144 Million

>144 Million

Other urls found in this thread:

cinemablend.com/new/Female-Ghostbusters-Movie-Has-Giant-Budget-71005.html
youtube.com/watch?v=EwKR_y93izs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not a fan of any of the ghost busters movies. But I thought that was tasteless, even more so since the other guy died in real life

That fall from the window sfx is literally youtube video tier.

Did they just murder Bill Murray?

How do you spend so much money on effects and get such horrible results?

How was the budget so big when women get paid less?

Reminder that McCarty was paid $10 million and fag was paid $12 mil, both UPFRONT.

They had to spend most of it on food for Melissa McCarthy and Leslie Jones

Why do you hate women? Because they won't touch you sexually?

I just watched this today, and came to the realization that they only actually catch one ghost the entire time. Then, they let it go because Billy Murray made them mad. This movie is so fucking retarded, and I now realize that there's no way that critics would have given it the positive scores that they did without the all female angle. The writing is fucking terrible.

This isn't real... r-right guys

Is there a break down of the individual costs somewhere?

Why was Rowan such a powerful ghost? It's not like he was a god or anything.

>which included hefty salaries for headliner Melissa McCarthy (a reported $14 million) as well as a nice chunk of change ($10 million) for the director himself.

cinemablend.com/new/Female-Ghostbusters-Movie-Has-Giant-Budget-71005.html

Not yet. Those are the only 2 that were disclosed, both accidentally, to make a point that McCarthy was paid well to "smash the patriarchy". I bet the other 3 girls weren't paid that well.

Going back to look at those year old comments are fucking gold. The sjw lapdogs were fucking deluded as shit.

The original Ghostbusters had scary villains. Viggo wasn't as good as Gozer but was still pretty menacing.
The scene when paws came out from Dana's sofa was fucking scary.
In this movie not only the villain doesn't feel like a threat (why he doesn't possess the ghostbusters like he did with the cops anyway? Did they explain it?) but he got no motivations, not even a single line. Is it because his cat died? A girl rejected him? Anything would be fine.

she needs that money for food

>movie jail

He was the lonely virgin that they kept making fun of in the lead up to the movie's release

>12 mill upfront
>cried about movie jail
I'm sure he could just go back to tv anyway

How was it tasteless?

By that logic there should never be deaths in movies because people have died in real life.

It would only be tasteless if he had died falling out of a window.

I don't agree with him that it was tasteless, but it was a giant fuck you to the originals. Which is fine, but don't come crying when it doesn't make back it's production budget. And don't scream because we are sexist and racist.

>but he got no motivations, not even a single line
He did have lines explaining his motivation. Did you watch the movie?

>it was a giant fuck you to the originals
In what way?

Venkman was always the skeptic. So it was fitting that Bill Murray play that kind of character in this one. Did they have to kill him? Probably not, but it doesn't really seem like a big fuck you.

He had a shitty death, it was competently pointless, and he was in 2 movies as a lead character as a ghostbuster. It's like if a new Star Wars movie had Mark Hamil getting sodomized by jawas in the first 5 minutes.

A fair argument if he was there as Peter Venkman.

But it was just a fun little cameo. I don't understand why you are so butthurt over it.

Then why does it matter if he was a skeptic, since that was his Venkman character, not Bill acting as himself? Don't know if I'm acting butthurt, just seemed like a fuck you. Ah, and also Feig's entire pr campaign was saying fuck you people who liked the original, and sony literally blackmailing Murray to appear.

What's so special about the Original?

>lets make a shitty flick for Sup Forums to be both offended by it and at the same time be able to enjoy its box office failure...these guys deserve it.

That last shot of him falling and the explosion is comedy gold, and not for any of the intended reasons. This is embarrassing.

What is it with fat people and Ghostbusters?

>movie scheduled to make back its budget this weekend
>add merchandise and blu ray sales

It's safe to say Sup Forums has been BTFO

That director is never getting another job.

>it cost 144 million dollars

Marketing costs are never included in announced budget. So tack on another 50 or so million to that.

It won't bankrupt anyone, but they're not making much of anything off of it either.

>those special effects

YAAAAASSSSSSSSSS QUEEN

>he doesn't know that all the posts saying it will make it's money back are bait

Sony wants a CINEMATIC UNIVERSE and that is never ever ever going to happen with this reboot.

It is a failure from any angle you take. They wanted a smash hit and they got, at best, the bare minimum return.

Even if they slash the budget in half and shit out a sequel next year, it will underperform.

>hefty

They spent 100 mil in promotion.

Not only will they not make money, but by the time it's all said and done, they probably would have saved about 75 million dollars by just not making the movie.

>You SUCK McFeig!

I am honestly surprised he didn't turn out to be a Gamergator

I figure Bill pulled a Harrison ford and said he'd only do it if they killed him and didn't bring him back as a ghost

So they were arrested immediately after for manslaughter right?

>haha, take that white men!
>Why isn't anyone seeing our movie? Must be SEXISM!

white privillege

I only think they caught slimer in the first movie.

Why do Sony shills pretend they've watched the original?

youtube.com/watch?v=EwKR_y93izs

Except for the montage of them catching numerous ghosts

And you know, the whole filled to the brim containment grid.

>Having to include toy merch, GB Marshmallow/ candy sales, Hi C Fruit drink sales, Popcorn sales, Ghostbuster and Blu ray sales just to make up it's own fucking budget

>Meanwhile a good movie will make up it's budget (and more) in just it's first weekend. While the merch money is just icing on the cake.

You're right bro the film is a total success Cheers!

>It's like if a new Star Wars movie had Mark Hamil getting sodomized by jawas in the first 5 minutes.
Still better than turning Luke into a coward loser in order to make ANH, the meme edition

So many fucking white males

The toys are on clearance and sell like shit.

I think the toys based on the original movie are selling pretty well. The new generation is selling like shit though

>mfw when this 3-minute clip is better than most shite outta hollywood these days

If there was a god, he'd bring back the 80's. Fuck this political correct bullshit.

pretty much these, have you seen the toys from the original movie are so much better and detailed

>That fall from the window sfx is literally youtube video tier.

LOL yes, looks like a sequence from a 90's FMV game

Can I ask you a question about women reviewers, Sup Forums?

If the femBusters toys looked more like their characters you'd have an even more boring cat lady, an even fatter cow and an even more apish black woman.

They'd sell even worse

I'm always thrown off by the ghost blowjob scene. Montage of them busting ghosts and gaining in fame, then suddenly for a few seconds they're literally being fucked by ghosts, then right back into the busting and being popular.

When i said detailed i mean this toys where made with a better quality, they don't look like some cheap piece of plastic. Usually the toys looking cheap is no problem for a blockbuster the kids would by them anyway, but here nope. When Suicide Squad get released next week they are going to own the toy market for kids

Fuck. I can't argue with that

I don't even think most of the actors want to return for a sequel (unless Sony plans on threatening to sue them like they did with Bill Murry), most of them didnt seem to have a good time.

And even if they make a sequel, what are they going to do? Zuul? Gozer? They just wasted the "choose your form" schtick on the virgin logo this movie?

I've never seen so much shitty facial hair

>I don't even think most of the actors want to return for a sequel

There won't be a sequel, not that I'd want one, however this disaster threatens the entire franchise, which means we likely won't see another Ghostbuster at all, and I would like to see a reboot in the hands of a director/writer who actually liked the original.

It's been out for three weeks and it hasn't even GROSSED more than $135 million, and again that is GROSS, the studio gets ~55% of that, the rest goes to the teatres.

With the production costing $140 million, and then adding the estimated ~$80-100 million promotion budget, this is a huge financial flop which will end up costing Sony Pictures dearly, could be as high as a $100 million loss on this movie.

How the hell it cost $140 million in production is another mystery, I mean Deadpool had a hundred times better effects and it cost $58 million to make... seriously WTF ?

thank you sony I really did need this right now.

Kek

Not to mention it is now competing with StarTrek (which people are loving) and Jason Bourne (granted the new Bourne film is not reviewing all that well)

>and at the same time be able to enjoy its box office failure.
I definitely am enjoying it. In ways that even surprises myself. I didn't realise watching something fail in slow motion can bring such joys.