Why can't rockist see that their autistic elitism is playing into the death of rock music and no one wants to here...

Why can't rockist see that their autistic elitism is playing into the death of rock music and no one wants to here their constant complaining?

The reason no one listen to rock music anymore is because no one wants to associate with pretentious dickheads.

Good, the less normies keep trying to ruin rock music the better

He should shut his fucking mouth and play drums for Josh Homme

go back to listen to nicky minaj

the best thing dave ghrol has done in his life is his drumming in Songs for the deaf and them crooked vultures

This.

"muh real instruments". It still doens't mean anything when you see them come up with the most blandest, souless shit.

maybe mainstream rock sure, which is even barely a thing anymore as it is. noone gives a shit about Ghrol
pretty much this

nirvana

desu idk why rock isn't being merged with modern electronic music. could you imagine the possibilities????? this is why people love death grips.

Rockist doesn't mean "likes rock music." There are plenty of people on Sup Forums who proclaim hip hop or bleeps to be their favorite genres but then talk about it in a rockist way.

yeah

>rock is pretentious
>meanwhile, every other rap song is boasting
I mean I love rap almost as much as I love rock but this is stupid

This. But I disagree with "rockism" being inherently negative.

On a separate note, the reason rock is "dying" is that it's not dancey enough. As time has gone, pop has become more narrow. That is because people who want a unique sound can easily get it from less popular artists. The only things that get popular are dance songs and piano ballads for the most part. The piano ballads are for 30 year old moms and teenage girls who feel sad occasionally. Hip hop is popular because it works as both dance music and high music (weed and xans are getting more popular atm over molly from a few years ago) because most of it can be interpreted as both 70 bpm and 140 bpm

dubs speak the truth
also, tfw no second them crooked vultures album

Or maybe the "death" of a genre is just tabloid bullshit to bait conservatives and musicians can still make whatever music they like, including blues and shit that hasnt been popular in decades

but people still listen to kanye west, user.

and trent reznor

The word rockism was a bad word to make, the idiot who came up with it probably thought he was being clever by associating with a word like racism.
Also now people see it and think only people who listen to rock music are capable of being narrow minded.
I bet it was some jew who invented it.

As for poptamism, its the embrace of mediocrity, its the embrace of the consumerist lifestyle, stop listening to that obscure Japanese afrobeat, listen to beyonce and top 40 like a good sheep. Poptamism was capitalism masked as social progress. And its the worst fucking thing to happen to music.
What is the end game of poptamism anyways?
A world were everyone only listens to and talks about beyonce?

Who ever came up with these words, poptamism, rockism, its divisive, like, you are only allowed to listen to one type of music.
There is no center.

I repeat, music has become stagnate, and we live in a hell world of top 40 pop music, random nigger rapper of the week, and corporate electronic music called "EDM" now

i hate how the 90s were so diverse.

>inb4 le now is da best 4or muziikkkk becausse u can search whateva

at least in the 90s some weird trip band/artist could get in the top fucking10 or 40.

poptamism is for settlers.

I miss when music meant something

>As for poptamism, its the embrace of mediocrity, its the embrace of the consumerist lifestyle, stop listening to that obscure Japanese afrobeat, listen to beyonce and top 40 like a good sheep. Poptamism was capitalism masked as social progress. And its the worst fucking thing to happen to music.
>What is the end game of poptamism anyways?
>A world were everyone only listens to and talks about beyonce?

this but unironically

the best thing dave ghrol has done in his life is killing cobain

>The word rockism was a bad word to make, the idiot who came up with it probably thought he was being clever by associating with a word like racism.
>I bet it was some jew who invented it.
lol

>Japanese afrobeat
I need this.

go to bed, Courtney

I didn't particularly appreciate being insulted and denigrated by an act I paid to see Live. Like TOOL for example, just STFU and sing.
BlackBerry Smoke!!!