Anybody ever had a job at Whole Foods before?

Anybody ever had a job at Whole Foods before?

What questions did they ask you during the interview?

They ask you about food shit.

They basically just ask you if you're cool being Monsanto's bitch.

they ask where you have volunteered and how many hours your volunteer per week.

they ask where you usually shop and what sorts of meals you make at home

they ask what social causes you support

I've heard this. I've heard they ask you things along the line of "What is your favorite food to cook with and why" and shit like that

There are no proven health benefits of "organic" foods.

Ramen noodles, because they are cheap.

Depends on the department, but they will definitely ask you about your opinions on the company itself. Know the history of Whole Foods, what it does in the world and what it stands for. They'll ask you why you choose to apply at whole foods. Say something besides "I saw the ad"

It's just a cashier position. I'm gathering information about the company, but I'm not sure what will be important for the interview or not.

>what it does in the world
It sells very overpriced food that is essentially no different than much cheaper foods.

When I say "what it does" I'm talking about things like the Whole Planet Foundation, that shit where we feed poor kids in america that's name I forgot... Your costumer service experience is gonna be a big one, but if you don't have any, I don't see any reason you still can't get it, as long as you are a human and shit.

I have a lot of retail experience, mostly in clothing and technology, so food is going to be new to me. But I feel like I'll do fine.

I'm just trying to gather more information so that can do well in the interview

Yup. Except our meat and seafood is a lot better quality, and our cheese people are better trained (Except for maybe a trader Joe's, them niggas know they shit) but you are correct, the produce, groceries and most other things are way over priced. Also any prepared foods department is bound to be a rip off, since that is slowly more and more prepackaged.

Coming to Sup Forums was the right decision.

Fuck their foundation. Fuck any company that asks for donations when you're at checkout. They are trying to guilt trip you into giving them money that they donate for a tax write off. That's YOUR tax write off. Donate directly to charities you choose, and get a receipt. Don't be a fucking chump.

From what I remember, the questions were mostly along the lines of "What do you like about Whole Foods market" "What do you know about our activities outside of the store" things like that. There was definitely questions about what you cook at home and what sort of food you buy when you get groceries.

I'd say be prepared and positive and you should be good.

Figured it wouldn't hurt

Appreciate the advice.

Unfortunately, I really don't cook much besides the basics, so I might have to find some random throw away meals to lie about during the interview

If you're gonna make shit up, use weird substitutions that make your dishes unique and interesting.

"when I make quesadillas, I use olive oil" "mac n cheese, but will olive oil" "I put minced garlic and pinon nuts in my hamburger patties"

"KALE OVER EVERYTHING"

I like kale, but that other shit is hipster faggotry

Hahaha okay.

They hired me at 12 an hour to wash dishes, and now, only two years in, i'm at nearly double my states minimum wage... AND they give me a shit load of money every year for medical expenses, AND the coffee in the break room is the tits, AND they paid for my premium work shoes, AND I get a dickload back in taxes every year, AND I get 20% off, AND if I forget my wallet, my store has a lunch card I can charge to and pay back later... and a shit load of tiny things that make it the best job I've ever had.

So I don't really give a fuck what you think about WF... working for em is chief as fuck.

I've worked there the past 5 years.

Is it a phone prescreen or an actual interview?

In person interview.

I'm worried I might get a group interview because initially they wanted to do a phone interview and I told them I prefer an in person interview.

If it turns out to be a group interview I'm just going to walk out. I hate group interviews

>AND they give me a shit load of money every year for medical expenses,
$1,800 max to your PWA/HSA to help offset the $3,600 medical deductible isn't a SHITLOAD OF MONEY.
I'm calling bullshit on you. What's your TMID?

Depends on which region you're in, but most stores rarely do group interviews.

They'll ask you some Customer Service questions, about your previous experience, what if anything do you know about the company, your availability and maybe a couple odd questions like what is Organic or what's your favorite dish.

Unless you're a fucking retard, you should be able to nail a job there. Actually, I've hired retards, so not even that.

I used to work at one, my interview lasted like 5 minutes just basic questions, but i was a dishwasher

> but most stores rarely do group interviews
I hope that's true!

I'm really not worried about the interview beyond that. I have a bunch of retail experience in every department and even have bit of manager experience.

Any additional information that's good to know apart from the basics (knowing about the company, what they do, etc.)?

Shut up hipster faggot. Kale is openly gay and hipster.

WFbro here.

Yes. Also we' try to figure out if you're a psychopath and whether you'll actually show up to your shifts.

False

Saying no isn't hard. If you don't like being asked a simple Yes or No question, shop somewhere else. Retard.

Honestly questions will vary by how involved the TL/ATL interviewing you is and how desperate you are. We pretty much always need Dishwashers and Maintenance so the bar is pretty low for those. I used to be a Front End TL, so as long as you know how to talk, appear somewhat responsible and friendly, you'll be fine. Cashiering and bagging is easy as fuck, I've trained actual retards on how to do it.

>how desperate they are**

>happiness in slavery
good goy

>AND they give me a shit load of money every year for medical expenses
$1,800 a year when the medical deductible is $3,500 isn't a lot of money. Neither is 2x minimum wage.

>AND the coffee in the break room is the tits
That's not even standard in all of the stores. I also can't stand Allegro.

>AND they paid for my premium work shoes
They probably don't cover all of the cost for your SR shoes.

Source: have been working across a couple regions over the last couple years.

But I liked kale before it was cool! Seriously. My mom made it when I was a kid 20+ years ago. Love that stuff cooked up then served with a little cider vinegar. She used to put it in vegetable soup too.

>shop somewhere else
I do. Aldi and Market Basket.

K then.

Explain the relationship between Monsanto and Whole Foods.

>Anybody ever had a job at Whole Foods before?
Yes, I worked in seafood.

>What questions did they ask you during the interview?
I don't really remember, but that's bullshit anyway.

What you need to do to prep yourself for any interview is to keep telling yourself the following:

"I don't give a shit about this interview and I don't care if I land this job. I am just here to meet people and, like usual, act like a decent human being." This is the most important thing, just keep te

In addition, you should be able to talk about any previous jobs and what did there. Try to remember any specific things that you did to make things better all around.

Whole foods is not a cult. don't buy into these people who want you to do hardcore research on the company and its various "charitable foundations". That shit don't matter to them or to you. What does matter is that you are a decent human being who will be nice to customers and co-workers, and intelligent enough to learn about some specialty information that depends on the department you work in.

For the interview, show up in 'business casual' which may differ by regions of the country. -west coast is more casual than midwest or east coast.

But, most of all, remember...

"I don't need this job. I'm just on this interview to make friends and meet people."

>Trying to figure out if you're a psychopath

Well your company failed when you hired Juliette.

There really isn't one?

Whole Foods sells GMO products, some I'm sure are related to Monsanto, because GMO is so prevalent in a ton of crops in the US. With that said, we're pushing for full transparency within the next couple of years by putting a lable on products if they contain GMO.

>Whole foods is not a cult. don't buy into these people who want you to do hardcore research on the company and its various "charitable foundations". That shit don't matter to them or to you. What does matter is that you are a decent human being who will be nice to customers and co-workers, and intelligent enough to learn about some specialty information that depends on the department you work in.
This. It's just a grocery store at the end of the day. I want someone who can do the job, interact well with people and actually be here on time. It's not rocket science, just don't be a dick and do your fucking job.

>Juliette
Who?

PREACH

If two vegans are arguing, is it still called Beef?

Why would Whole Foods lobby along side Monsanto to fuck up GMO labeling?

They don't. Got some proof?

>"I don't need this job. I'm just on this interview to make friends and meet people."
That's a different perspective to have. I'm not too nervous about the interview, as I've done a bunch before. I moreso just worried I'll be "found out" that I know next to nothing about food and cooking apart from the basics, but as a cashier I don't think expect a terrible amount from you, apart from being able to ring people up efficiently, be polite and don't let your till come up short.

>Why would Whole Foods lobby along side Monsanto to fuck up GMO labeling?

Sorry, bro, I left whole foods years ago (I did work there for 3 years which is much longer than most.) Anyway I worked there before the monsanto gmo labelling thing got to be an issue. Back then, Whole foods was pushing for the USDA "organic" label and standards. Seemed like they were pushing for the more stringent standards at the time.

But, times change. Whole foods has expanded pretty much to the maximum that they can. It's to the point that they're opening WF365 stores to reach into down-market regions with poorer demographics. They may see their interests differently now.

>I moreso just worried I'll be "found out" that I know next to nothing about food and cooking apart from the basics
You're not expected to know entry level positions, you'll be fine.

how much dick do you suck hipster faggot is usually the first question

but organic food happens to be also better quality food most of the time

A lot if they have a feminine penis

>That's a different perspective to have.
Nevertheless, very Important. I'm 40 and have had many jobs, done many interviews, and other negotiations. The most important thing to understand and project is that you can walk away from any offer at no cost to yourself (in the long run, this is always true).

>I moreso just worried I'll be "found out" that I know next to nothing about food and cooking apart from the basics
Protip: wholefoods is not staffed by master chefs, rather, it's mostly staffed by loadies who enjoy cooking sometimes and are friendly. If you seem sane, sober and friendly, you have a good chance.

Just indicate a willingness to learn about cooking... that's probably enough.

Appreciate the advice, man.

How long have you been at WF for?