I do not understand the appeal of the type of comedy that is in superhero movies like the avengers Deadpool Ant-man and...

I do not understand the appeal of the type of comedy that is in superhero movies like the avengers Deadpool Ant-man and Guardians of the galaxy. To me it comes off as repetitive lazy pandering and condescending especially the one liners. I personally like my superhero films to be serious but I think comedy does work in these films when it comes from a very ernest place and only done when it is appropriate instead of being done the whole movie with the actors trying to hard to be funny. And how come all of a sudden people are hating on the ones that try to be dark complex and thought provoking?

Good thread

Inb4 le buzzword mental disorder post here

Comedy is dead.

>I personally like my superhero films to be serious

Show me a superhero movie that tries to be dark complex and thought provoking.

Why not?

If you're referring to BvS as dark and thought provoking, it wasn't so much the lack of comedy but lack of proper story telling and over-dramatization without attachment to the heros. Deadpool told its story in a very refreshing pace and audiences ate up the jokes because it's fucking deadpool.

Batman 1989

Batman returns

Captain america winter soldier

Captain america civil war

Man of steel

X-Men: Apocalypse

The incredible hulk 2008

batman v superman dawn of justice

the dark knight trilogy

Watchmen

Hulk 2003

>watchmen
>complex thought

>And how come all of a sudden people are hating on the ones that try to be dark complex and thought provoking?

You DC people are horrible at being subtle.

>this is what plebs actually think is dark and thought providing film

Any thought provoking going on in the Watchmen movie is due to Alan Moore, who wanted nothing to do with the movie version of Watchmen.

Zach Snyder actually made Watchmen LESS thought provoking by making the characters have superhuman fighting skills and strength, so that fight scenes would be more like video game fighting.

on one, western society is degrading, tasteless trite like deadpool and else like it wouldve been considered literal shit 100 years ago.

on the other hand, you are a massive pseud, likely an underage snowflake as well, for expecting anything else out of a movie where grown men dress in halloween costumes. youre also part of cultural degradation, i.e. having such low standards and no middle ground that your idea of a complex movie can come out of a capeshit one.

I personally was very attached to the heroes and I like the way the story was told it did not spell every thing out it gave the audience credit to be able to pay close attention and understand it.

He legitimately has no actual answer. Hes just shitposting. Theres nothing wrong for wanting a more serious take on superheroes. Hell, the comics and animated series do it, why not the movies?

>Batman 1989
Haha, I'm crazy, lets kill people with deodorant and hair spray!

>Batman returns
Oh look cats! Muh parents abandoned me, time to shoot fireworks off of flightless birds!

>Captain america winter soldier
Look, a glowing cube! Pew Pew Pew!

>Captain america civil war
Powers are bad! Except when governments have them!

>Man of steel
Muh people blew up their planet! Lets start over by killing another!

>X-Men: Apocalypse
Fucking normies! REEEEEEE

>The incredible hulk 2008
Radiation is cool, just try it dude. Oops, lets try drugs instead....OOPS!

>batman v superman dawn of justice
Dude you're too strong, I don't like that. Oh look, a big mutant guy!

>the dark knight trilogy
This city has a lot of crime, lets make everyone kill each other/Lets make everyone kill each other/Lets just blow it the fuck up.

>Watchmen
Lets frame a good guy so everyone will stop fighting!

>Hulk 2003
I don't like your boyfriend, he gets mad a lot!

>MUHHHH QUIIIIIIIPS

WHEN I SAY DEADPOOL YOU SAY MEMES

DEADPOOL

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMES

THIS MOVIE IS MEME INCARNATE

THIS MOVIE IS REDDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHEN I WAS AT THE CINEMA, I COULDN'T STOP SCREAMING "THIS IS REDDIT! THIS IS MEMES!"

I FUCKING HATED IT

I WAS WRITHING AROUND ON THE FLOOR IN FRONT OF MY CHAIR THE WHOLE MOVIE. IT WAS SO PAINFUL.

I TOOK MY WIFE'S SON TO SEE IT, BUT I WASN'T EXPECTING THIS GARBAGE.

MEMES

CHIMICHANGAS

THIS MOVIE IS MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMES

my god, americans are such uncultured slobs. you fat fucks cannot even be bothered to research higher art to look cultured, instead you want it both ways and be cultured whilst watching childrens movies. disgusting

Compared to other superhero films yes but there are other types of films that are much darker and thought providing for sure.

see

I meant complex for a superhero movie and I am not an underage snowflake I am 25

We really need to start euthanizing capefags.

Have you not heard of suspension of disbelief?

>just turn off your brain bro

>complex "for" a superhero movie

thats what i meant. no such thing. no grey area. superhero movies are for children and its top fedora tier to imply they are ever complex.

i hate people with a passion that think boring, broody, and reddit dark aesthetic :( means complex. no, it means boring. a bad superhero movie is one that doesnt know what it is, i.e the dark knight, batman v. superman, man of steel, other mopey "lawl so mature" nauseating garbage

>Batman returns
>not a straight up comedy

>The incredible hulk 2008
>anything other than a pure action film

>Hulk 2003
>gamma poodles

I am into all forms of art and I am canadian plus what is wrong with having it both ways? and the movies are for children and adults.

Boring is a term that is thrown around too haphazardly.

I agree about Guardians, but I thought Deadpool did it well.

>All that nitpicking

I don't understand. Because you can make up a silly quote to explain the plot of the movie, that means it isn't serious or complex? You could do that with any movie ever made. I don't see how it proves anything

I don't see your point. Fact is Watchmen is more tought provoking and complex than the average capeshit, regardless of the dumbing down and who was the responsible for the complexity.

Why not?