live in the city working a 9-5 job, you dont need to see london, or nyc, or tokyo---spend your limited time, seeing the aurora borealis, the himalayas, take hikes through mountains, see the nature---

it will change your perspective on life, you will realize how little everything lasts, how little money means, how small we are, and how meaningless and small our lives are, yet how beautiful life can be.

lol

spend 3 days out in nature and see "little money means"

Moving someplace 'less mean':

You're going to look mean to everyone else and will still be just as lonely.

Just ask a cop for a hand job for a few bux and you will make all kinds of new friends.

It depends. What kind of education/diploma/degree do you have?

Also pretty much everyone understands/speaks english (maybe not some older people).

Montana.
I've seen nice land as low as $500 an acre there

Move to one of the small and unknown places in the northwest. Work a service job and live within your means. Let go of the bullshit life for tranquility. At least until you desire more, then find a cozy suburb and deal with mediocrity.

nah, man, you dont have to spend months on end meditating in forests to realize how fucking beaitful life is--- a week of hiking can do that to you

this user is right

agreed--if all you need is music and books, then you can move anywhere in the world

but if you desire fancy cars, fancy meals, then you are limiting yourself--so i guess to be free, one has to let go of greed---(and even ego, as sometimes, people buy fancy cars just so that they can showoff, at their next highschool reunion-

here is a song for this thread:
youtube.com/watch?v=NgWC5oEuyjU

all you with wanderlust will love it

you dont get it

beauty is subjective, my friend---

i dont want to spend my life hating myself, hating life, hating the people that surround me

i'd much rather try to see and appreciate the beauty in the little things around me---

if you dont want to go hiking, just go to your local park, listen to music, and spend an hour there---you will feel at peace/

and you will realize that the world is a funny place, because it can be beautiful if you want it to, and it can also be hell if you want it to

my point was nature is brutal. It will eat you up, destroy you...or it might bless you with food for a month, who knows. Whatever happens it will be completely oblivious and ambivalent of you. The only reason you can afford to look at the woods and turn it into this sort of "beautiful thing" is because you have societal infrastructure, which includes a warm bed and food, to return to at night. There's nothing beautiful about nature. It's humbling, but empty, vast, and cold.

People are the best thing that's happened to this world, and you. You need people. You've had too much comfort and time to reflect on this shit, so you've developed this "I don't like people and want to be all alone" idea

>nature is brutal
Tell me about it.
I haven't lived past the 30 day mark in Don't Starve Together yet

i never said i hate people, i surround myself with people i love and care about

and i am not saying nature is all flowers and shit--i do realize that it can be dangerous, but there is also a beautiful part to it, and thos beautiful parts are worth the risks that nature presents--

i did a 10 day hike with my gf, it brought us closer together and made us realize how little is essential to stay alive---i think you're misunderstanding me, i am not saying money doesn't matter, lets all be hippies and live in the forest

all i am saying is that it is necessary to reconnect, and rebuild your relationship with nature, after all--thats where we came from, and it is humbling to experience it

As the great Buckaroo Banzai said, "No matter where you go ... there you are."

okay i'm more of the 'i want to love and know everybody' type rather than staying inside an insular circle built over many years

>moving to the himalayas

thats the matterhorn in the alps

we'll take you in Detroit, but you're not going to like it