let others judge you and shit

>98.12.28 男達の別れ
>Jardín
>Lifting weights, boxing, and binging kitchen nightmares

Lmao m.youtube.com/watch?v=8D7iT2MT00o

>christian gang rap
aka: white supremacist gangs lmaoo

>tfw as a kid you thought Jesus Freak was the heaviest shit ever
It's not hard to see why people actually think Christian music is good when you realize a lot of them weren't even allowed to listen to other stuff growing up

>christian gang rap

>Leviticus
the guy who made this was a nu-male

DC Talk aren't even that bad.

How come all Christian music is terrible? I don't think it's impossible to write good Christian music, but it seems like nobody's done it yet. It's sad when The Chariot came the closest to good music.

>all
There's some good stuff, like 16 Horsepower...to be honest though, the biggest flaw with a lot of the classics is it's focused so much on incredibly dated production that's it's pretty much impossible to listen to in 2017

A perfect example of this I find is the album by Rich Mullins called The Jesus Record...he recorded some demos a few days before he died in a car accident and so the double album is one album of him doing these extremely heartfelt demos that anyone who praises all those Sup Forumscore singer-songwriters could love but then the second album is the overproduced absolute garbage made from those demos by all the other big name Christian artists who wanted to encourage his legacy after his death which is much more in line with most popular Christian music

There are a few good Christian bands. But the only way to make good lyrics, in most genres, is to make them at least somewhat subtle. When Christian artists do that, their music gets labeled as secular music such as U2 and Sufjan Stevens. Also these artists make more than just Christian music. In genres such as Country, lyrics come in three forms 1) literal 2) sarcastic 3) tongue in cheek version of reality. 1&3 work very well for Christian music and a lot of classic and modern country musicians have made great Christian music.

Some Fresh OC

white power

Are you talking to me?

Protestants have no taste since they rejected Catholic ostentation as decadent and unchristian

Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye and Bob Marley all made great Christian music

>Boards of Canada - Geogaddi
>Aaron Dilloway - The Gag File
>Violin, watching movies

mewithoutYou is like the only exception and even that's a stretch since he's muslim

>But the only way to make good lyrics, in most genres, is to make them at least somewhat subtle. When Christian artists do that, their music gets labeled as secular music
This, like, the main problem with Christian music is the modern culture surrounding it where the label is so important...like my little sister used to get magazines that debated whether Paramore or Taylor Swift (back in like 2008) were Christian enough to be listened to by Christian kids as they were becoming more secular

It's pretty stupid

And Christians never highlight underground Christian music like Dave Bixby or something and instead demand that the music conform which seems very counterproductive but it's because the culture is not about encouraging musical innovation but about keeping your children from being tainted by non Christian pop culture

Agreed, but many people don't consider them "Christian" artists because they make more than just music with Christian themes. Black Sabbath have Christian themes in most of their songs, but most people wouldn't consider them Christian music.

Loving how they coudn't say anything positive about Pablo Honey other than it has a hit song on it.

A lot of these Christian artists are appealing to a certain demographic, granted the artists are also a part of this demographic, of evangelical. I have a friend who's this type of Christian. One of the nicest people I've ever met, but a lot of these songs are poorly produced. But that's because the music is basically just the worship music they play during their device. I'm Catholic, but I don't actively seek out Christian music, if I like it I like it.

It works the other way though, non-Christians never talk about the fact that artists like Johnny Cash or Elvis Presley were mega-Christian and ignore the numerous gospel records they put out and such, even though Christians would only focus on that

Just look at the album October by U2, it's almost unanimously considered their worst album by the general public but if you look at accolades for the album, they are from Christian sources that would say it's their best

better luck next thread

That's what I was getting at. Because these artists make more than just Christian music, they only get those labels from certain people. Also, imo October is only U2s 6th-7th best album.

its islamic

>paranoid gold digger jesus

unironically a great title

youtube.com/watch?v=jm1os4VzTgA
literally the best music ever written.

also pic related.

faked