ITT: Moments you hate in albums you love

ITT: Moments you hate in albums you love

>the echoing water droplet thingy

Other urls found in this thread:

noisey.vice.com/en_us/article/a-conversation-with-mount-eeries-phil-elverum-on-his-devastating-new-album
youtube.com/watch?v=cI7k2tolfF0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I hated it too at first but then I got used to it and realised it adds greatly to the atmosphere of Part 3.

that FUCKING SCREAM

>the outro in Don't Laugh (I Love You)

you mean the poop splash?

this shit (literally shit splash sound) is why I prefer the live version

you must be at least 18 years old to post here

The narration to be desu. Would have preferred it without

it's on the live version too. still love it tho.
98.12.28 Otokotachi no Wakare is my #1

:^)

Yea, this. It scares the shit out of me every time

>smouldering and fascist

that part is great

>the reversed part of "The Mind Electric"

why does anyone make these kinds of palindromic songs/films they're super dull

NEW KUNG FU KENNY

why don't u like that lyric? i think it's quite interesting

because the whole album is him detailing the world close to him, the details of his intimate life with his wife, and this lyric is a judgmental turn at the rest of the world without an iota of that complexity or sense of spiritual connectedness, as well as making a political statement that I think dates the album and, well, I think "fascist" is a buzzword a lot of stupid liberals use, it doesn't reflect well on Phil and it takes me out of the world of the album.

t. someone who tells other people to go to their safe space and calls them snowflake

fair enough. I saw it as an expression of concern for his child rather than a political statement, since I really don't think Phil would put political statements in an album like that. thank you for clarifying though!

that concern is there, yes, I agree, and that's something nice about it, but it was definitely intended to be political, he released it as a response to the inauguration and then put it on the album

noisey.vice.com/en_us/article/a-conversation-with-mount-eeries-phil-elverum-on-his-devastating-new-album

but whatever. It's not the politics that bother me nearly as much as what I said before: it's out of place and not given very much lyrical attention, it's a bizarre aside.

>Exchange, never been able to get into the song

It no longer spooks me now, and the only part I absolutely hate is the first half of And All You Can Do Is Laugh (2).

>YOUR NAKED BODY

(really just all of that cover)

I think it's just a perfect intermission, smooth and light
nice dubs tho

Group Four is a perfect closing song, never understood the purpose of (Exchange).

The French kids in Antennas to Heaven
>Part 3
The live version was done better in that regard

The Damned - Machine Gun Etiquette

You know how "Plan 9 Channel 7" has that "oooo ooooo oooooohoooo" ending? Never before have I ever wished so goddamn hard for a song to have an early fade-out. I guess it's not so bad that theyhave it at the end of the song instead of the middle, because I can just skip to the next track at that part and not miss anything I like. It's a shame that partof the song even exists because the rest of that track is really, really good.

main reason i can't stand this album besides that its not taht good is the the water droplet sounds like hes taking a shit

I love them, is another sound that somehow makes it spacier and more beautiful to me.

>I'm lost in the wooooooooooods
that fucking autotune pierces my fucking ears

When the dog barks in Pink Eye on my Leg.

It's right after Cold Blows the Wind just when you think Ween is starting to take themselves seriously.

AINT NO BODY PRAYIN 4 ME

Alright I misread the title as moments you love in albums you love. I got nothing for the Mollusk.

pleeeeb

>it makes me drink beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer

I was going to say, that bark never fails to make me chuckle, do you hate fun or something
>the Iron Man melody in Hell of a Life

speaking of moments that scare you out of nowhere, the smiley smile version of wind chimes has that one moment that spooks you except I love the little scare

ween never needs to take themselves seriously, get outta here

>the opening of Aegispolis

sounds like my fucking alarm in the morning and it really pisses me off

the world it seems can be smouldering and facist no matter how people look at it, liberal or conservative and no amount of blame and hatred will ever make us feel safe or unified and it's certainly not a great time to raise kids, which is more the point phil is making since it's "with no mother" either

maybe you can pretend he actually means the secretly facist liberaals if you want but if it really bothers you i think you're missing what phil is trying to express

if i was a new single dad during a period of intense social upheaval i'd be scared and angry too

i thought that was ok

>the whole album
>Inertia Creeps
>So Appalled
aka "How many times can we mispronounce the word 'ridiculous' in a single song?"

if it was so important for Phil to develop the sense that the outer world was terrifying and imposing and raising his kid will be a challenge, he would have spent more than one line on it. It's a distraction from the internal world of the album, regardless where on the political spectrum. It's quite obviously a liberal sentiment he is expressing, considering the song's proceeds went to the ACLU.

And The Mind Electric is such boring wank after you hear it more than once

Inertia Creeps is the best triphop song as well as the sexiest song ever made what the fuck is wrong with you

Then I guess I don't like trip-hop

>sexiest song ever made
(not true by the way)

is right, wtf

fine, whatever

at least you're not calling him a liberal cuck and throwing the album down the drain for having ONE SONG with ONE LITTLE THING in it

the whole album is just "Phil tries to cope with a specific death", it's dated by nature

moreover think the line works very well in the grand scheme of the album actually, it ever so slightly betrays how terrible and out-of-it he still feels inside even if he maintains his calm voice the whole album

it somehow just feels genuine is all

what is the sexiest song?
I don't think I've ever heard a song that I'd describe as sexy. I have heard something that was so excessively lewd that it made me skip the song, but I have found nothing attractive.

again this thread is things one hates in albums one loves

I *really* don't want to be bothered by this line and it really kills the listening experience for me.

I agree that it's perfectly genuine and certainly an understandable perspective Phil is giving. While it's dated by Genevieve's death, it could still have a sense of timelessness that one could apply to any death if not for that line. It just shows a lack of depth and clarity of thought that is not present for the rest of the album.

"Fascist" is used by liberals the same way "cuck" is used by people (you all seem to assume) like me (even though I hate the meme and have it filtered); it just shuts down discourse.

See my reply, I thought it meant moments you love. Pink Eye on my Leg is perfect, I wouldn't change it.

>it's on the live version too.

WHAT

"wooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuaaahaaaaaahaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaauyyyyyyyuuuuuuuuuuuuuaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaauuiiiiAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA..."

kys

oh yeah, the autotune kind of grates sometimes and that's a real shame cause i feel like it shouldn't even be needed ever with kanye sometimes
I know, it just kind of pisses me off how unforgiving and mercilessly antipathetic people can be towards anything that dosen't align with them 100%, not saying you're like that at all but if you were here for the Crow threads in March...

As for how dated the album is, i liken the album to something of a very long expressionist poem just attempting to capture how Phil feels at this exact point in time.

Phil characterizes Genevieve and his situation and is straightforward enough to feel like he really couldn't be generalizing or waxing philisophical about death and whatnot and that is one of the biggest draws of Crow, imo. I guess I just don't really value "timelessness" when it comes to albums like this i get the impression shouldn't be revisited or classicized. There was only one Genevieve and there is only one Phil Elverum to mourn and attempt to comprehend her passing, and that's not something anyone can replicate.

>Defending garbage music

breakdown baby

when paul goes full grannymode on admiral halsey

>greentexting a regular sentence

Maybe you can't get into it because you're a retard?

you can suck my balls eternally

I agree that it's a pretty cheesy (in a bad way). I also don't like that the breakdown lasts too long without any variety.

nice bait

speaking of which

second half of DNA

That ear wrenching acapella

he's mentally challenged because he uses the wrong text norm made up by autistic basket weaving mongolians in a virtual place

great argument

the part in ring a bell off of bottomless pit where the song just stops mid-hook and cuts to a dude talking for a few seconds, completely destroys the momentum of the song for me.

hahaha wtf is this album

>liberals aren't fascist

here's a hint: liberals are still capitalists

The Iron Man melody is an essential part to Hell Of A Life, in Iron Man the refrain is "Has he lost his mind" while in Hell of a Life Ye is saying "Have you lost your mind". Both are songs about people judging something preemptively.

>my friend Jarboe is gonna sing you some songs

What's wrong with you?

it's christian post-rock
youtube.com/watch?v=cI7k2tolfF0

lol sorry if I upset you redditfriend.
Here it's just genuinely accepted that newfags bring the overall quality of the discussion, such as it is, down and should "lurk moar" in order to avoid this.

>getting offended by a word

>Putting Celebration right after Hey Mama

what did Ye mean by this?

He already gave a good explanation of why he didn't like it

>the opening of Aegispolis
>sounds like my fucking alarm in the morning and it really pisses me off

you mean Green Calx?

Doesn't matter what his explanation was, he was legitimately offended by a word enough to shitpost walls of text about how offended he was about it

Why would people take you serious when you post a meme like that?

>filename

gotcha, upvoted my good sir !

The only people that hate the splash sound on this album are people that never went fishing before

Are none of you familiar with fishing float/bobber, that's what that is.

>he hates part 4
M E G A P L E B

So what, you have to be a fisherman to appreciate this album? Next you're gonna tell me you need to be black to enjoy Kendrick?

Yeah its too cheesy

No, but it's embarrassing that people are mentally picturing poop and toilets the cover is 3 guys in a band called fishmans going fishing. Like, appreciate the atmosphere it is going for, or at least try to. Poop? Really??!

>breakdown baby
wait what is this referring to

the intro to lost in the woods makes me precum a bit

its just so ambient and quiet. Like I might as well be listening to nothing.

Parts 1-3 are fantastic though.

Yeah, it really is made for a specific type of fan I guess. I love drone and repetition in music, so I guess it fits for me. I respect your opinion, and I was mostly just shitposting.

you have not listened to the album

no one tell him, just let him listen to the album