Ask a gun shop manager anything

Ask a gun shop manager anything

Sunday Edition!

have you shot any niggers while they were trying to rob your store?

On a scale of 1 to minecraft: how beta/autistic is your average customer?

how many school shooters have you supplied with guns?

I am not a gun knowledgeable person, never been over to /k/ but I am thinking of getting a gun, just in case. I'd like something reasonable, that can be for home defense and eventually concealed carry if the need arises one day. I'm a short dude, so nothing too big.

What would you recommend that I look at?

I've never fired a gun before and I want to go to a shooting range for fun. What sort of basic gun safety training will I have to get before they start letting me shoot? Can I just show up with no gun experience, ask to rent one and they will show me the basics or do I have to pay a bunch of money to take some course first?

I always wanted an real and dirty AK47 just to put on the wall of my office, how much it will cost me ? (to unarmed it also cause I am french and assault weapons are straight illegal)

What sort of checks do you have to do if someone wants to buy a gun? Is it a simple licence check or is there more?

how does it feel to be technically a murderer? i hate you

What gun would you recommend to someone who wants to keep it in their nightstand drawer (not carry it around or whatever). Note: also must look cool and make me feel cool for having it (despite the fact that I am not actually cool). Have a good job so doesn't have to be some cheap shit.

No

Rarely do I get the Cawadoody cringe folk in. There have been a few kids that have come in with their parents and point out the guns they saw in a video game, but you cant blame a little kid for that.

Now we do get some of the young rich spoiled guys that bicker that we have "nothing high end" (which i do) and chuckle saying dumb shit like "my dad has more ammo at home than you do in the whole store" then proceed to want to check out "poor people guns". These are the biggest cringe artists I get.

None to my knowledge.

Ever been accosted by a vegetarian asking the same question?

Feels just like that.

Not OP, but how? Genuinely interested in your response and mindset.

I need your shoe on top of a gun to prove you real.

there's truth in those lels

Viral video of thtrainer shooting accidentally this week.... your take on this?

ever shot a nigger?

I'm assuming you've turned down sales for non-NICS failures. What's the strangest reason you've ever declined a sale?

Got a KSG in stock?

just show up no class needed

I've had a Sig P320 9mm compact for a little over a year. When it recently got picked up by the DOD as a service weapon it seems like it's a meme gun all the sudden. Is the resale market hot for the P320?

how much $$$ in inventory do you manage every delivery?

Curios because I've been told that 15-30K in shipments average that you have to purchase from the manufacture minimum unless you want to go through a third party distributor.

How'd you get into that business?

I would go for a Beretta 92. It works, it looks good
and it uses a common cartridge. It is relatively big though, so if you have small hands that could be an issue

ANSWER THIS 1 OP

A medium sized pistol such as a Glock 19 will work well. Its inexpensive, reliable, easily customized, and cheap to shoot.

For home defense you can add night sights and a light. You might as well up the capacity with a 33 round mag or at least add a +5 extension to your existing 15 round magazine.

Other good potions would be an M&P9C or and SR9C. Plenty of others to choose from but those are good and inexpensive.

Personally owned all 3 before.

Most ranges do not have prerequisites for shooting other than filling out a range rules form. There are plenty of gun safety videos on youtube and many large indoor ranges offer gun safety classes for a low price. I always recommenced classes to new shooters that way you can spend time with an expert that can notice and correct small mistakes you otherwise wouldn't notice. This includes proper shooting techniques.

Most of these indoor ranges have rentals available, but call in beforehand to see their class policies. If some place tries to make you feel stupid for not knowing much go elsewhere.

You can get a beat up WASR-10 in the US for about $550 used.

Give me your ID, I copy it, you fill out a transaction form that includes all of your info on it, answer some yes/no background history and citizenship questions, I put it into an automated system, and if you are cleared you can take your gun home.

Google ATF 4473 Form

Why are you such a faggot, brooks?

Not OP, but when I worked in a gun store just outside of Chicago we denied a major anti-gun legislator named Kelly Cassidy. She pitched a fit talking about how it was discrimination and how we were only denying her because she was gay but shut up right quick when she found out I lived in her district.

Best pistol options for lefties?

>A medium sized pistol such as a Glock 19 will work well. Its inexpensive, reliable, easily customized, and cheap to shoot.

That might be too big for me for CC.

The ruger looks like it might be the right size. I'll have to go check them out.

Is there a smaller gun in general that you recommend to people looking for something relatively light and easy to carry while still being reliable?

Thanks for the answer BTW

Same as for righties: whatever pistol you're most comfortable with and thus most likely to regularly shoot and carry.

When customer approach you, can you do the resident evil 4 merchant impression?

That's fucking awesome! I'm literally laughing at the irony of a gun control nut trying to buy a fucking gun and getting denied.

>Kelly Cassidy
>Anti-gun
>educates Americans on how we dont need guns and the constitution doesnt give us the right to have them
>tries to buy a gun for self-protection
hilarious

how much rent do you pay, are there any additional fees related to running a gun store?

what state are you in? can you sell a gun to someone with an out of state ID?

I think he only does the Diablo 2

"What can I do for ya!"

m&p shield it comes in 9mm and .40. its a small single stack and its pretty great

In case of stupid person: ''Stay a while and listen.''

The 19 isn't a bad conceal piece, but if you think it's too big, go down a size to the G26. Smaller frame, same ammo, and accepts all the larger capacity 9mm mags that Glock offers.

Fun fact: she came in looking for a Korth.

But im not so I guess I don't feel anything.

I'll second the Beretta 92. Might as well go large and heavier for more capacity and even less recoil. If there is no need to conceal it, the only size concern should be how well it fits your hand.

For a home defense pistol, I recommend something with a rail and sights that can be replaced with tritium night sights.

Beretta 92A1 (M9 and standard 92s cannot accept night sights unless modified)
Glock 17
M&P9
VP9
P30
CZ75
FNS-9
FNX-9

Basically find a pistol that is full size, fits your hand well, and has a rail to add a light.

The guy was hardly an instructor and should not have done those demonstrations with a loaded firearm. The guy even went as afar as showing an improper grip technique for revolvers.

Thumbs crossed on revolvers, thumbs stacked toward the non dominant side for semis

KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOURE READY TO SHOOT. This ass clown needs to go back to a gun safety class and has no business instructing anyone.

Never shot anyone.

I guess what I meant is what are the best ambidextrous pistols. I've fired a 1911, but it's not lefty friendly at all.

>Korth
>Nazi pistol
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

She wanted to shoot some niggas "in self defense" with the full glory of the fuhrer behind her. Typical demoncraps.

>be me
>be 19
>live in UT
>The state lowered the concealed weapon permit age to 18
>want to get a gun

what should I get, and how much would it cost?

Smelled of weed (MJ is illegal federally, the check is on a federal level)
Smelled of booze
Obviously on some other mind altering substance
Shady behavior
Pushing for warranties to cover stolen guns
Straw purchasing

I refused to sell a blank gun to a guy before. He kept asking shit like "what if I dont like the way it shoots, can I return it?" "I don't need to show you my ID to buy this, right?"
What do you mean don't like the way it shoots? Its a non-recoiling noise maker. The guy was over all acting shady. He was likely looking to rob someone then sell the gun back.

She ended up filling out a 4473 for a Nighthawk before we denied her. I think she had just wanted the most expensive steel frame she could have.

>Still have to be 21 to buy handgun under federal law

>Vortex Diatron Blaster
>8 disc magazine
>Shoots Discs instead of darts
>more FPS
>can decapitate people
>relatively easy concealment
>ammo isnt hard to find
you can get it for around 40 bucks

AND you made her do the paperwork before denial! You are a god among men.

How do domestic violence reports get handled through the system?

I heard of a reporter being denied for a domestic violence order or something that happened to him in the past, but the sales clerk denied him because of his history of domestic violence.

How does this work?

How's a Glock 19 as a first gun? And what's your opinion on M9a3s?

No, shotguns dont move like they used to. Even stuff like the KSG. I did have a guy order a DP-12 but that about it for those bullpup shotguns. No one else has even humored ordering one from me.

Plenty of market now. It is a bit of a meme gun since everyone likes to bandwagon what the military uses, even though they dont realize military grade just mean the lowest bidder that works. I can't even order one due to the popularity so if you throw it on armslist for a decent price, you'll get contacted within an hour for an offer.

Some companies such as Benelli or Kimber require you spend ~$30K on your initial order before you can ask to order one firearm here and there. For the most part, I go through distributors. I maybe buy 2-5K on guns each week except for bulk shipments of staple items such as Glocks.

Found a local shop I didn't know existed, am acquaintance of mine was moving and changing jobs, put in a good word for me, I quit my old job and started working there as a scrub and worked my way up to running the place.

hilarious
this faggots not (me )

has anybody rekt themselves inside your store/shooting range?

thanks for the reply

follow-up question

are you strictly a gun shop or gun AND pawn? what are the drawbacks to being "AND pawn"? Cops in your business/government in your business non stop at the local level instead of the BATF?

I CC a full size Beretta 92. A good belt and a good holster make a world of difference. the G19 is one of the most carried guns in the US. Hit up your local shop, ask to see their most comfortable holster and a G19 and just try it out.

The SR9C is the size of a Glock 26 but offers the pinky extension and a full size 17 round magazine which is nice for home defense. If you want a safety switch, get the Ruger. Otherwise, they are both just as thick as eachother.

What size, caliber, and capacity are you looking for?

Because im a giant homo plz rape my face

I would If I knew they were a fan. The Samurai Edge is my next project gun and I own a Mauser C96 because of RE4.

About 3K a month for rent. Just utilities and of course overhead.

sheeeeeeeeeeit nyugga.

Sell chiappa rhinos?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

OP, do you do gunsmithing also, or have a gunsmith on staff? I've always thought opening a gunshop didn't make sense if I weren't going to offer smithing services too, but I figure 90% of that will always be mounting scopes for fudds.

Glad to see a thread like this doesn't have to be posted on /k/ and can survive Sup Forums with minimal liberals shitting the place up.

How is it someone with suicidal thought and suicide history in their family like Ronda Rousey was allowed to get a conceal? No mental background checks?

Gun rednecks fucking suck dick
Banjo rednecks are cool as fuck
Be a fucking man and get drunk on your porch and play bluegrass

Because obviously there is no reason for her to not have a gun, since she hasn't committed suicide or killed anyone illegally.

"Mental background checks" aren't even a thing. Ever bought anti-freeze, a steak knife or an automobile? All are available to suicidal people, intendant murders and normal people without any checks, since there is literally no reason you should have to be investigated to own a tool.

See and Also small guns like the M&P Shield, Glock 43, Glock 42, and all steel Khar pistols are a fine choice.

Domestic violence federally prohibits you from possessing firearms or ammo. If its on your record, NICS will issue you a denial. If you answer "yes" to that on your 4473 form, your dealer will stop the sale since there is no reason to continue as you will fail the check. Denied forms are investigated upon inspection and it is a felony to lie on the form which will catch up to you once the ATF sees it.

Its a good gun over all.
Never handled one of the A3s but have handled the Vertec Berettas which have the same grip. Over all the same great quality with extra features and fits those with smaller hands.

A dedicated gun shop

I don't have a range but once we do, its eventually going to happen.

Ive ordered them for customers but I don't regularly stock them

I do most of the gun smithing. Most of it is minor stuff. Only every few months do I have any major work to do. It mostly consists of sight installation, upgrades for common guns such as SR9s, M&Ps, Glocks, Glocks, more Glocks. Just don't bite off more than you can chew.

If you admitted yourself, you're not prohibited. If you were sent by a judge or other lawful authority, it will be on your record.

Leave my girl alone.

Im not a fan of Fudds myself

only from a dealer. private sales are free game.

What pistol should I get when I'm 21

What is your intended use? Not every pistol is good for every use.

What concealed carry pistol would you recommend for guys with small hands ? (i share some genes with Trump)

M&P Shield
Glock 43
Glock 42
Honor Guard
S&W 442 or 642
Ruger SP101
Ruger SR9C
S&W M&P9C
Kahr K9
Ruger LCP
S&W Bodyguard .380 Auto or .38 Special

Hit up your local shop, get a feel for some and go with what fits your hand best and what you feel you could easily shoot and carry. Avoid budget brands such as Cobra and taurus.

Shooting niggers

I have no experience with guns, no licensing, no training, nothing. How difficult is it for me to buy a gun?

Show ID, Fill out a 4473 transaction form, Clear your background check, go home with your gun.

Your state may or may not have addition restrictions or prerequisites

Tell me the best niggerblaster

How long does the process take and I'm assuming the background check is done with the local police department?

I was told that for home protection a shotgun is best because you really don't need even decent aim. Confirm/deny?

no

Its done on a state and federal level. The check can take anyone from a few seconds to 10 minutes to clear. All depends on your history and name similarity to others. Put you SSN down to help avoid confusion between you and someone else.

Useless hillbilly

Oh, so it's like a credit check at a bank and you can do it right there in the store?

Deny. At those short distances, the pellets do not spread but a couple inches. Al though you get a grouping with a single trigger pull (if using shot and not a slug), you still need to aim.

Shotguns have...
More recoil = slower follow up shots
they have low capacity
are long and poor maneuverability compared to pistols or shorter rifles.

Not to say they are bad or don't work, but there are better options out there. You always need to aim. There is no excuse out of aiming.

Its criminal background history and warrant check. You need to have the intent to purchase a firearm in order to fill out the form. By willingly attempting to acquire a firearm, you may be violating the law if prohibited.

Look up the 4473 form. If you would answer "Yes" to Questions 11b -11i, you are prohibited. If you should answer yes but answer no, you will be denied and investigated upon ATF audit and likely hit for felony charges for lying on the form and a prohibited person attempting to acqitre a firearm.

Its like using a blood drive to get tested, but worse. If you have background history concerns, hit up your local PD for a background check to see if you can legally own a firearm, this way if you are prohibited, you wont get into more legal trouble by attempting to get a firearm.

Too bad I always live in the burbs and none of my family is from the south, kys

greeting op i am also a gun shop manager. hope the day is treating you well and you have no multiple forms to fill out

I want to get a revolver just because i want one. Personally i think revolvers are an outdated technology that really serve no purpose except to have something to feel like John Wayne on the range. However i also am a sucker for tactical stuff, i am part of the problem of why "tactical" things are more expensive than regular things even though tactical really doesnt mean anything.

So, tell me what is a good price for a Smith and Wesson R8 and ro TRR8?

So yes or no, the check is done in store?

Considering buying a Savage 320 Security 12 gauge pump action. Your thoughts op? Mostly for just range practice and home defense.

how much is that faux ivory handled 45?

and the 38 next to it.

The store has to call the FBI and the check is preformed over the phone.

its easier to use the nics website

I'd recommend you look at /k/

k doesnt have gfur though

Im off today. Probably get to fill out 2 MSRs a week though

The check is done in store. Dont attempt a check just to see if you can legally own a gun though.

Ive sold plenty. They work well but arent a high end shotgun. Get the one with the ghost ring sights if anything,

make, model?

I use the NICS E-Check.

Have you ever refused to sell to anyone? If so, why?

yeah when the website is actually working

Wasn't looking for a high end one, I usually shoot my dad's Mossberg

hawk 981 is a better choice. it uses any rem 870 part so easy to tac out plus cheap under 300

Suspected straw purchase
Smells of weed, booze
over all sketchy behavior
pushing for info for warranties covering theft.

sad but true

decent for a budget gun that has some okay aftermarket support. go for it.

ive tossed a lot out. 70% nig 20% fudd 10% people who irritate me

the ones in the fucking picture...
the white handled 45.
is that a stock photo or some google shit or is it your shop?
never mind.

pulled from google, stop being butthurt

what are the annoying folk doing so much to force you to kick them out?

I had one guy want to see everything in the shop only to half-assed rant that X and Y shop have the same gun for less when they sell them for more, the same price, or don't carry them at all.

>Dont attempt a check just to see if you can legally own a gun though.
why