*deletes I Got the News*

*deletes I Got the News*

.. and now you have a better listen and five more minutes of your life to do something better. Smart.

yeah that song always threw me. always been my favourite steely dan record but that song makes it a 9 for me tbqh

*listens to a new, improved album*

*adds FM*

their best album should feature their best song

Are you 50?

>he doesn't like funky muzak

why don't you go worry the bottle and listen to Elvis

>Worry the bottle
What doss that even mean?
Also, I don't care for Elvis.

I do like FM it just always struck me as something they more just did for fun. It doesn't seem like it would fit on Aja.

Josie is the best track

>shes the raw flame, the live wire
>she preys like a Roman with her eyes on fire

>To touch repeatedly, to fiddle with

They were known as clever nerds after all

dude, its deacon blues and it isn't even close.

Lol nice i didnt know that.
I still wish i knew what a "battle apple" was

Was there ever ANYONE who sounded like Fagen? If there is, I have never heard them.

it sounds like it belongs on aja more than gaucho

Not that i know of.
He's got a very unique sound.
I know they were always trying to find a singer for their stuff because he didn't like to sing but imo he's the only one who can embody the steely dan sound perfectly. If it was someone else it just wouldn't be the magic that it is.

"no"

Was FM written during the Gaucho sessions? I thought it was written during the alive in america thing or whatever I'm probably completely wrong

It was written at the tail-end of the Aja sessions in late '77.

i was under the impression it was written directly after the aja sessions. ill have to look into it.

Ah. After listening to it again i have to concede that it would have actually fit pretty well with the aesthetic of Aja. That being said I am curious why they didn't put it on there.

Bump

But I