ITT:Post your AOTYSF

ITT:Post your AOTYSF

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/collection/Androol/recent/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I would if you posted the title/artist you tosser

Reverse image search bozo, but it's the new DJ Okawari album

Is it cool to like A Crow Looked at me again yet?

Anyway that

>new DJ Okawari album
WHAT
THANK YOU

I don't wanna be that pitchfork poster. But this is just amazing

Ryuichi Sakamoto - Async
Impossible Nothing - Tonemenomicon
Mono No Aware

New Clarence coming out soon and possible Kanye, could be a good year

yeh stop sleeping on these albums m8

Anyway, DAMN. for me probably. And even that was a light 7 for me that I'll probably never listen to again.

Dude acid lmao album is a 5 and the ambient various artists thign a light 6 for me, sadly. Not my cup of tea. Average year so far imo.

>giving an album a 7
>will never listen to it again
whaat

File too large to reverse search, bucko.

Why listen to 7s when you can listen to 8-10s? 7 just means it was above just meh/aight but not good enough to warrant continued listening.

See
I feel it's a good album but a light 7 is not going to keep me interested enough. I'd rather search for new stuff and/or listen to what I think an 8 is at least.

Kill Bill's new record is mine. I feel like he is really slept on here. I will very rarely see RAMONA in a chart thread and that's about it. Would think most people here who enjoy hip hop would like him.

2016 but nice trips

Dean Blunt kills it again.

What's his tyle like, album art got me intrigued

>huh that looks like a DJ okawari album
>It is
Holy shit OP you just made my day

Hell yeah

Really liked it. Haven't heard too much this year tho.

Anyone else?

You're welcome

So good.

YES! What a trip!

New Afghan Wigs is a real hit. I really enjoyed their last album but fuck man, they stepped up their game on this one. It's seriously on par with Gentlemen.

I'm bad at describing shit but his productuon can go from really chill to crazy
His skits are pretty meh but what skits aren't
Samples flcl a lot

RAMONA is a great record, in my to 10
The one pictured is Drop Season. Some get turned off by the skit at the start, don't let that happen
Just skip the skit if you need to

If you just want to try the album is start with the tracks Slow Up and Golds just to get a taste of his style
Usually really nerdy kinda lyrics and samples. Has references in his lyrics to stuff like anime, Pokemon, Scott pilgrim, etc

kill bill pls stop shilling your album
k thx

Un U.K. gave me chills.

I broke up in Amarante is such a good song. By far my album of the year.

garbage taste

Agreed. The post-rock influences on this album are really nice, and the instrumentation is tight. Best Faust album since Derbe, Respect, Alder imo.

this year has been very disappointing so far

albums that fell flat:
dirty projectors
father john misty
bonobo
real estate
slowdive
forest swords

your fault for expecting good records from real estate, slowdive, and dirty projectors

this has been a bad year for music thus far

this

i've loved a lot of tracks so far but no album's really blew me away yet. new bing and ruth and the necks are great but it will be a pretty dissapointing year if they end up in my aoty

fantastic album but I admittedly have not listened to much from 2017

Stole mine so I'll put my second.

Came here to post this actually

also good

Fags

>Impossible Nothing - Tonemenomicon

I just heard this and it sounds great, give me more artists user

I liked this new Bones tape a lot

im 50/50 between carrie and lowell live and
aclam

Listening to it right now it's great

WAIT HOLD THE FUCK UP NEW DJ OKAWARI WHAAAT

all fillers except that one track where he says he dont pop xanax cos pills are for pussies. that was a pretty solid track

Fuck off, this is a mixtape of shit

>Just finished enjoying some Samurai Jack kino
>Find out there's a new DJ Okawari album

OP you've made this night even better.

The album came out in January and I can't believe so many people missed it

Can't believe I have to be the one to post this masterpiece.

>""""""""""masterpiece""""""""""

this website is 18+

Phil Elvrum perfectly describes , through short songs, several months where everything seems to have some sort of loose association to the loss of his wife because it's all he can think about. It's genius if you think of it like that, but I can understand if you see it as just , guy literally describing sad death. I just see his careful word choice and topic choice as amounting to more than just a report.

so many people excited that there has been a new okawari-album out for 4 months but none commenting how bad and repeative it actually is. none of it sticks out and all the songs sound like they were released a decade ago already on an earlier okawari-album. as usual, the artwork is more interesting than the content

I thought that the first time but then I listened to it again more attentively and thought it was one of his best overall albums

I honestly thought that on ACLAM Phil Elvrum did what Sun Kil Moon does, but better. The lyrics were just so striking.

listened to the album again
i guess you're right

Does anyone else always have bad luck finding any good new albums in the first 6 months of a year then find a fuck ton of great new albums in the second half of the year? That seems to be a thing that happens to me every year.

so excited, just gave it a listen

no emotion, no nostalgia, features are lackluster

so disappointed

buddy of mine showed me this, its really good! i had no clue it came out this year tho

My AOTYs since 2010 have been about evenly split between first and second half of the year. So... yes? I think this year is gonna be really backloaded though.

I'm going to check this out. One of these days.

I've only put in two listens so far and will probably reserve future ones for when my copy arrives, but I'm damn impressed. First impressions are that it's stronger than Engravings, I suspect. We'll have to see how it holds up.

Thanks for reminding me of this one. Ghostly is a fairly solid label through and through, but this album is one that I just haven't made the time for. Glad to see it's getting such buzz. I've never listened to Jacaszek before.

I listened to this with absolutely zero intention to enjoy it, based off the buzz it was garnering from certain friends of mine. First listen was pretty underwhelming, but for whatever reason it has really started to flourish and shine as the weather has gotten nicer over here. Really fun album, and still the only Menzingers records I've heard to date.

I realized I didn't post my own AOTYSF. Really tough to say for me. Lately I haven't been able to put down that new Feist. I keep revisiting the new Planning For Burial quite a bit as well.

Xiu Xiu

rateyourmusic.com/collection/Androol/recent/

either pic related or Mental Illness by Aimee Mann

at this point, it's a toss-up between King Giz and Kenny.

Do you have any particular complaints about Thundercat? Thats my highest ranked of your group.

didnt think anything this year was any good so far but if i had to choose one it'd be pic related.

although not a masterpiece for me, this is also my favourite so far

cool cover. would be better without the text

Would have picked meeting of the waters if it weren't classified as an ED.

My personal fav is a toss up between the new Jonwayne and Is even out yet?

quite honestly not a great year so far...

this was good shit. kinda went unnoticed though, huh?

YES