I wake up A LOT while sleeping at night. Many times for several minutes

I wake up A LOT while sleeping at night. Many times for several minutes.
Why and what do?

>inbf4 sleep hygiene, exercise, eat healthy, weed, bullet to head, clorox

Also, do any of u experience this too?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RwtG-Y1zpvg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>chronic insomniac here

if you find out let me know

i've gotten maybe 12 hours collectively of sleep in the past week

Do you eat before 2 hours before you bed? if so stop eating two hours before bed, & only drink milk, water or orange 2 hours before you go to bed! Regards, old Sup Forums admin! ;D

I used to get that a lo,t like waking up 5 or so times in the night or more I wasn't really sure. I would first go get checked out by a doctor, but seriously exercise and hydration are critical trust me.

That happened to me for a couple months then it stopped happening maybe a month ago. I kind of miss it tbh, wake up for a few seconds, move the blankets, get cozy and pass right out immediately

damn, that sux user

what do docs tell u?
They told me i was depressed (which is bullshit imo) and that i needed antidepressants and other poisons
>HELL NO

yes. 2 hours before bed, no fat, high carbs, just a little fruit

I dont understand:
>stop eating two hours before bed
>drink milk, water or orange 2 hours before you go to bed

ty, but read the inbf4: I already eat healthy, exercise and hydrate when needed

>docs

if i could afford to see a doctor i'd have a zillion fewer problems

>tfw american
>tfw no insurance because poor
>tfw it's about to be way harder to get insurance if you're poor in america

>tfw america's motto is FUCK POOR PEOPLE

yeah, i read its normal to wake up few times to change positions and etc,
the thing is sometimes i just cant fall back asleep or stay several minutes awake.
When that happnes day after day after day u feel tired all day every day

sucks

how long have u been sleeping like that?
does it get better sometimes?

I seem to have this insomnia episodes for months, then I sleep good for some weeks, then im back to insomniac mode without making any changes to my routine/diet

Just exercise and drink a lot of water. You'll be tired as fuck at the end of the day and you'll get toned. It's a win win.

If you are having issues sleeping , dont eat two hours before bed, it's very hard to explain while I'm drunk, but it has to do with how your body works! dont drink any fizzy drinks or anything with a lot of sugar. Also if you are stressed, relax before sleep & forget about you problems, if you want to talk about anything just as me on twitter.com/megatechguy regards, old Sup Forums admin!

I think I may be becoming an "inverted" insomniac myself. I can fall asleep easily, but I don't sleep for very long. I could usually sleep upwards of 10-12 hours, but at most, I sleep for 4 hours now. I go to bed at like 1am usually, and wake up at 5.

Try the 4-7-8 breathing technique i fall asleep better and stay a sleep longer
Inhale 4 seconds
Hold breath 7 seconds
Exhale 8 seconds
Repeat 3 times

If none of that works, turn off all monitor screens before 10pm, blue light mite be fucking with your head! google it, you can set some phones to lower the brightness at night! old admin!

I've never really experienced problems going to sleep - the times i did i imagined doing something enjoyable but simple.
Pretending to play gameboy helped me - like grinding pokemon or playing zelda, sometimes minecraft.

Take my advice I post in the topic, it mite inprove your life mate, sleep is one of the most important aspect of having a healthy life! old Sup Forums admin.

>sperm count decreases in females

ty old admin, ive been doing all of that for years.
I quit sodas, caffeine, tobacco and most sugar on 2005

One thing I cannot do tho is go to bed without eating. I workout like 4 or 5 days a week, so i think my body need the fuel, or else i wake up hungry n the middle of the night.

i do all of thatm have done my research already ty again

i think i saw an old man on utube explaining that tecnique,
ty user, didnt work.
I fall asleep fast. My problem is waking up a lot and/or just sleeping 5 or 6 hours
>inbf4 thats enough
Its not, everyone needs different amounts. I need 7-8 to feel rested

rlly? do u think i havent done that already?
read the inbf4 in the original post fam

Also, drinkin A LOT of water is not as good as one may think...

Get an eye mask to block any light from external sources and get wax-type earbuds (I use a brand called Orophax). I used to wake up a shitload but by blocking most light and sound I don't experience the stress of waking up many times. I'd wholeheartedly recommend this

nuff said

ty user

my room is pitch black at night.
Get away from pc and phone 2 hours bf4 bed too.
Dont use lights when i wake up in the middle of the night, nor check the time.

Noise is not a problem, but tried earbuds anyway.
Cant stand them, too unconfortable and pointless because noise is not a problem anyway like a said.

OP describe a standard night from approximately 6 pm to the next day; helps to spot some disorderly patterns

youtube.com/watch?v=RwtG-Y1zpvg
wish I could take that back...
but I cannot.

Your problem might be stress related perhaps. I myself had a major sleeping disorder after getting obsessed with competitive rowing selections (basically telling myself I HAD to sleep well in order to perform: during "sleep" I was basically in a major daydream but my body was too tense to be able to fall asleep - ended up failing the selection and stress passed afterwards)

ty!!

at around 6pm i start making my dinner,
eat at 7pm, do some more internetting until 8pm or less,
Then get a shower in the dark, then relax in a sofa while i listen music or audio books.
Only go to bed when i feel sleepy.

Alarm is set to 5:15 am

I fall asleep fast/easy like I said.
Problem is waking up several times or sleeping 5-6 hours only.

I also stop drinking water at around past 6pm so i dont feel the need to pee

Nobody who absolutely works their ass off isn't tired at the end of the day. Walking on a treadmill isn't shit, you need to push yourself to your limits.

>Inb4 that's too hard

In which case enjoy not sleeping.

idk man, my strees levels are really low, close to zero...

But i do know stressing about not sleeping of course, makes shit worse.
It makes me anxious. I dont think thats the root of the problem but it def makes things worse.
Such paradox

try ASMR m8

nigger, when i workout i always reach fail
i train hard

when i dont workout, i skateboard, which is hell of physical activity too, so i know about being tired af at the end of the day.

know what? those days are when i get the worse sleep.
I did some research and found out some peeps experience this too, maybe due to excess adrenaline and cortisol, so....

all i ann have tried it all, all the combos too: not working out, los physical activity, working out early in the morning, high protein, low carbs, high carbs, etc.
you name it

That's the whole point of insomnia though, it's freaking annoying because the stress of not being able to sleep a full night is like a viscious cycle that keeps getting worse.

I think that anxiousness wakes you up (I've been there a lot lol): you head to bed with a feeling in your stomach that you'll wake up at night and (guess what) you wake up at night

yep
i dont know how to break that cycle now tho. Its almost like an obsession.
The again, it seems to happen only in seasons. I can be sleeping like shit to day, and all of a sudden I start sleeping like a normal person again (zero anxiety on those days, of course).
Then suddenly Im back to sleeping like shit for weeks/months

I think the issue might be psychological (this is perfectly normal btw), you need a way to relieve that anxiety

Working out won't do shit. I have the same problems, and I use pills to sleep. There's literally no other way round it. I can be tired all day, then when it's time for bed, I'm wide awake. It's 01:40 here (uk).

yeah i think that too, althogh that doesnt explain how i start sleeping again normally all of a sudden.
See

Fuck admins

sleep apnea maybe?

Before you go to sleep inhale breath touch the roof of your mouth while you let the air out slowly.
Thank God for this im not even sure but it works.

nah, had a sleep study done and its not that according to them, but on the report there were several episodes of "small apneas"

with your tongue*
about 4 times then you get some good sleep.

ty user will try it

OP's problem does not relate with falling asleep, but rather staying asleep and most suggested solutions are for falling asleep

this, ty
i fall asleep in like 5 or 10 min after hitting bed.

Also, its like a seasonal insomnia. For some weeks/months I sleep 7 - 8 hours waking up just a few short times

Thank God not me it also helps for stress and anxiety the next day, inhale then use touch the roof of your mouth with your tongue you get sleepy, not sure why but founded it out.
you can try it right now I read it works for most people.

I did a brief academic literature study and this might help (following post)

Go to a doctor and get a sleep study done, you could just have sleep apnia (spelling). It's where you snore, then nearly choke and wake up multiple times thru the night; some people up to 50 or more times often without remembering.

see they said im depressed, which i think is not the case.