NFL is dying

>bullshit right from start
forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2016/10/05/confirmed-nfl-losing-millions-of-tv-viewers-because-of-national-anthem-protests/

>low ratings
profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/17/early-season-ratings-decline-continues-for-nfl/

>no one wants do play it because they die
ndsuspectrum.com/football-is-dying-the-players/
nyunews.com/2016/02/10/the-nfl-is-dying-a-slow-death-much-like-its-players/

How do we fix this trash? Remove the 3 hours of ads? Force some actual play in a match?

Other urls found in this thread:

nfhs.org/ParticipationStatics/PDF/Participation Survey History Book.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i quit watching due to the anthem protests

Boxing 2.0

Why would anyonw stop watching because of the anthem protests? Just don't watch 9ers games

Glad that I was alive during the Paul Tagliabue Renaissance

trump is a real football fan aka "soccer"

the US is now a real football nation

handegg died with hillary's candidacy

So many got involved with the NFL due to the madden video games and not because they played the game as a youth.

Now that the video game sucks and people are growing up, people are moving on with their lives.

I'll forever watch the NFL. I like football.

More commercial breaks than actual playing ruins it for me.

it's kind of genius that they've successfully turned a meme protest into their scapegoat for failure. discussion of all the ex players having brain problems and their loose concussion "protocol" have disappeared.

>boreball is dead
>Football is dead
>Soccer is dead
>Hockey is irrelevant

I swear soon enough they will just air videogame gameplay like youtubers and get millions of views.

Is he even black? He looks like a Turk

Way too many penalties and play interruptions, inconsistent rule application, time outs and commercials have completely disrupted any flow or momentum in games. The NFL has just gotten to the point where it's actually painful to watch, and half of the time you're not actually watching the NFL anyway. Fuck, even the play on field has gotten to be an excuse for corporate cross-promotion. I haven't been able to stomach a game since Week 4.

None of this is exactly new and these have all been steadily increasing problems for years now, it's just that people have finally reached their tolerance threshold for this kind of crap.

This, I've seen gypsies blacker than him on my travels to the balkans

A half black raised by a white family

>Soon

League of Legends literally gets multi millions of views world wide.

every sport has fluctuating ratings because there are simply more casuals in the world than actual fans. as for youth participation, football has almost five times as many high school participants as any of the other sports COMBINED. if it's declining, then that's just a chip off a gargantuan sized block.

His pet turtle is blacker than him

So this before last weeks ratings spike then?

It's a tortoise you fucking racist shitlord.

No fun TD celebrations
Too many commercial breaks
Not enough famous players anymore

Take politics and sjw shit out of the game. Focus on your core audience aka men and quit pandering to women

gooks aren't people

And that's nothing to do in having more teams and more players per team...
One high school team's got more players than five basketball teams.

it doesn't matter, if there wasn't youth interest in football then there wouldn't be enough people to fill out the teams. but there's a first, second, third, and fourth string squad on every high school team.

They need a new commissioner. It's all about your motivation. From the start, he said specifically his goal was money. Now, as Mark Cuban said, the hog is fat and it's rightfully being slaughtered.

Hire a Jerry Rice or something. Someone with good intentions, and good things will follow. Give the players fully guaranteed contracts and/or solid pensions/healthcare like they deserve.

Stop calling pass interference because you want a certain team to win or you want the passing game to expand even more - there's nowhere else for it to go.

The whole penalties thing I actually think is fine, although they're just doing it to increase ad time because that's what post-TD time has become. Fuckbois a la Chas Johnson and Steve Smith made a fucking mockery of touchdowns do they had to stop it. CJ boasted that he was going to start incorporating live animals before they put the kibosh on that.

Stop penalizing/fining people for what detracts from jersey sales and do it by what's ethical.

That's only my two cents. Start with that kind of stuff and I'll start watching again.

Oh and get rid of this fucking monopoly on Madden god damn them. I fell for the '17 meme and haven't touched it after like 4-5 play throughs.

Good luck finding a NFLPA head that will stand up to Goodell and the owners while keeping the poor guys happy during a lockout.

let it fall into obscurity, I'll still watch... maybe a weaker talent pool would be good for game quality.

stop shilling you garbage Teddy Doucheski, if there is anyone too blame for no one watching football is this man

You're fucking delusional, as are most Pats haters

t. not even a Pats fan

>leaf
soooooooooooooooo 18-1hurt

This 100%. As this American election cycle showed, even if you get flak from the MSM, most just ignore it.

Cater to your audience NFL, not a bunch of whiny "progressives" who don't even watch the games

>arguing with meme-spouting, half retarded child

When will I learn?

>a leaf complaining aboot someone spouting memes and being retared

I honestly don't really see a reason to fix it. It's not a good product in the end.

Shit is so boring.
If the xfl happened now, I'd switch over to that

>people don't like concussions

really made you thunk huh

that's actually the best part about it, seeing some nigger who probably bullied white kids in high school get sandwiched by four 300 pound gorillas all making helmet to helmet contact and he just goes to sleep.

Honestly, I think the players have the leverage during a lockout, if they start planning for it now.

The players stand to lose ~1-2 million from a lockout. Each owner, however, stands to lose hundreds of millions. The owners have more, yes, but they're losing far more. $20 is $20. No matter how much money I've had, I'm still upset if I lose a 20 and psyched if I find one in some jeans I haven't worn in a while.

nfhs.org/ParticipationStatics/PDF/Participation Survey History Book.pdf

looks like football has about 1M, and is on a gradual decline since a peak around 2008

baseball, basketball, track and field, and soccer each have about 500k (male)

basketball looks to have very unchanging participation over the past couple decades, baseball has been and still is on a gradual rise, and soccer on a fast rise, likely to overtake baseball and basketball in the next decade

>I think the players have the leverage during a lockout

You're wrong

>if they start planning for it now.

Haha no way the majority of athletes in the NFL will do this

>No matter how much money I've had, I'm still upset if I lose a 20 and psyched if I find one in some jeans I haven't worn in a while.

That's you. The owners understand money better than you do, they understand losing a little now if it means making much more later something that's a net positive. Don't mean to be rude, but it sounds like you let your emotions control your thoughts a little too much if finding/losing a $20 is a big deal to you. It's petty, inconsequential bullshit

With a slight hint of Jesus-esque Brown Jew

There really shouldn't be so many breaks.

TD > PAT > commercial > kickoff > commercial > drive starts

Just have one break in between the PAT and kickoff but make it a little longer. The constant interruptions is what kills it, not the actual commercials overall (which we can't get rid of anyways).

The product sucks at every level. 10 million commercials, and half of them are about cancer and domestic violence. The broadcasts all suck, the announcers are garbage. Playing gives you brain damage and takes 30 years off your life. There are like 6 good QBs in the entire league and 3 of them will retire in the next five years, and Wilson and Newton are already breaking down from injuries. Speaking of injuries, all of the best players keep getting hurt and missing serious time. The players can't celebrate a touchdown, but that dimwit Kaepernick is allowed to kneel during the national anthem for some cause he can barely articulate and then he makes an ass of himself by admitting he's never voted. Are there even any likable players in the league? Who is a real star right now that can compare to the stars of yesteryear? Kuechly? Oh wait, we just saw his brain melt on live television last night. I don't care one way or the other but people don't want to turn in to this shit, especially when there is other stuff to do in 2016 besides watch sports.

those are all very effeminate reasons not to watch. you're obviously not a fan and never were.

The NFL is basically a nobody league anymore, they don't seem to have the same star power or at the very least promote it. I mean honestly, outside of Tom Brady how many true megastars in the league are there?

Characters and stars like Farve, TO, Moss, Manning, LT, Vick, etc are all gone now... honestly I don't even think guys like Newton are to the same mainstream star level as Donovan McNab.

People under 35 are caring less about the NFL and more scary for the NFL the entire "Watching the games on Sunday" mentality.

Well I do watch since I referenced the last game that was played, but what aside from everything I said, I'd say the biggest reason the NFL is losing fans is that some of the casual fans are jumping ship. That's pretty much it and it was inevitable considering how popular it has been recently.

i'm under 35 and i don't give a shit about "star power". this isn't the nba we're talking about. this is a team sport. and it isn't a reality show either.

star power is what gets viewers, it's always been the case for any sport

>Peyton Manning retires
>NFL dies

Last week ratings went way up. It's coming back you fucking Spic. Pretty soon you'll be back in Meheeco soon enough.

no that's what gets bandwagoners, and fuck them. this sport could do with a lot less. even without them the nfl would still be head and shoulders above the other american sports tv ratings.

viewers=bandwagoners

sorry if I'm redpilling you on sports

This. As a casual viewer I used to tune in for those players. This new gen is pretty shit and even guys like arod and Brees aren't must watch anymore. I'll tune in for the occasional Snf but that's pretty much it

Less comnercials

>Commercial break
>Kick return
>Commercial Break

Drives me nuts

if you think they account for all or even most of the viewers then you don't know shit about sports and shouldn't be acting like you do.

Good. I quit watching too as soon as that protest bullshit started and players weren't suspended or nixed from doing that shit again

Im only back now because I know for a fact 49ers are fucked and my actual team is doing better than expected

and also I'll add because the commercials are unbearable now

you thought the 9ers were going to play well this season?

Some nice quads you got there
>No homo

>low ratings

Unless the nfl drops the price of their streaming service, Im just gonna keep using "illegal" ones

>third and fourth string

lol you are fucking delusional, maybe in the diehard football counties of the South

They need Manziel and Tebow back.

only made it on the JV team? i grew up in new york and my school had fourth string players. they weren't a full squad but they were there.

>watching Commercialball in 2016

people have better shit to do now, thats all

the pool of people willing to watch the literal onslaught of ads in football is only going to get smaller going into the future. the sport is awesome but the presentation around is pure shit, even by MSM standards

better shit to do on a sunday afternoon? i find that hard to believe. not everyone is a college aged alcoholic.

My personal reasons

#1: the commercials, its getting insane.

#2: the refs, they all need to be fired besides Ed

#3: the new rules, they've been getting sued, thats the only reason they have changed. Goodell doesnt care about the players.

#4: these overseas games they've been having, its a matter of time untill we have the "London Lighting" fucking up every other teams sleep schedule.

#5: its still possible to play for a tie, like wtf.

Its basically been extremely pussified, and alot of these games have been decided by the refs.

Oh and its rigged, dint believe me?

Cowboys Vs Patriots
28. 10

ss that

yeah elmer, people actually do have better shit to do than sit through 3+ hours of the worst ads on television

#4: these overseas games they've been having, its a matter of time untill we have the "London Lighting" fucking up every other teams sleep schedule.

Overseas games is one of the most infuriating things I've ever seen. Betraying your own fans for the sake of money when the league is already drowning in it. Not to mention the ridicilous amount of overcommercialization that comes along with these matches.

Fans should boycott this shit until the bubble bursts and the league takes care of his real fans again.

Oh please, I'm not American, don't watch this shit and even I know it's not dying.

It's simply returning to the fans, the hardcore fans.

The sport got too big. It went from having a small highschool band playing in the halftime show to having famous musicians like Beyonce and Katy Perry doing it. That obviously attracted casuals who attracted more casuals because it became a fad. A long lasting fad, might I add.

But the core, the true fans who watched the game for the game's sake were always there, hidden in a crowd of casuals. Even with the long intervals, the interruptions and the excessive penalties, they were still there.

Scandals such as that Anthem nonsense, the Roger Goodell thing, corruption, the rules not being consistent and the fact that there's no surprises left to keep on the casuals sucked in, the sport is losing the massive wave of fake fans it had and it gives the illusion that its return to its actual fans is the sign of the sport dying.

It's taking a blow, for sure, for they won't be able to spend as much as they did due to the false fan influx bux, but other than that it'll be fine.

Will you relax already.

Not true. I live in Connecticut and we have always had Varsity starters and back ups, an entire JV team with subs, and a full freshman team with subs. I think freshman team alone is 40-50 kids. And thats pretty much all 200 high schools in Connecticut save for the small charter schools and tech schools. Like it or not, football is king at the high school level and is the driving force behind most athletic programs around the country.

this

100% agree

That cocksucker Goodell will be in charge forever though. Hopefully some big scandal happens and he has to go.

yes it is dying

Sherman?

Do you think that now Trump is president, will increase the protests or decrease?

RETARD

People who live in Flyover states have very strange logic. I don't get it either. I guess they just don't really like the sport to begin with.

football will soon become the 1st sport in America. It's already the most popular sport played in schools there because the kids don't die playing it

please explain

The logic is by exerting their financial muscle by demonstrating the loss of profits their boycotts can create will coerce the league into telling those niggers to get back in line and stop upsetting their racist sensibilities during their pro sport safe space time

Fucking coastie liberal sjws

Trump isn't President yet and by the time he is everyone will just go on living their lives

>USER HAS BEEN UPGRADED TO Sup Forums PASS MEMBER FOR THIS POST

NFL jews worship money above all else, so it makes sense they recently started rolling out military vets and broadcasting some anthems instead of just playing more commercials

It's honestly cause they promote niggers. Seriously, every game I watch with Cam Newton in it, no matter what the commentators just suck his cock and praise him. Like seriously, it'll be 4th and 1 on the goal for the other team, and they'll pan over to cam and go "wow look what a handsome guy, God I wish he'd fuck my daughter and impregnate other white women" Seriously, the players they're promoting are fucking awful. And then kaepernigger kneeling and all that bullshit with players protesting cause they literally want attention. It's fucking retarded, and the way they're taking the league is embarrassing.

true

Why does everyone care so lich about these anthem protests? It doesn't even happen during the game. Just turn on your tv 5 mins late and you'd never know it happened.

I always thought over saturation was a bigger issue, especially when the play has been shit

I want to cut off his feet for wearing those.

ALSO,
>3rd and 1
>Commercial
>Cut back to game; Timeout
>Commercial

It's like they actually don't even want you to watch anymore with this shit.

SO MUCH THIS

>baseball not the only """"""""""dying"""""""""" sport anymore
Feels good

Too many games I don't care about. I don't want to watch them. I want to see teams like Green Bay having success, not shitty teams like the Lions being in 1st place. Fix it.

As a baseball fan, don't get your panties in a bunch /nfl/. People will say your sport is dying for years to come when in reality it isn't. Infact, 90% of these threads are from 1 of 3 groups.

NBA Fans, I'd say a majority comes from basketball fans triggered their apehoop is forever in 3rd place. :^)

Followed by Soccer Fans, mainly beaners and numales who follow Soccer just because it's not one of the big ones in the US and for that reason alone they feel the need to post about their inferiority complex by spamming "Baseball and NFL is dying" threads. Oddly enough I don't think people who actually played Soccer in highschool shitpost these threads.

Finally, the third group and the least of the 90% NHL fags. Most of them accept their place as a niche sport in the US because it's popularity in Canada and Scandinavia brings their league more then enough talent to fill the sport and make it an enjoyable professional experience. That and they're too busy making memes.

Effectively, it's just a bunch of salty people mad their "sport" doesn't dominate ratings both on TV and locally.

Not to mention nearly every team in the NFL is shitty this year, with the last crop of QB talent all retiring, and less people being able to replace them. We're all quick to call rookies like Dak a meme, but for the sake of the sport hope that some of these young arms can even play on 75% of the level Brady, Manning, and Favre did.

This is how I felt about the NBA at one point. I haven't watched the NBA since Dirk beat Lebron that one year I think. Just saying.

>Soccer Fans
oh god, everytime

gotta love all that autismo by the way

Hey man, blame the British for inventing the word Soccer.

The real autism is the people making these threads saying the sports dying. People said baseball was dying since the lockout and it's still been #2 for decades.

NFL is staying as #1 just accept it man.

Don't get me wrong but you are really autistic.

Please tell me how mate?

So which sport takes over?

Basketball? Baseball?

Even 2nd rate Handegg is better than those two combined.

>all it took for the NFL to die was some second string dindu who's only claim to fame is that he was good for one season kneeling during the anthem
>not the absurd amount of commercial breaks or the pussification of the league through rule changes

Really stirs up they gray matter.

Anthems aren't even televised lel.

Americans are pussies and football is too manly for the average audience.