How the fuck did this steaming pile of garbage get greenlit in the first place...

How the fuck did this steaming pile of garbage get greenlit in the first place? Everyone with half a brain could see it was going to be shit from miles away. Were studio execs more driven my ideology than desire to make money or make a good product? I just feel fucking bad for Sony cause now this means spiderman might get scaled down.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.ign.com/articles/2016/07/08/ghostbusters-director-paul-feig-responds-to-trailer-hate
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i want to fuck the one on the left in the ass

>lets make another thread about it
Please have sex, I'm begging you.

Is it just me or are we beating a dead horse with these threads?

Even my normie friends refuse to see it. What a flop lmao

Never knew a film like this, to be honest. What other movies has made it so that you whether or not you saw it was a political statement.

It wasn't that bad actually. Of course it can't be compared to the original, but comedy-wise and only it's ok. Didn't regret watching it.

Everybody wants to fuck Chris in the ass

> ghostbusters 1984 budget 30 million
> ghostbusters 2016 budget 145 million
> not gonna be screened in China

What the hell were they thinking? They had no excuse for not keeping the budget under 100 million.

>movie fails
>who you gonna blame

What did Paul Freig mean when he said if this movie flopped he would go to ''Movie Jail'' ?

>Ghostbusters is a loved franchise
>it even makes money if its shit
>just shove enough cgi and green screen in it, it works for transformers

After such an shameless and aggressive marketing campaign, you can't expect the people who were insulted by it to not revel in schadenfreude for a couple of weeks now that it's certain this movie bombed.

This

>"hurr if you don't like this movie you're a misogynist"
>not expecting people to enjoy the fact it fails

No,i mean what is ''Movie Jail''

>he found himself deep in what he calls “movie jail,” with studios refusing to approve him even for low-stakes kids’ movies.

Nobody wants to touch you because you fucked up and they're not willing to give you another chance for the time being.

Studio execs didn't have a clue as to what the demographics of ghost busters fans were. They just assumed that the same people who went and saw Bridesmaids also frequented sci-fi/comedies.
They should have done what Rocky did and just make a soft reboot/sequel. It would have drawn in fans of the original and people interested in the genre.

Will he be sharing a cell with his Zack Snyder then ?

Probably means that, since he used all his weight in Hollywood to assure people that casting 4 unknown, non-conventionally attractive women in a summer comedy action sci-fi blockbuster remake thing would still be profitable, he will not get that kind of trust again for a long time in the event that the movie fails to turn a profit.

Well hes the only good looking one in that pile of shit.

>lets make another thread about it
Payback's a bitch, ain't it? It flopped, their 'strategy' failed and this is the consequences.

>How the fuck did this steaming pile of garbage get greenlit in the first place?
One word OP: Controversy.

Controversy sells big time.

It looks fine to me

You know, I used to think she would be the most amusing character in this train wreck. After seeing that clip, just a thirty second clip, I am annoyed beyond words. I didn't even have the sound on.

>Unironicly getting "insulted" by anyone involved with this movie

BOMBING MAKES ME FEEL GOOD

Where did the world go so wrong?

It's women's humor. Men can't get it

>female *****humor****

False. I actually laughed multiple times at McCarthy's performance in Feig's Spy movie. That was actually very well written.

This Ghostbusters however...

MAID OF MURDER

I think it's pretty sad that this board judges movies strictly based on its profits. What happened to art for the sake of art? Do we really like the quality of play-it-safe blockbuster movies coming out today? Why wholeheartedly embrace the Marvelization of the movie industry? Because the movie ruffles your feathers? That's what powerful art is SUPPOSED to do.

WHY WOULD YOU KILL HIM OFF?

I think we can all agree that Hultzman was the most annoying character of the entire movie.

Leslie Jones wasn't that bad and the redhead wasn't either.

It was probably his condition for appearing in the movie, like Han Solo innit

The only thing I got from this movie was that I want to be Chris Hemsworth.

Please tell me this is just behind the scenes footage... please don't tell me this is an actual scene from the movie

>That's what powerful art is SUPPOSED to do.

People that say she's funny should be slapped, watch any skit or interview and it consists of WACKY VOICE, EYE BULGE repeat ad nauseam.

>I think it's pretty sad that this board judges movies strictly based on its profits
there is a screenrip of Ghostbusters available right now

Go watch it. It was awful.

>Kate McKinnon will never dance like that around your sad damaged body
;_;

I'm still purchasing the blu ray copy of the Extended Cut when it releases

even the Asian poster couldnt save it

>buying movies

this must be why you're broke all the time.

>this must be why you're broke all the time.
you are actually right user. I have spent hundreds of dollars on CDs... but then I love purchasing the rare Japanese bonus track versions of albums and also collecting rare steelbooks of movies.

Way better than just downloading

>mfw reviews kept saying she was the breakout star of the movie

You're not allowed to have known it was going to be shit before seeing it because MUH SOGGY KNEES.

You have to wait until they take the shit and only then can you judge whether the shit smells.

Anyone who accurately predicted the shit would smell beforehand is a sexist.

That's Amy Pascal's fault. She was willing to give Feig $170 million. Tom Rothman cut it down to $154 million (they'd already spent a bunch of it) because he probably saw how bad this would do. Tax credits got it down to $144 million.

This shouldn't have gotten more than $90 million budget.

Why are manbabies still so upset about a successful movie?

>this board judges movies strictly based on its profits
I guess you missed out the thread where Sup Forums was watching it on stream together while ripping the movie apart viciously. What needs to be said about the content has already been said. All that's left is to mock its box office performance since that'still an on-going thing and some deluded people are still making up excuses about it.

>Still hasn't broke even
Yes, success is measured by how many millions of dollars you can lose.

>successful

its needs to make another $170 million just to break even.

dont go into business

thank you

It wasn't that bad. Just a 5/10, entertaining but forgettable summer blockbuster. And it wasn't a full feminist propaganda movie.

>b-but men are evil or dumb here

So are women, even the four of them are far from perfect. They were not Mary Sues.
Honestly I don't understand all the hate with this.

>b-but the marketing campaign was aggressive and they said that you hate women if you don't like this

No you idiots they never said that. They complained because its a fact that a lot of the attacks were misogynist or racists. But he also said that there were people who just didn't like the trailer.

>they never said that
Oh boy, here it goes again.

>wasn't that bad
>5/10
Sorry, but 5/10 movie do not deserves any time to watch it.
Even shitposting on tv will be a better thing to do instead.

jesus christ, you really can tell that bill was forced to be in the movie and he doesn't want to be there

feels bad

Chris Hemsworth is a very attractive man.

>170
A lot more than that when you account for the theaters' cuts.

Of course its not really worth seeing. It's worse than the 1984 movie. Much worse.

But its not an "avoid it like the plague movie". If you've got the money and there's nothing else you want to see its ok. A fine movie for a boring sunday.

I'm pretty sure that both tumblr and Sup Forums would've ignored this if the main actors were jay baruchel, bill hader, kenan thomson and rashida jones

Feig himself said 500 million

>$170 million
isn't it another $365 million since feig was saying it needed to make $500 million to be considered a success and was increasingly worried about the movie ruining his career?

>143 million

>his career and optimism ... gone.

we'll just make a big sjw issue out of it and people will see it out of making a point. it doesnt need to be good.

t. Douge

I'm no accountant but when the director of a movie says in an interview "this thing needs to make $500 million or my career is fucked" then I'd take his word for it because lying about it doesn't make any sense nor does it paint him in a good light.

It's also not a joke as Feig clearly doesn't know how to be funny.

>it's a piece of shit but spend your money on it if there's nothing else on.

This is what Ghostbusters 2016 shilling has been reduced to.

>What happened to art for the sake of art?

If I thought this was meant to be art, I would agree. Not every movie has to make a ton of money to be good. Guillermo del Toro, for example, always pours an insane amount of love into every project he is a part of. Pacific Rim is great because you can feel his passion for giant robot and monster movies. It didn't set the box office on fire, but it is obviously a piece of art the creator cares about.

The Ghostbusters remake, on the other hand, is a soulless corporate mess of a movie that was only made to sell resurrected juice boxes and start a marketing franchise. The original Ghostbusters, like Pacific Rim, was a labor of love made by Dan Aykroyd born out of his love of the supernatural. Merchandise grew out of the successful movie. The movie wasn't made to create successful merchandise.

Holy shit.

Including this weekend it's worldwide gross is still 10 million off reaching production budget!?

Sony turn to shit everything it touch. They don't even do it on purpose, it's a gift.

I need more kino friends

>A fine movie for a boring sunday.
You wish, shill.

>But he also said that there were people who just didn't like the trailer.
Who said that? Why the media did not care about what He said?

>Ice Age 5 bombs
>Over 180,000,000 International + 30 million domestic
>Production Budget: 100,000,000 mil

Oh but, Ghostbusters is a cash hit. This is why no one pays attention to critics anymore.

She reminds me of someone trying way too fucking hard to be Jim Carrey.

That's what I've been saying

>How the fuck did this steaming pile of garbage get greenlit in the first place?

Amy Pascal is a retard.

Some of those feminist girls are pure cute and hot so I understand some wanting to be friends with that kind.

>Jurassic World and Star Wars 7 made a quick billion, what's another beloved series from the 80's that we can reboot?
>We need a cinematic universe to be just like Marvel since our shitty Spider Man movie sucked
>If we cast all women it will get an internet defense force for free and generate its own hype
Sony has literally gone full on retarded at this point

This movie will still be profitable after Blu-Ray and streaming sales.

When a movie bombs, the director and the rest of the people beind hit gets blamed. The director goes to metaphorical "jail". They don't get big projects and have to scrounge for work. After a few years, they can come out of jail and be given another chance.

He says he "cashed his chips in" to make the movie. As in, he

What a cliffhanger

Wiig is sooooooo adorable.

If I were making the film, I'd keep her. She's the awkward, shy academic girl team member.

How is that anything less than manslaughter or neglegant homoside?

How are they going to explain that to the police?

>That guy who really hates us was here and he fell out of the window.

Where's the pit and leg hair?

Feig talked about how there was a lot of improv and adlibbing, and he found it so funny he kept most of it.

So yes, on your 144 million summer blockbuster, much of what makes it to the screen is just some shit the actors made up on the spot, including them goofing off. This is why the characters are sometimes very inconsistent.

215 is the goal. That's what Ghost Busters II made in 1989 dollars. Can a 2016 film make more than a 1989 film? Only time will tell.

Paul Feig has no idea how to make films for the general populace. He's a gay man who prefers the company of women and makes chick flicks. Nothing wrong with that. Just keep him FAR away from a general public film.

>215 is the goal
418, actually.

>And it wasn't a full feminist propaganda movie.

It's marketed as some kind of political statement which breaks the glass ceiling. And they dismissed criticism of the film as being sexist.

I can fucking hear the normies screaming "Yeah" "That's my girl" "Woohoo" and clapping in the theater

I never said it was a piece of shit. I said it was mediocre. But then again you dont really care.

Paul Feig, the movie director said that. Pic related if you dont want to click ign.
m.ign.com/articles/2016/07/08/ghostbusters-director-paul-feig-responds-to-trailer-hate

Saw this the other day with my wife and her aunts. It was okay. Wasn't the shitshow I expected it to be, I would see something else if I could do it over though.

McCarthy was easily the worst to me, everything she does is unfunny as fuck. Wiig and Jones were meh, Jones being surprisingly not annoying as shit. McKinnon was kinda funny at some points, but annoying at others. Hemsworth was easily the best part, but even that was more in the vein of "HURR SO DUMB IS FUNNY". The only part I particularly liked were some of the inventions that McKinnon's character came up with.

4/10, would not see again, would change channel on TV unless nothing else was on.

Anyone done math on how many people per screen? The images everywhere are of empty theaters. It's probably like 5 people per screen, and it's only made its money because it's on 30,000 screens.

Do you think they will still move forward with the new cartoon, or is the franchise totally dead for now?

No one wants to see fat bitches and bull dykes in your movies. No one. NO ONE. Not even fat bitches and bull dykes.