Why is this board's taste so boring...

Why is this board's taste so boring? I can't even imagine listening to the same "approved" over and over again without trying to evolve my taste, not out of completing some vague "patrician" task but simply by wanting to discover something new.
How can Sup Forumstants lack any sort of curiosity?

>im so cool because i think im better

not many people actually do that, the Sup Forumscore charts are meant to be ways for nrewfags to fit in, since people will assume that you've heard Sup Forumscore

show an RYM or discogs profile or something

Then why we're seeing the same albums posted all the time with barely any variety?

Everybody who always says this only listens to Gorillaz, Nujabes, and anime OST

You sure sound extremely insecure about your taste and maybe even triggered to be making these baseless assumptions all while avoiding the issue at hand.

show an RYM or something - stop projecting

>Show me how big is your dick or something
You're everything wrong with this board in case you haven't noticed it
>stop projecting
an assumption does not always equal a projection idiot, stop using a buzzword you don't even know the meaning of

wowee, if you want recs just ask my dude

I'm not sure what you're getting at.
I might just be retarded but it seems like your essentially asking why people don't discuss music that most people haven't heard, and the answer to that seems pretty obvious

>it seems like your essentially asking why people don't discuss music that most people haven't heard
Not really. What i'm actually trying to say is that anons are boring people that lack the necessary curiosity that leads them to discovering new stuff.
They have an incredibly useful tool at their hands (internet) that enables them to find about any existing artist out there and a place to share the fruit of their research (Sup Forums), yet they still choose to be self-limiting and parrot opinions instead of forming their own when the alternative is extremely easy to do.

show an RYM or stfu

you're boring

show an RYM or stfu

The way traffic is funneled on the internet in present times leads to a system where most people see the same stuff. Stop berading people for not being able to find something good to listen to when they obviously try their damn hardest

still waiting on OP to show off his/her "research" and all the great things he/she has unearthed

If a dilettante has listened only a few times to a symphony by, for example, Beethoven, and thus has become accustomed to it, immediately he makes so bold as to claim impudently that he knows the symphony very well, and then he asks – this dilettante! – for something else, something new, always something else and new: in short he wants what is called "progress". For his sake, Beethoven, whose worth is virtually obliterated precisely by estrangement and emaciation, is put aside and one steps "forward" to something allegedly new and better; in other words, this dilettante, like a child, is given a doll, which he soon throws away only to ask for a new one.

>what is a circlejerk

Lots of newfags and also people who do explore music, but still prefer Sup Forumscore.

You're basically describing the sharethreads and what /daily/ is supposed to be. Plus of people post here excited about some music they've found. That doesnt mean that everyone else is going to go out of their way to listen to it, or like it if they do.
I also agree with .
Sure there is plenty of interesting and enjoyable music to be discovered, but most of that music is either well talked about, or there is not a solid way for a person to find it, other than wading through excessive amounts of music that the person in question probably wont enjoy as much as the stuff that made them curious in the first place.
The internet may be a useful tool but it is not exactly effective or rewarding.
>they still choose to be self-limiting and parrot opinions instead of forming their own when the alternative is extremely easy to do.
That's a pretty short sighted way of looking at it. Yes, people tend to talk about the same things, but that's generally what happens when mostly like-minded people come to talk about a single subject. While things tend to revolve around the same types of music, there are definitely wildly varying opinions on this board.

As an aside. I don't think that its unreasonable for people to ask you to show some sort of example of the results of the curiosity that you're speaking of. Being so hostile to it makes your condescension seem that much more unjust

it's not gonna happen - can't live up to this