This isn't a GOAT thread but who would be the GOAT if they had reached their full potential...

This isn't a GOAT thread but who would be the GOAT if they had reached their full potential. I think it's obvious Jon Jones is #1 in both P4P and for potential, youngest LHW champion so it's pointless saying Jon since he will become the P4P greatest if the cokehead actually gets a fucking fight.

People with knockout power aren't automatically #1 because along with explosiveness comes a style that few fighters have successfully used to become champions, for example, Rumble gassed out against Cormier so knockout power is a double edged sword, same with Woodley gassing after holding Thompson down for so long using mostly his strength.

Fedor isn't there since he fought Japanese part-time taxi drivers and lost 3 strikeforce fights.

Dan Henderson could've been the best ever if he was just 20 years younger, he nearly knocked out Bisping for the title and he is nearly 50 years old, clearly he won the decision too, just look at Bisping's face in the presser.

Ngannou has the athletic capability to be a Jon Jones of HW, being too long to deal with (other than those like Travis, and Gustaffson for Jones), but that's just a guess because he hasn't fought anybody with credibility except Arlovski who peaked so long ago who the fuck cares.

Garbrandt has the potential to destroy Dillashaw which makes him pretty much the best 135er ever since Cruz was considered P4P #2, but who knows if he can fulfil that potential with his heavy hands.

What if Silva never broke his foot off Weidman? Weidman and Mousasi too are just unlucky, these two could beat everybody at 185 but Weidman is past his time and Mousasi is only now getting it started, it will be interesting to see him against the sharks at the top of 185 like him vs Jacare 3 and Yoel the cheating Cuban cunt.

Nick Diaz before weed ban? Probably not but undoubtedly he is still a top welterweight.

shamelessselfbump

Tim Kennedy because he's fighting while also ensuring our freedom and single handedly defeating ISIS

funny

this sounds like something Kenny Florian wrote

you can only pick a GOAT by what actually happened. Jones has no self control so he threw away his potential. I think its quite obvious that Anderson Silva is, and will always be the GOAT. He was nowhere near his prime when whineman KOd him. Anderson dominated through multiple eras of the sport

He was 37 when he was KO'd, so when was his prime? Also agreed but when Jones comes back in summer I would bet on him beating Cormier and then lining up every 205er to dominate every 6 months for a long time.

I thought so

just got knocked cold like those hood videos you see of just absurdly huge angled hooks thrown in somebody's garden

He was 37 years old and the new USADA changes weren't implemented yet. He was obviously past prime when he got murdered. That said, it is hard to say he isn't the GOAT. GSP couldn't fight him and the excuse was always the size difference, but GSP is old and coming back at 185. GSP is a monster but I relly do think he was just smart enough to be that great and so he could learn these disciplines and apply them.

Jon Jones I don't think was wasted potential. I still think that if he never fights again he could be debated as GOAT. He beat incredible fighters when they were still in early 30s. Shogun, Lyoto, the way he deliberately submitted Rampage, and holy fuck can you imagine Vitor Belfort about to break your arm and you just have the will to let him?

It makes me sad that Mighty Mouse is passed over even with the recognition he has been getting lately. No one on the planet that is his size can touch him, which is kind of insane. No division has ever been so tied up and the next 3 dudes at flyweight are killers and they aren't even close to his level.

Also I don't think I would call Luke Rockhold GOAT but I do think his BJJ is underrated even as regarded as it is. (He doesn't have the credentials of Maia or Jacare.) He also has pretty great standup, probably better than Weidman. That said, I still want Weidman to get back to the top.

fastest fucking punch

Mighty Mouse lost to Cruz, and that was a Cruz with 2 ACL tears, he has faced such poor competition in comparison to his skill so how can we be sure he is a P4P great? he needs somebody to test him like Yoel did to Weidman, showing us Weidman is just too old for the sport (and Yoel is a sly prick along with his team of cheaters).

the fucking composure like he is playing golf, just hops onto him like he is wrestling a child. what does Nelson fight at?

Rockhold couldve been the greatest 185er until Bisping knocked him out (it was lucky i think we should all admit), but now I just don't see him coming back beating Jacare, Yoel and Mousasi. Maybe if Bisping 2 hadn't have happened and he moved straight to the next contender we could still be under Rockhold's 185 reign *for more than like 1 fight).

The ones with GOAT potential that used PEDs muddy the waters though.

True
But the same could happen to anybody

Tfw I have no idea of what you are talking about.

Yeah but that was some time ago and Mighty mouse wasn't big enough for 135. Cruz lost lots of value for me when Cody put a clinic on him.

Gunnar fights at 170 but he refuses to cut so it is just his normal weight. I laughed my ass off when Rockhold gave his belt away for free out of arrogance but I still think he has the skills to get back in and take the division if he stops being a fucking model. But damn I'd model too if I was handsome as that fucker.

GOAT