youtube.com/watch?v=DPC9erC5WqU
youtube.com/watch?v=0EEmDClVTi0
youtube.com/watch?v=3uvknDYJy0Q
youtube.com/watch?v=XAKBo8L2tow
youtube.com/watch?v=nm-gPmg8oNk
youtube.com/watch?v=RhCmx_5enag
youtube.com/watch?v=2DbR35g-0ZY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's about time, but there's nothing in sight to replace it (rock is deader than dead), so it will take much longer than it should.

>there's nothing in sight to replace it

lol

could a person on this board provide me with a brief parable pertaining to the existence of these two males in the original poster's photograph?

There is something? Tell me about it.

No

>rap
>dying
AHAHAHAHA
rap is here to STAY, you stupid rockist fag
in 50 years people will still be talking about the GENIUS West, the TALENTED 3000, the SKILLFUL Thugger
so you better get used to it

>rock is deader than dead

The rock revival will happen soon, we're going to see another 90's style movement

rap at its peak right now. it'll be completely dead near 2019 or something.

>but there's nothing in sight to replace it
idk about that, darkwave is growing here in Boston

yep trap is gonna take over just like metal did with punk

Jesus... Is that what Simon and Garfunkel look like now?

There's no way rock could ever become cool again, it's seen as way too "dad-ish"

Can I get a quick rundown on those two?

Seriously, is there anything left to be done in rock music? Given the fact rap will have to be replaced at one point or other what will be the emerging genre that will fill it's place in the mainstream? I doubt it'll be rock.
And please don't let it be this i want something interesting to occur, maybe even a new genre instead of vapid recycling of ideas.

It's the bogdanoff brothers. Basically ex-theoretical physicists who wrote some bullshit papers using extremely convoluted wording so that professors were fooled that they were onto something interesting instead of just spouting bullshit.

One example: one statement from the paper

"whatever the orientation, the plane of oscillation of Foucault's pendulum is necessarily aligned with the initial singularity marking the origin of physical space."

is a more complicated way of saying

"Any plane contains a point."

Basically that's it, now because they look freaky because of their odd facial structures and plastic surgery people think they are aliens and super advanced humans or something

It doesn't have to be called rock

I had heard they were connected to the Rothschild banking scheme, French multiculturalism, Italian open borders, and USA fast food agendas.

Rothschilds bow to the Bogdanoffs

are you guys only reffering to rock music like guns n roses or some shit or are you actually reffering to metal as well ?
because if you are metal is going to take over in a lot of places
ex: Eastern Europe

Metal has taken over rock for a whole decade

There's few "rock" bands out there doing anything, but there's literally tons of metal bands coming up every day for almost ever sub genre

Some new fresh movement that emerges someday in the future and brutally breaks all the backwards compatibility with the pathetic carcass that currently constitutes "rock" is still possible I hope.

yeah I know
rock sucks anyways (at least most of it) so I don't really see it taking over in the next decade
the closest thing that got popular from rock music these years was arctic monkeys and they kind of suck too

-Rothschilds bow to Bogdanoffs
-In contact with aliens
-Possess psychic-like abilities
-Control france with an iron but fair fist
-Own castles & banks globally
-Direct descendants of the ancient royal blood line
-Will bankroll the first cities on Mars (Bogdangrad will be be the first city)
-Own 99% of DNA editing research facilities on Earth
-First designer babies will in all likelihood be Bogdanoff babies
-both brothers said to have 215+ IQ, such intelligence on Earth has only existed deep in Tibetan monasteries & Area 51
-Ancient Indian scriptures tell of two angels who will descend upon Earth and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented technological progress with them
-They own Nanobot R&D labs around the world
-You likely have Bogdabots inside you right now
-The Bogdanoffs are in regular communication with the Archangels Michael and Gabriel, forwarding the word of God to the Orthodox Church. Who do you think set up the meeting between the pope & the Orthodox high command (First meeting between the two organisations in over 1000 years) and arranged the Orthodox leader’s first trip to Antarctica in history literally a few days later to the Bogdanoff bunker in Wilkes land?
-They learned fluent French in under a week
-Nation states entrust their gold reserves with the twins. There’s no gold in Ft. Knox, only Ft. Bogdanoff
-The twins are about 7 decades old, from the space-time reference point of the base human currently accepted by our society
-In reality, they are timeless beings existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe. We don’t know their ultimate plans yet. We hope they’re benevolent beings.

HAHAHAHA sorry mate but here in the UK everyone thinks that people listen to music are fucking LARPers or neckbeards. Honestly there are like a few metal "friend groups" but not popular IN THE SLIGHTEST

I consider metal a seperate entity instead of a subgenre of rock so i didn't took it's existence into account.
>are you guys only reffering to rock music like guns n roses or some shit
Of course GNR and the likes represents a side of rock music (which has become irrlevant for a long time now) but i'm talking of rock music as a collective of various styles which seem to die the moment we are speaking. And by "die" i strickly refer to the lack of advancement in their respected formulas.
What was the last time you heard something truly refreshing? I sure as hell haven't in years. May as well count rock music as zombified corpse.

Not while Viper lives

Why does someone keep posting these ugly guys? Are they a band?

Kendrick is burying rap.
Watch how well the new LCD album will do with the media.
Big "rock" (the term is essentially dead) and bands like MGMT, Grizzly Bear, Mac Demarco, are all releasing shit this year. It's all gonna get good media attention but normies will still feel hip listening to it.
Don't waste your precious noggin juices mulling over the direction of popular music, Instead, focus on cultural shifts and how (((they))) are manipulating the masses. I'm not kidding.

Meme it up bro

>Kendrick Lamar

The call that saved Hip Hop

Never liked rap anyway

are you 14?

Literally everything points to the opposite, rap has never been healthier.

Nah I'm 22 and a university student. 95% of people are fucking normies who love Drake

That's when a genre dies/loses cultural relevance. Remember what Nirvana did to grunge?

I hate how sp many rappers in the inner circle of pop rap just put out shit project after shit project and their peers continue to shill for them because they feel like they have to. People in the industry will continue to insist guys like J Cole and Wale and Tyga are relevant when they've never put out even one good project. People in the industry will continue to base their top 10s on what they grew up seeing more than the quality of individual projects. Popular hip hop will continue to be the most sensitive yes-man circlejerk in music history, and guys that actually make it big and contribute something of value to the game will become harder and harder to come by. Its total cancer.

rothschild monkey detected

Yeah I don't think you go from your peak to irrelevancy in 2 years. I give rap another decade of prominence but I don't think it will sound anything like it does now.

what are you chatting lad, its popular as fuck over here, i bet youre from up north where its just garage techno and snorting ket off your sisters fat off labia

Emo has been bubbling from the underground for a while since the 10s revival, but people just straight up do not give it a chance so it's basically DOA.

haha you got me

this

Quick rundown on them:

>Rothschilds bow to the Bogdanoffs
>In contact with aliens
>Rumoured to possess psychic abilities
>Control france with an iron fist
>Own castles and banks all over the world
>Direct descendants of the ancient royal blood line
>Will bankroll the first cities on Mars (Bogdangrad will be be the first city)
>Own basically every DNA editing research facility on Earth
>Published theoretical physics papers in scientific journals over 200 years ahead of their time. Scientists are still unable to understand the complexities of their research.
>First designer babies will be Bogdanoff Babies
>Both brothers said to have 200+ IQ
>Ancient Indian scriptures tell of two angels who will descend upon the Earth and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented technological progress with them
>These are the Bogdanoff twins
>They own Nanobot R&D labs around the world
>You likely have Bogdabots inside you right now
>The Bogdanoffs are in regular communication with the Archangels Michael and Gabriel, forwarding the word of God to the Orthodox Church
>They learned fluent French in under a week
>Saved Europe from destruction with a single phone call
>Nation states entrust their gold reserves with the twins. There's no gold in Ft. Knox, only Ft. Bogdanoff
>The twins are 67 years old, from the space-time reference point of the base human.
>In reality, they are timeless beings existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe
>The Bogdanoffs will guide humanity into a new age of wisdom, peace and love

Stop resisting the bogpill

At this point most everything's been done before. With that in mind it's time to bring plunderphonics to the mainstream. Perhaps Kanye should make an album where he samples nothing but himself.

whats an essential plunderponics album?

Metal is dead to the world, too many subgenres killed it.

Pop rap and its sub genres will be the mainstream music industry for the next few years

I actually agree with this guy () with the plunderphonics thing.
It has always been done but not too much in depth, and hell look at what came out of the genre with this
(no, i'm not impossible nothing, i've just been listening to this album a lot)

Not soon enough for me.

I think rap hit its peak, its becoming a parody of itself.
The age of those weirdo meme rappers is going to come to an end. Rap got swallowed up by the top 40 pop machine and now its mundane shit.
Even kanye is going into hiding.
The trends i predict for the future, rap as we know it will die, there will be a revivalist movement of 90's style gangsta rap, it wont be mainstream, it will shit on those faggy weak sad boy crap.
Another thing is that big house EDM is dying, the plebes havent fully accepted it yet. Electronic music will retreat back to how it used to be , a niche enjoyed by /bleep/ men, or there will be some sort of american IDM movement and electronic music in america will gain some depth instead of just being fratboy party music.
Another thing is that late teens white girl pop music is dying, gaga, perry, swift, shit like that, male pop stars are starting to rise. I predict that big time female pop will take a back seat, but there will be many prominent women in the indie sphere, a lot of fiona apple, bjork type bitches.

Rock will come back, it was replaced by EDM, not rap, EDM took all the white people casuals that listen to rock. I dont know how rock will come back, my guess is some sort of 90's thing mixed with indie, like shoe gaze mixed with grunge, grunge gaze?

I predict the trump years will be a 90's revival, although trump himself is a very 80's guy.

Funny

I mean, you can see the downfall of rap as popular, kanye going into hiding, miley cyrus going back to being a hick, etc.

Even skrillex jumped ship from EDM and went back to his rock band

you are all fools

intelligent point

Damn...

Smart frogposter

basically this cancer age of poptamsm and rap and EDM is ending people just dont realize it, (thank god), the obama years were like peak yuppie liberal narcissism, trump years will be more down to earth, a shift to making fun of those out of touch rich liberal fuckers, music with more substance.

you will be wrong about EVERYTHING because what you said has already Happend

Please remember me why these guys fucked up their faces.

it's the final step towards ascension

I fucking hate the current rap
It's all normies pretending to be "depressed and dark XD"

Rap has been dead.

why do normies ruin everything

This is what will happened (screen cap this for future generations)
Kanye West will commit suicide (he'll release a polarizing) album that people most of his old fans hate due to its mixture of field recordings and lowercase.
hip-hop will still be popular though not as popular as this year. Trap music will reach a second peak of popularity. Theneedledrop will not give a single rock album an 8 or above.
Pierro Scaruffi will die from a heart attack and with him goes the avant-teen and the vast majority of rym. Hip-hops popularity will start to plumit as the Western World goes into a major crisis. Droughts and flooding will kill millions of people.
-2020 A nuclear war between the USA and North Korea and China will kill 96% of life on earth.
-2021 A few of the suriving people will start making old folk music simmilar to music from the early 1900's. The two mainstreme gebres of music is human folk and mutant "junk" music. (Music mostly played on pots and pans). Neither groups of humans will be able to survive for very long and by 2034 99% of all life on earth will not exist except for some deep sea animals and bacteria.

kek

Seriously

Rap is in a golden age right now. It's breaching new areas sonically and more mature lyrically than it has ever been.

you're kidding right? rap lyrics have never been more immature

>Germany
youtube.com/watch?v=ID63iNLqrFU
>Finland
youtube.com/watch?v=hvEHO_aC_XA
>Asian
youtube.com/watch?v=DPC9erC5WqU
>France
youtube.com/watch?v=0EEmDClVTi0
>Brazil
youtube.com/watch?v=3uvknDYJy0Q
>Turkey
youtube.com/watch?v=XAKBo8L2tow
>Angola
youtube.com/watch?v=nm-gPmg8oNk

And it's all because of that asshole Kanye West...

Depends on whether or not you're looking at things from the mainstream or not.

>Metal has taken over rock for a whole decade

A whole decade? Rock was a thing of the 60s-70s, metal displaced it by the Reagan years.

youtube.com/watch?v=RhCmx_5enag
the future of German rap

kek those are the gayest lyrics I've ever heard

It's not dying. However, today's rap is not my style. It seems like today's rap appeals to the youth for the most part. The most popular type of rap is soundcloud rap. For the most part, they are uninteresting rappers who ride on the fire instrumentals and aesthetic. It makes sense because I was super into current rap when I was a teenager. It's still good but nothing game changing or special - just good music for parties.

That sucks. Even the beat is shit.

>breaching new areas sonically
yes
>more mature lyrically
NO

give one example.

What ever do you mean, literally by the year 2000 hip-hop started charting even higher than ever and 1999 was the last year of huge rock albums.
It literally happened in 1 year nigger,

never heard of that fag but Ufo361 is pretty neat

youtube.com/watch?v=2DbR35g-0ZY

Hip-hop will reach it's zenith in the mid 2020s when it reaches its grunge phase.

hip-hop is already in its grunge phase.

Which acts?

all the edgy soundcloud DIY rappers.
XXXXXManlet is the nu-kurt.

>XXXXXManlet is the nu-kurt.
you wish kiddo

Maybe if he had talent.

Lol
He's one of those fags that always talks about suicide to be edgy but never actually do it

i was obviously joking about him being kurt, but seriously the soundcloud DIY rap is basically grunge.

> if all nujabes and dilla deep throaters could wait and make some real songs with their lo fi jazz rap and somehow create it to be mainstream, but add some sort of modern test they could do something with it to bring a new movement instead of uploading 24 streams on youtube.

Rock didn't become irrelevant after 1999 though which is what the person who I was responding to was inferring would happen to hip-hop, learn to read faggot.

Do young people really think that badly of rock music? I'm 23 and I hadn't noticed.

yeah it did nigger.

Shabazz Palaces

mehh he's old so it doesn't count. the leaders of new and exciting movements or anything were always young people in their early 20s.
fuck a forty year old who's experimenting.

>bring plunderphonics to the mainstream

DJ Shadow did that twenty years ago

It's only growing bigger and bigger, look at the Hot 100 and how many Rap songs are in the Top 30 compared to previous years.

In a few years it will overtake Pop and Pop will be treated on the charts like Rock is now, and Rock will become completely irrelevant.

>kanye going into hiding

since when is deleting your twitter going into hiding

Radiohead deleted their twitter before releasing AMSP

>the leaders of new and exciting movements or anything were always young people in their early 20s

you dont know much about music huh

>Perhaps Kanye should make an album where he samples nothing but himself.
I don't know if anyone can handle that much ego on one album.

pride cometh before the fall

you are literally retarded

google the definition of pop