How come Catholics didn't get mad about this like Muslims would?

How come Catholics didn't get mad about this like Muslims would?

Other urls found in this thread:

lovindublin.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why the hell would Muslims get mad at Father Ted?

We can take a joke.

Catholics are allowed to laugh at themselves, Muslims get beheaded if they do.

Because Catholics aren't oppressed.

they can hack the bants

in ireland, for some reason we can't make a comedy without a priest in it, it's ingrained into our "irishness" which is the reason i hate being irish

catholics are civilised.

What other Irish comedies feature a priest? I can't think of any.

Because Catholics don't have an explosive attitude.

calvary wasn't a straight comedy but it was slightly satirical and self aware

It has to do with how you view religion and God and all that. 500 years ago if you tried something like this as a stage-play you would have been executed for blasphemy. The reasoning for that sentiment and the sentiment of muslims today against blasphemy is because they feel that it legitimately jeopardizes the immortal souls of human beings.

To us they are just comedians making jokes that may or may not be funny. The a devout person they are heretics condemning themselves and actively attempting to draw others deeper into damnation. Furthermore Christianity is based on the ideals of a mostly-pacifist hippie with an alleged background in carpentry. Muhammad was unambiguously a merchant who became a warlord and eventually a self-made holy king. The foundation of Islam is impossible without violence, so dedicated pacifism in Islam doesn't make as much sense as it does in Christianity.

Because it's the patrician abrahamic religion and Father Ted is a patrician comedy

t.patrician

Catholics don't think a little satire is something to lose your head over

There was a sitcom about a Muslim family called Mr.kahn. its shit but nobody got mad

Mrs Browns boys, Bridget and Amon, can't think of any more comedies (These and Father Ted would be the biggest ones anyways)

I actually think calvary is the best irish film ever, goes against the grain

so are you saying most muslims are less socially evolved than the rest of the world?

>Citizen Khan
>Comedy about family thats Muslim instead of Christian

>Father Ted
>Comedy specifically about priests and the clergy
>The three main priests are shown to fail in all their priestly duties, and none of them even really believe in Catholicism
>All Bishops and higher ups are assholes

Its a bit different.

Moone Boy

here we go again
let's pretend like all the things the church did back in the day were performed only by them
true facts all the "evil" shit the catholic church did in europe hundreds of years ago was done because it's just what people did. catholics, protestants, atheists, muslims, jews, nobody was exempt from it because nobody thought it was out of the ordinary.

The Vicar of Dibley

kinda

So muslims are still in the dark ages? It all makes sense now.

Are there any Muslim comedians?

>which is the reason i hate being irish
Oh please. You just hate being Irish period.
Your just trying to find an excuse to why you hate yourself, and for some reason it's because of priests.
If you hate being Irish so bad move out like the rest of them.

four lions already exists and most muslims love it

Funny, I know a muslim and he said it was "spiteful" and a "mocker of the faith".

>most muslims love it
The devout ones hate it for the subject matter and the normal ones hate it for being a shit film.

the thing about father ted and the vicar of dibley is that, more or less, they were spot-on satire of how absolutely weird small, rural church people could be

that said graham linehan had only one template that was: harassed irish frontman, his absolutely mad sidekick, and the outsider lady that's confused as heck but ends up as mad as the rest of them.

should have clarified it's not because of priests, but because of the "irishness", I mean look at this website lovindublin.com have you ever seen such a collection of cringe posts in your entire life and I am moving I still got one year of college left though

There was mad.

I mean, did they organize to kill themselves and take others in bombings? No, they are a bit too mature for that.

Muslims as a people are very immature. They have tantrums as a people. Like african-americans. Very immature.

>a shit film.
Muslims confirmed for plebs

I'll just leave this here...

I honestly thought he was being sarcastic when I started following him. Then after a few weeks it started to sink in that eveyrthing he put was 100% serious and it broke my heart. In interviews he seems really nice and quite smart but he's another example of the UK elite who are completely out of touch with 90% of Britain.

He's trying to compensate for making two of the most "trope" laden female characters in sitcom history.

Fucking hell user you instantly made me think of pic related

>HAHAHA BOYS BE LIKE THIS AND GIRLS BE LIKE THIS

That was a comfy, funny show.

My Grandfather was an Ulster Orangeman and he loved this. Anything that poked fun at Irish Catholics.

Because Muslims cannot take a joke, how many Muslim comedians do you know?

That isn't the joke, autistic virgin.

Nobody asked, faggot.

Whoa is it that time of the month?

Gud 1 m8

I know so many muzzies that lose their shit over citizen khan.

You seem mad

If they aren't oppressed then how come you're allowed to say they aren't oppressed?

If there is any group that deserves to be mocked right now it's muslims. Treating them like untouchable gods only feeds their spoilt attitude.

Once they get it both barrels for a while they will lighten up a bit and see it's just a joke and they shouldn't resort to violence when being mocked like everyone else.

God damn I have lost all respect for that faggot.

Catholics in Northern Ireland didn't have equal rights until 1999. Father Ted started in 1995.