Any TX fags here? Thinking about moving to Houston in a couple years. Any thoughts/warnings?

Any TX fags here? Thinking about moving to Houston in a couple years. Any thoughts/warnings?

If you live south on Louetta you're basically a nigger. Unless you can afford a ballin house on westheimer or richmond. Woodlands/conroe is far from the nignog spic garbage. Cypress/Tomball is good too (290 north). Katy is okay.

Traffic is absolute shit. Almost as bad as LA. Tolls roads errrwhere. Live close to work, unless you work in the fucking ghetto.

South of Louetta*

Do you guys get hit by storms a lot? Also, whats the political climate?

Not really. And it's mostly conservative. Even the non whites are mostly conservative. Honestly the races all get along pretty good here. It's the most diverse city in the world. Nigs still gonna nig, but the asians, indians, and mexicans are all pretty chill.

Looking in my price range, is Conroe pretty good then? A lot of houses there for sale

Austin

Houston is full of niggers and endless construction. You'll want to kill yourself after about 3 days. Move to west Texas. Midland Odessa area. Good shit. Hot chicks. Great food.

I want to be close to water

>It's the most diverse city in the world.
lol

There's a lesbian mayor and an inferiority complex to other major cities in the country, not to mention Texas. It's pretty great on the West and North side.

Ok, to make this easier I'll tell you what I'm looking for, and give some suggestions where.
Politically liberal (not that important)
close to water
cheap cost of living
big houses
Houston seems to be the closest but I may be wrong

Texas beaches are honestly really shitty. Bad sand, weak waves, often dirty.

But fishing is good if you know where to go.

Well what kind of job? Can you do it in a small town?

You're shit out of luck, son. Texas has some shitty beaches unless you live on the barrier islands, in which case your choices are Galveston (which should have never been rebuilt) and Port Aransas, which is some tourist bullshit.

College, so job isn't important.
Price range is 235K, so it has a lot of options

It's a lake community. Close enough to Houston but it has everything you need. If you can get a house on/near the lake, you'll thank me later.

Disgusting, overcrowded, liberal shit hole. Austin is for college kids and poor LA liberals.

It actually is/was. Houston passed up new york and LA a few years ago. Try reading sometime in your life. It's a port city.

>beaches are the only water

LOL Texas has some of the best lakes for boating and fishing almost year round.

I see a SHIT ton of foreclosures. Does no one there pay their fucking mortgage?

Come to San Antonio, if you like construction you'll see it for the rest of your life

I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH HOW MUCH TEXAS SUCKS.

Especially Houston, but TX in general.

Why? Nazi cops- REAL BAD. Cookie cutter houses, pollution BAD, CRIME x 8 million, fucked up laws, people who are "friends" love to stab each other in the back, politics shitty, weather in Houston real shitty, basically they have a HUGE jail machine. Drugs everywhere- you can walk down the street in Houston and find baggies of Coke- it is cheaper than beer, sluts real bad everywhere, no scenery, nothing to do but eat, it's traffic, pollution, sex, crime, drugs, Nazi cops- all rolled into one big shit city where everybody is miserable.

Remember my words when you get there and wind up robbed and/or in jail OP

Please, no. we have enough faggots as it is.

>It actually is/was. Houston passed up new york and LA a few years ago. Try reading sometime in your life. It's a port city.
Nah, how about YOU try reading instead of just trying your mayor to be right about his own city. In any reasonable study with proper methodology Houston is FAR FAR below cities like New York and L.A.

The reason you see those "most diverse city" signs in Houston is because a hack study that was done at Rice University (A TEXAS university for those who aren't from here) was used to try to make Houston seem less boring.

Here's what that flawed study was counting: "Kinder’s analysis counted the population of four major ethnic groups (white, black, Latino and Asian) and calculated how close the total population was to having balanced percentages across the groups."

So EQUAL percentages of just FOUR racial groups counts as his idea of diversity paradise. Which is dumb as hell. If Houston had 25% American whites, 25% American blacks, 25% Mexicans, and 25% Vietnamese, it would count as the most diverse city.

Ignoring that you can go to NYC (I lived there 4 years) and find countless people speaking all kinds of languages from all over the world. It's not at ALL the same thing, and I'm sorry to have to be the one to burst your bubble.

>I see a SHIT ton of foreclosures. Does no one there pay their fucking mortgage?

Houston's economy is tanking because of the oil and gas industry is cratering and like 1/4 of the industry has been laid off. So it's a good time to buy if you're just thinking about property. Doesn't make Houston a fun place to live though, I can think of countless better cities.

Like what? I want to be close to a big city due to concerts, events, airports, etc. Also close to beaches, like 60 miles or so

>College, so job isn't important.
>Price range is 235K, so it has a lot of options

So....your choosing your college location based on where your can buy a house with your dad's money, instead of just going to the best college with the major that you are interested in?

Just live in a dorm, dude, it will be some of the best years of your life.

If the bullets don't kill you, the drunk drivers will gl hf

Austin is dope, but would never live there
Odessa is in bum fuck and over priced because of Oil
Wrong. Wrong!
Houston sucks, it's humid AF and no zoning regulations makes it a shit place to buy a house.
DFW area is best.