How would a modern collaboration sound between these two?

How would a modern collaboration sound between these two?

Also reunion when?

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BLWVpN8D7GH/
youtube.com/watch?v=3JXp5f3BGE8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Really doubt a reunion will ever happen sadly

It seems like Reznor keeps getting deeper and more sophisticated, and Manson keeps getting shallower and dumber. So I imagine it'd sound like Blackie Lawless singing over a classical orchestra.

It would sound lame.

Mumbly goth crooner vocals from Brian.
Weak-ass "soundscapes" and bleepbloop fuckery from Trent.

No strong concept, no vocal flourishes, no catchy riffs, no groove, nothing.

Nigger what?
There's no way Trent would be willing to compose anything that sounds like a classical orchestra, he's too far up his own ass to write something that sounds emotionally powerful and satisfying anymore.
As for Manson, his voice has been utterly fucked up by years of drugs and abuse, whereas Blackie Lawless got better and better with time, because he's been taking great care of his voice for decades. There's no fucking way Manson can even reach near Blackie's vocal performances.

Fucking hell man where the fuck did you pull that comparison out of?

never happening, they are on bad terms

also manson has completely fallen off.
SAY 10 WHEN???

I strongly disagree about Reznor's abilities, he's composed some great stuff. As for Blackie Lawless, I have no idea what he's sounded like or done since the mid 80s. The point of my comparison was the juxtaposition between musical complexity and a silly, dumb shock rocker

seriously this. When has manson made something on par as Not The Actual Events?

I don't question Trent's abilities, I question his taste and artistic intents. Nowadays he thinks he's above making music that sounds cool. Instead he tries to make music that sounds clever, and it's a complete bore.

>silly dumb shock rocker
Blackie did the grandiose introspective apocalyptic rockstar opera thing several years before Manson and he did it twice. WASP stands heads and shoulders above the rest of "shock rock" and singlehandedly legitimizes the genre.

His latest album is about as good. What it lacks in studio mastery and variety, it makes up for with good songwriting and catchiness.

They're equally mediocre.

probably mallgoth garbage just like both of their discographies

...are you serious?
I'll have to look into Lawless' more ambitious stuff, but WASP just sounds like a dumb, albeit fun hair metal group. Kinda like Twisted Sister, but not quite as talented.

As for Reznor, it sounds like he just isn't making stuff that's your personal taste. That's too bad, but I quite like it. I'm not surprised that a WASP enthusiast is critical of his newer direction, to be completely frank.

First Manson would have to apologize for throwing Maise off the balcony.

>not quite as talented
are YOU serious? Did you only listen to WASP's very worst songs or something? Even their debut album wipes the floor with Twisted Sister's entire discography.

But then again if you're the kind of disingenuous snob who takes Trent's recent output seriously, I shouldn't expect you to be able to compare glam rock bands to one another with any degree of accuracy.

So what happened between these dudes in the late 90s?
I remember that they had a falling out during the Antichrist/Lost Highway period, and then a brief peace treaty during the Fragile/Holy Wood period, and that they then almost immediately fell out again. Like within months. What happened?

>tfw you will never be a retarded teenager again and have the biggest worries in your life being when the new Nine Inch Nails and Pantera albums are finally going to come out

Life will never be that good again.

I'm starting to get the feeling you're middle aged and never made it past high school

23, got my master's degree in contemporary philosophy last year, does that matter?

Reznor went into suicidal seclusion while working on The Fragile. Manson blew the fuck up at the time and felt he had to shit talk Reznor so that people knew he was the real deal.

When Reznor came back and Manson backed down like a bitch in order to team up with Reznor against the perceived rise of boy bands and nu metal. Reznor was too fucked up to really pay anything too much attention and went with it until 2001-2ish when he went back into full addict isolation mode.

By 2003-4 is was sobering up and so he dumped all connections to Manson. Celebrity status took second fiddle to recreating who he was; and it has paid off.

It's just surprising

>contemporary philosophy

It's only surprising if you're a vain asshole who thinks "clever" people don't like catchy music and are necessarily enthralled by the kind of aimless studio experiments Trent has been releasing for the past 12 years.

I know, right? It's a fucking joke, just like half of NIN's discography.

Why has Sup Forums discussing Trent & Marilyn become a thing all of a sudden? Who the hell keeps making these threads?

>Nine Inch Nails and Pantera

huh, fans of the latter band(mostly jocks or the white trash, aggressive breed of metalhead) harassed and beat up fans of the former(mostly wimpy goth kids) when i was still in HS

Hair metal is literally goofy pop music with hard rock instrumentation. WASP just threw on some gross out humor and horror imagery. It's fine, you can like whatever you want.

But on an old comment, you said they made shock rock respectable. Do you honestly find them more respectable than Alice Cooper, Arthur Brown, and Screamin' Jay Hawkins? I mean really?

certanely not Tront

Yes I do, because you absolutely cannot boil them down to "gross out humor and horror imagery", their 87-95 output is mostly serious and even their sillier stuff is better written and performed than most of Alice Cooper's songs.

>you can like whatever you want
No, people can only like what entertains them, and most of NIN doesn't entertain me. I strongly question whether it actually entertains you, or if you just enjoy the ego boost that comes with listening to "clever" music.

Manson for a long while now said he has no interest in keeping beef with Trent, and last year Trent posted a picture of Antichrist Superstar on his instagram on its anniversery date calling it a decent album.

>calling it a decent album
sounds like one of Trent's usual underhanded passive-aggressive comments.

If you think I get an ego boost from listening to the most famous, popular industrial group of all time, you must be really new here.

I dunno, the white trash metalheads I hung out with as a kid were pretty laid back for the most part.
The whole reason I got into NIN was because I heard or read somewhere that Phil Anselmo recorded his vocals for TGST in Reznor's studio, since his relationship with the rest of the Pantera was so abysmal that he couldn't work together with them in the same studio anymore.

Why not? There's people around here who take "art pop" seriously and Trent is the industrial equivalent of that shit.

What's he supposed to to do? beat off about an album he help put together? I can't think of a time where he heaps praise on anything, even his own work.

Actually he said great
instagram.com/p/BLWVpN8D7GH/

stop figthing you all

I don't really know what you mean. You mean he's artsy and poppy? Sure, but it seems like you could say that about anyone from newer Einstürzende Neubauten to Front Line Assembly, Psychic TV, KMFDM, Current 93, VNV Nation, or many others in industrial. It's not exactly an uncommon dynamic.

How would a modern collaboration between Al and Trent sound?
Also reunion when?

No I mean he's popular and artsy
He no longer tries to emulate what makes pop music appealing. Or when he tries it's really half-assed and clumsy like on hesitation marks.

>it seems like you could say that about anyone from newer Einstürzende Neubauten to Front Line Assembly, Psychic TV, KMFDM, Current 93, VNV Nation, or many others in industrial.
yeah but none of those bands sacrificed catchiness to artsiness.

From what I've seen, Jourgensen's brain is so fried that he makes Manson look lucid and healthy by comparison.

Seriously. You guys can make fun of Manson for being a washed out has-been all you want but he's still no Al Jourgensen or Genesis P-Orridge. I don't know who's a bigger example of JUST.
Every interview with Al these days is just him reminding you how he did sooooo much drugs back then, rambling about some shitty project he's working on, or how he knew William Burroughs. I wouldn't blame Trent for not associating with him at all. Hard to believe pic related at one point made one of the GOAT industrial albums.
youtube.com/watch?v=3JXp5f3BGE8