Do young people really think poorly of rock music now? I hadn't noticed

Do young people really think poorly of rock music now? I hadn't noticed.

they hate it because it sold out

18yearoldfag here

Yes. Not saying I do, but generally yes

lerightgen fags hate it because they think it's uncool

everyone else doesn't think poorly of an entire genre of music because they're mentally above the age of 15

Yes. If you're seen on a college campus with a guitar people will laugh at you.

lol no
depends on who you hang out with bub.

I'm at a pretty liberal uni, quite a few people listen to rock, but it seems like most people who consider themselves "into music" aren't. Hiphop seems to be most common.

Also, I've been getting into Swans recently, and I've got a chance to see them perform inside a church soon, should I go? I'm pretty new to their stuff, I'm only properly familiar with Soundtracks for the Blind, The Seer and To Be Kind.

Most young people barely knows what rock is

Thanks to all the Foo Fighters and Nickelbacks rock as a cultural force is right now completely irrelevant. That's not hard see for anyone.

I hope you didn't want to diss Mikey G by even associating him with this garbage. What he's doing is a totally different level and dimension.

Yes, you absolutely should. They mainly play stuff from The Glowing Man but there are two completely new tracks on the setlist and they played Screen Shot when I saw them. Even if you haven't heard the stuff they play the live experience in general is just amazing

Cheers, it's not too expensive so I think I'll go for it. I've heard good things about their shows, and they're playing in a fucking church, which sounds ridiculously great.

I'll also admit that I've never seen a band live before (well not one anyone's actually heard of), so I'm pretty excited.

Hot tip, bring earplugs. They play LOUD

They are too dumb for pop/rock. They like ambient, hiphop (that's actually just garbage and nothing to do with hiphop). But on the other hand they think music should be free so they are killing artists who don't do live shows, aka. hiphop and ambient fags. So the cancer eats itself and we will have a rock revival pretty soon.

Thanks, will do. I like Swans but I'd rather they weren't the last thing I ever hear.

More like no rock revival, and no one makes money with music

you can't be fucking serious

No user it's obviously a joke. The music industry is doing great.

most normies have no real opinion on music.

a millennials general idea of rock is sleeping with sirens, FFDP, or MCR. most don't even dig any deeper than that and as a result they don't have an actual opinion.

those that do explore more music are the same as people from any other generation that like music

the oran mor?

Nah, in Bristol

Most white teens these days are a bunch of pussy faggots. Old school Rock was about having intense fun with music, getting fucking drunk, banging a lot of chicks, enjoying your life and being happy and living a bohemian lifestyle. That's why young people don't enjoy rock now, they prefer bands showing how much "intellectual", cool and "LOL SO RANDOM" they are.

Why are you on a music board if you only like vapid popular rock music about partying?

Joke's on you, I'm almost the typical Sup Forumstard, but I'm getting very tired of these pretentious/intellectual bands and recently got into drinking a lot, so I started seeing the value of bands like AC/DC and stuff.

Seeing the value in more basic rock bands is one thing, but denouncing the more artistic ones in an effort to seem like a romanticized version of the youth of the past is just foolish. Stop trying so hard and maybe lay off the sauce. You are in my thoughts user.

Bands like Nickelback were so boring that they put an entire generation off of guitar music.

Nirvana-wannabes killed rock

teenagers of the 00s and 10s found out about xtc pills and meth and bandwagoned onto the electronic music scene.
It was really a no brainer though, ever since the 80s, and more during the 90s, electronic music became very popular, raves were still seen as a wild new thing, but during the 00s and 10s, electronic music (now wrongly labeled "edm") is on the mainstream.
Kids don't care about guitar solos, it's all about the drop. And I'm probably being old fashioned becaused dubstep was like 7 years ago, I don't know what's hip today... a record of a nigger shouting and cursing on an MTR format?

Rock has been dead since Kid A.

Faggy bands took a shot at the throne but everyone quickly forgot about them or never went anywhere, like the strokes or Arctic Monkeys

lolfag.

you're probably the dude who shat himself in MBV's concert.

Enjoy your tinnitus at age 20

I am enjoying it, cunt.

Because the Rock that gets airplay is mostly guitar+drums+exotic folksy instrument+soft serve copypasted lyrics followed by a millenial whoop.

And I don't mean that in a leronggenerashun way. Its just objectively shit.

Its become routine and unoriginal as well as overly nostalgic. Not enough progression.

You NEED to see them.

Also yeah, rap is the big thing right now.

the new Kasabian album is pure fire but then again i'm all about the landfill era, full circle faggots

I don't think I ever heard a Nickelback song before I heard a Pink Floyd song.

Swans is boring as fuck live. avanteens love the stuff, but it's just the same note over and over again with Gira going "IIIIIIIIIIIII AAAMMMM A AGGOOOOOOOD, III CUUMMM IN MY MOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUTAHAHAHAHTTHAHAHTHAHAHTHAHAHAHA"*RAPID DRUMMING*

I've seen more bands live than I can count and I rank Swans' live performance one of if not thee best. Go my dude. As the other user said bring earplugs, we are talking Sunn O))) levels here.

>Do young people really think poorly of rock music now?
These type of young people are generally musically unintelligent, so who cares what they think?