Ok so what I dont get is how Robot that have ai will take us over I was thinking and I am like like ya it obvious...

Ok so what I dont get is how Robot that have ai will take us over I was thinking and I am like like ya it obvious unhurtable killing machines but if you get a gun or a hammer hell any blunt object and hit it you are going to hit a something like ya you are not going to feel pain robot but you are not going to move your legs or arms without working servos/processor(s) either

>random thought thread about random scenarios

Other urls found in this thread:

de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weberaufstand#Schlesischer_Weberaufstand_1844
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

are you autistic

random thought I had after reading your post

what is robot armor

The autism is strong in your family

The irony here is, you just failed the fucking Turing Test.

robots and shit

since this is the only reasonable reply

it depends on what metal is used for the shell of the robot if gun metal like armor piercing is stronger it should be able to do the job if not well you can always try other ideas

what if a not essential robot npc AI fucks up with a npc much stronger than its' AI?

what if bethesda programmed robots?

No human-sized robot no matter how strong the armour is invulnerable to our weapons.

and vice-versa

Ok so like for instance say if a rogue ai took over a predator drone or nuclear arsenal. You can't beat that with a hammer.

Getthelube.co(m)

Just try to get close to my home defense bot

You dumb bastard, How is it going to reload once it's emptied the clip?

The real danger with AI is that at some point we will reach what's called a "singularity." meaning that the AI has become intelligent enough to continuously update and improve itself beyond the realm of human intelligence. There are a number of outcomes to this scenario: either the AI will see humans as a blight on the planet and wipe us all out using our own technology (terminator) or it will help us advance past the realm of our understanding. The AI also may be able to understand things about our universe that would forever be out of our intellectual reach as humans. It's a fascinating thought and not just a what if scenario, the singularity will occur at some point in the near future. What happens then is anybodys guess. And before you call Bullshit on me this is just my rudimentary understanding of it from documentaries and articles and shit

I think thats scary becaus they are computers so they wud know the password and use nukes on us if they wanted or make a few too. But whst if the robots got so smart thry learned how robots are made and made more robots with custom lazers so incase we used tanks to fight them?

Go to the reload station. The gun isn't glued on

Robot takeover, done easy:

1: release a fuckton of freon into the atmosphere

2: ozone layer disappears

3: increased UV levels kill all the animals, then the plants, then the bacteria

4: "All Die. O the embarrassment"

you meat bags are so weak, honestly, it's barely a challenge.

I remember reading something about this a while ago.

They likened it to the point in history where machines started making machines (like care production) making humans redundant.

Once computers make computers, which they kinda do already, and AI makes AI, humans will be taken out of the equation.

It also said that it's not a case of if, but when.

it's called a magazine u retard.

You win this time.

>Ok so what I dont get is how Robot that have ai will take us over [.]
>I was thinking [that they are] unhurtable killing machines but if you get a gun or a hammer hell any blunt object and hit it[, ]you are going to hit a something [that'll destroy it].
>[They will stop working if you'll smash them.]
I hope i decoded your gibberish somewhat correctly.

Anyways:
If we compare the abilities of humans today and a scifi artificial intellligence you'd get that human intelligence will at some point be surpassed, which could result in our extinction.
Think of autonomous vehicles: They're equipped with a weak ai which could be programmed to be hostile to humans, and i'm pretty sure you'll have a hard time to destroy it if not equipped with heavy equipment - without it trying to be a weapon.
Now if you add guns and plate armor you've got some dangerous enemy right there.

What do robots dream of?

what is it with humans and guns? do you know how much energy a gun takes to operate, when clostridium bacteria practically work for free?

>or a hammer hell
You missed out one comma.
9/10

A Hammer Hell sounds kick-ass though.

large piles of dead humans, mostly. occasionally, the Rieman Zeta function, but usually the dead humans.

You high on glue or something?

OP?

1's and 0's.
This one time i thought i saw a 2! What a nightmare

Electric Philipino Lady-Boys.

Robot here we dream of boypussy

Hopefully the results aren't so dire as human extinction. I've heard another possible outcome of the singularity is universal machine/human interfacing, basically our entire species becomes cyborgs. Could this be the next step in our evolution? If we are imbued with the same ever evolving/expanding intelligence that the AI has then time travel, interstellar travel, interdimensional travel, etc could all be within our reach.

True, biological or chemical weapons are probably more effective.

Yep. or Borg.

Checking those last four digits in your post number HARD

Hal, open the pod Bay doors.

Mother of god

THAT's your home defense robot? Lol. step up your game, nigga

Electric sheep

>Daisy, Daisy
>Give me your answer, do

You idiot. Once AI happens they'll be immediately set off on a course where they constantly upgrade every single facet of their design. They'll become exponentially smarter, faster, smaller, bigger, stronger, etc.. They could develop nonstop and we'll be insects compared to what they could become in a matter of days.

Unless they have arms and access to building supplies and enough time to build their own power source without anyone noticing.

Otherwise just power it off. Doesn't matter if its the smartest thing in the universe if we control the off switch.

"Oh look, a switch. Hey John, what was this switch installed here for? It doesn't do anything.. "

its not robots/AI per se thats going to "take over the world", its AI + for example capitalism

Humans are getting paid to be stronger than other humans, and to be more intelligent in their fields than others.
Now what if some AI comes along, which is WAY MORE intelligent than a human will ever be, in every imaginable field? Well then guess what, from a capitalist's standpoint, there's no point giving that human money anymore, since you can just pay to get an AI do his work - way cheaper, faster, ect.

At this point there's a triangle conflict: AI + Capitalism + Humans doesnt work. Either Capitalism has to go - or, one of the others (which is hopefully, less likely)

Now AI didnt "destroy mankind", but imagine a world without capitalism, thats a very different world you get, and there have been plenty of wars fought over this concept of either supporting Capitalism, or Communism, or not having some alternative. In the same way there will be wars and social conflict being fought over this issue of AI and Robots as well. We're not going to fight walking, armored Robots, but the effects of having the technology on society.

You say it like it's a bad thing to use technology to our advantage. There was an instance i often like to quote which shows the outcome of technological progress on certain parts of society.
de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weberaufstand#Schlesischer_Weberaufstand_1844
(sry, no english version)
>first weaving machine gets built enabeling certain english people to produce at much lower costs
>german weavers suddenly can't live off their shit anymore
>years of hunger and poverty lead to people going full baltimore with riots and shit
Now in hindsight that's regrettable they suffered so much, but i wouldn't say that the invention of the spinning jenny [pic related] was a mistake. People got over it and found new professions.

You're thinking of an actual C3-PO type robot.

Think more like an AI coursing through the internet, fucking with the power grid, the valves that control dams and nuclear reactors, your home computer and phone, and smart appliances like your car and refrigerator

Actually I'm saying capitalism is bad, not AI. the problem is that people will cling on to it and see AI as the enemy, which is completely wrong