Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4dsa-44VjQs
youtube.com/watch?v=9_peSCECc4I
youtube.com/watch?v=tnDhZ5VPUNA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=4dsa-44VjQs

no. were the ones who got whacked

Was it a sundae?

Yes there's no debating it, Tony Soprano was assassinated after botching Phil's assassination

With Tony and Phil dead, New York and New Jersey could start over with a clean slate after all the bullshit conflict Tony's crew and Phil's crew created between the two families

Yeah, heart attack in 2013. Christopher predicted it.

youtube.com/watch?v=9_peSCECc4I

AH FUR CHRISTS SAKE

JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I WAS OUT

He didn't die m8, Tony ended on top. He won

No he married Dr. Melphi.

No he's dead, he and New York killed off most of his inner circle and no one was left to protest when the talks of whacking him when conducted, he died with only his family and Paulie being offended by the murder

He was great as niggersonic teenage warhead in Deadpool

it's a silo

look like a puerto rican whooa, make me sick

i don't give a fuck what it is

phil pls stahp

He lived because he was a lucky bastard. All throughout the show he had luck on his side, his cousin Tony getting locked up instead of him, surviving gun shots, car crashes, people that were a threat to him died, the last one being Christopher. The scene in Vegas when he was high as a kite on peyote after chris died proves his luck. The end wasn't Tony dying, it was the whole show that "died" and us having to let go of it, which was a main theme of the show, letting go of things.

Third times the charm, I bet you don't even hear it when it happens, and Tony always checking in front of him but the presumed attacker came from behind which is something Tony wouldn't see coming. The last episode is full of implications cant say for sure hes dead or alive but the signs point towards dead and that's a better ending for the show at least that's how I see it.

No Tony died

They didn't kill his entire inner circle except for Paulie for no reason, it established that Tony's days were numbered, and that guy in the members only jacket whacked Tony because he offended New York, again, and he needed to be eliminated so the two crime families could start over because Tony wasn't going to be fit to do the job

In addendum Tony has a scene Meadow saying that you don't know when you will get another chance to have a private moment like that. Its the last time meadow is with her father before she shows up at the restaurant where when she opens the door show cuts to black. It also took her three tries to get the parallel parking right. Pottery.

that's exactly what they want you to think. idk, him dying is too obvious. i think they don't show his death for a reason, because he didn't die.

It just doesn't make sense for Tony to live after all that's happened i the show, the Soprano family started their slow decline when Tony killed Ralph, their decline sped up when Vito was found out to be gay, and the logical conclusion by the end of the show with everything that went on was for Tony to die and the New Jersey family to start over with New York

Since we were mostly watching the story from Tony's POV, it does make sense for the screen to go black after he took one to the head

They don't show it because there's no way to portray that well other than a cut to black. If you notice that whole scene is in first person. You can assume when tony looks up to see Meadow coming in that hes dead since it cuts to black. Cant be a first person if you're dead.

I don't know about you, but that scene had absolutely perfect levels of tension. It was masterful and one of the best series endings ever.

The fact that we're talking about it right now demonstrates how good it is.

THEY PULL ME BACK IN

Indeed it is better than most horror movies really.

>tfw you've watched the show so many times that you know exactly what scene this is and can hear him say 'sacre bleu where is me mama' in that voice

truly the GOAT

Yes, the vipers got him.

>2000+16
>there are STILL people who unironically think he died
jesus fucking christ

anyone got the gif of him laughing while silvio beats the hooker

he did die moron

why does the show randomly cut to black for the ending?

because that's how you would die in real life from a shot to the head, instant darkness. it's not even up for debate, tony died.

The acting was just so natural, at times you'd think you were just watching real life. Why was the show so damn masterful? Was it James Gandolfini? You'd really believe he was a mob boss. Other actors were also great.

Also, would you a Carmella?

i think he had a spiritual awakening in this scene and was fine with getting killed. he probably knew that guy was going to kill him and just let it happen

HOLY COW

LOOK AT ALL THOSE FUCKING INDIANS

what's your theory?

curious what your guys' opinions are on this scene.

Was it an empty, drug-induced epiphany? Or did he actual have some sort of realization?

Interesting how the sunlight looks a lot like the beacon he saw while in a coma at the end of "Join the Club"

*throws up*

>Why was the show so damn masterful?

Because you were 10 years old when you watched it with your parents in what you now think of as "happier days", and now you have a permanent emotional link to it.

Like 99% of Sup Forums does.

Nope that's the scene where he basically contemplates killing paulie since he knows hes the one that told the fat joke.

he doesn't die

the last scene is about how he's going to live the rest of his life, never sure of the security of his life

Paulie was in the right to tell Johnny sac that. The only problem is Johnny turned into a crying bitch and a rat and lost his credibility. It made paulie look worse.

Why are you projecting so much? I watched The Sopranos for the first time last year when I was 28. Joke's on you.

What is the point of that? You think that's what Chase spent 70 hours saying about this character, he'll eat fast food and be paranoid, same as episode one?

Nope

>Bobby tells Tony that you never see it coming and it all fades to black
>First episode of the sixth season called Members Only has Eugene kill someone while wearing a Members Only jacket
>Silvio is shot by a guy in the same jacket
>Final scene shows someone walking into the diner in a Members Only jacket
>The camera pans to him entering the bathroom which signifies his importance
>As Tony looks up to see Meadow, the assassin is behind Tony and shoots him before his brain can comprehend anything

The clues are all there

nice rebuttal

Fuck Paulie, he should have known how Johnny Sack would take it. There's a scene in S2 where they crack a joke about Ginny and Johnny Sack walks in right after and they all shut the fuck up.

Exactly

There is no arc

That's life

I really worried tony was gonna kill paulie in that episode

>I watched The Sopranos for the first time last year when I was 28. Joke's on you.

>being that out of touch
>bragging about it

He had every right to kill him.

is this what this scene hints at? that in the end tony has no arc because he's a normal person just like everyone else?

youtube.com/watch?v=tnDhZ5VPUNA

When is the last time there hasn't been a boring sopranos thread?

k

fuck yourself

>tfw your nephew never had the makings of a varsity athlete

Any reason why his character was made from a real powerful final boss that would have you wacked on season 1, to just Tony's old uncle that was once a boss but now nobody considers a threat?

Was it the pussy eating? The dementia setting in?

You know who had an arc?

Noah

He was never a real powerful boss he was made to be the guy that took on the heat.

forgot how damn comfy this show is

If dubs Tony Soprano is dead forever and we can finally end this worthless debate...if not we just keep having it because I will never admit he's alive.....

...although I do love Sopranos threads and I know in my heart Sopranos is the best television show of all time and James Gandolfini's performance is the best I have ever seen.

He's dead hopefully.

h-he isn't dead. he lives on after defeating his enemies