There are actually so many good things about the new Star Trek movie...

there are actually so many good things about the new Star Trek movie, but here’s a few that you folks might be interested in.

>No womanizing Captain Kirk.
>It gives ample time to all the main cast.
>Doesn’t focus on Kirk alone.
>Lots of Bones/Spock dialogue and development.
>No weird underwear shots.
>No obnoxious lens flares.
>A plot that revolves around promoting friendship, peace, and diversity.
>No sexist jokes.
>Idris Elba.
>A wholesome, fun, positive, space adventure that isn’t weighed down by tiresome stereotypes or edginess.
>The best goddamn use of “Sabotage” by the Beastie Boys.

Please watch it. Please. They know what they’re doing now. Give the movie your money because goddamn it deserves it.
This movie just. GETS IT.

Relax, this movie is doing fine financially. It has a staggered release and (hasn't been released in China or Japan yet), which is why you're seeing such poor numbers from the foreign markets. Just give it time and it will do fine.

Jayla is a cute.

How did the villain have so many troops? I thought there were only 3 survivors?

>>No womanizing Captain Kirk.
stop slut shaming

>>No weird underwear shots.
ok i'll give you than one, it was dumb

>No sexist jokes.
all jokes are sexist because humor is a product of the patriarchy which is why feminists are incapable of being funny

>Please watch it. Please. They know what they’re doing now. Give the movie your money because goddamn it deserves it.
i will when its out here

>This movie just. GETS IT.
gets what? start trek or 2016

I like Jayla, she's adorable. The villians were stupid though.

>yayla frees spock and chekov from crystal shit
>chekov is checking out her ass the entire time

kekd. just something funny anton threw in for the character since he always saw him as a ladies man in the OT

Most were drones left behind by the abandoned mining operation.

There were a lot of bad guys with guns. Were they robots?

Movie made it sound like a lot of them were. Not sure where the mining robots got guns though.

Can we agree that this is the most retardest movie ever?

>Kirk's arc is that he is that he's bored of peace and only feels alive again when the lives of millions are threatened and he gets to shoot people with laser guns
>Kirk's thinks that a boring desk job as a rear admiral is a better career change than exploring the frontier
>The bad guy's arc is that he wants to fight because it makes people stronger but instead of fighting the yorktown with his invincible fleet he just genocides them instead
>The bad guy's crew lands on a class M planet and are unable to repair their ship even though Jayla and Scottie were able to in the course of one movie
>The bad guy forgot where he parked his old ship even though he came from it
>The bad guy and his crew of two were able to take control of some sort of mining facility full of drones and he had life rejuvenating powers for some reason
>The bad guys and the Franklin were able to go through the dangerous Nebula very quickly even through the bad guys were composed of drone ships which don't seem to have a warp drive and the Franklin can't go past Warp 5
>Pegg exploited Leonard Nemoy's death for a cheap plot point and a character arc that went nowhere for Spock
>Jayla's arc with the subcommander was never resolved
>Instead of using something clever with the holograms or the gas like it was established in her character to fight the subcommander, Jayla just punches him
>They ripped off the ending of Mars Attacks to beat the bad guys

So blackface is not ok but whiteface is? Talk about double standards...

>>Kirk's arc is that he is that he's bored of peace
Stopped reading here.

Whiteface made her pretty hot. Black face just makes you look like you have shit smeared on you.

>No womanizing Kirk
>Good
Kys user, Kirk going where no man's dick has gone before is part of the fun of the franchise.

Completely wrong. Kirk avoided women all the time in TOS. They threw themselves at him, but he always declined and said that he was already in love... with a beautiful woman... named... Enterprise...

The most he ever got with a woman was when he had amnesia and thought he was a Native American.

Black face is just done to mock, white face makes people look more attractive.

It's okay, Chekov helped pick up the slack by banging a few QT aliens in the movie.

They finaly remade Wrath of Khan the right way. Third time is the charme.

It's almost like getting a writer who gives a fuck really matters.

implying that albino thing looks attractive

There are many ethical and moral nuances present in this topic.

Those aliens look delicious.

>Please watch it. Please. They know what they’re doing now. Give the movie your money because goddamn it deserves it.
>This movie just. GETS IT.
??

this movie was trash
am i witnessing my first shill?

contender for most generic villain ever

I assume the subcommander died when he fell off the roof during their fight. Still fucking awful resolution though, Jaylah basically does nothing after that.

>tfw no alien gf

>i've spent a billion years searching for this weapon

>could have just smuggled a nuke into yorktown
gr8 movie family

>tfw Pegg is probably going to make Scotty banging Jaylah canon

>Literally Mass Effects the Citadel as the Yorktown.

While watching it I thought for sure it was going to be an origin story for the borg

>Ship destroyed by swarm of alien ships with weird looking robotic people in them that have gears and shit in their shoulders
>Weird alien that looks like the borg queen introduced
>They're taking 'muh crew!
>Bad guy has inexplicable powers where he sucks life out of people
>Here's this ancient weapon that uses drones to disintegrate flesh
> Oh the bad guys are going to the most high tech space base that can move all over the place and are going to exterminate all life there to take it over
>We can only defeat them by interrupting their FREQUENCIES!!!!!!

>That gay couple on the station.
>Its 2263 after all

Hay Pegg was writing and JJ wasn't directing, hay stop putting shit in your cake recipe and you can get a pretty good cake who knew?

>A plot that revolves around promoting friendship, peace, and diversity.
>No sexist jokes.
How are these positives?

Kirk wasn't as rampant a womanizer as his reputation might suggest. Him laying off the fratboy bird-dogging for a movie is kind of a relief. The last two movies felt like they were written by people who only knew Trek by cultural osmosis.

>origin story for the borg
considering the Borg are far older then humanity, were in the Enterprise series run, and were contacted back in First Contact when humanity was only just reaching warp travel, you should have known better.

Well since the new Star Trek movies are operating under the premise that the time stream is all fucky because of Spock and the miners going back in time, I thought they were going to use this to introduce the borg to the series since they weren't really 'in' star trek til TNG.

I know the borg are super old and they fought them during First Contact, I meant more like 'this ancient device we don't know anything about' is actually a borg assimilator and sets up the next movie.

Implying that was a bad thing when they did it. It was comfy as fuck.

Is this movie actually worth my time or is it shit?

ahh ok, when you said origin story I thought you meant origin of the Borg themselves.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who saw how bluntly similar it was

Shill

shut up, you bitch

Everything about the villain is terrible.
How did he get past ship shields during the entire movie? I don't care how much you know about them, even the Borg can't bypass the Federation's shielding all of the time.
Why did he even need the Doomsday weapon? It was his goal to get and use the nanolocusts for over a hundred years, but the swarm ships he found on the planet are far more of a threat than what is essentially a virus.

>How did he get past ship shields during the entire movie?
It was mentioned, but I don't remember what they said

>Why did he even need the Doomsday weapon?
This I agree with, the doomsday weapon didn't seem all that threatening. also, why not just breach the space station? The station's design seemed pretty vulnerable to that.

>Kirk's arc is that he is that he's bored of peace and only feels alive again when the lives of millions are threatened and he gets to shoot people with laser guns

Do you just like to make up shit or are you that fucking retarded?

Does anyone else feel like nu-Kirk is such a fucking pussy in this film? His whole thing is that he's really bored of exploring the frontier because all he does is solve diplomatic crises or whatever and everything is routine. Then he decides that doing paper work as a rear admiral is way better for some reason. His arc is resolved only after an entire space station full of people is threatened and he punches a bad guy to death does he realize that space is exciting and he should be a Captain again. With old Kirk he didn't whine about being bored all the time and took his job seriously and they only gave him the admiral position because he was too good at his job. I seriously wonder how anyone could sympathize with nu-Kirk at all.

>being underage
Kys

>No womanizing Captain Kirk.
>No weird underwear shots.
>No sexist jokes.
>A wholesome, fun, positive, space adventure that isn’t weighed down by tiresome stereotypes or edginess.
10/10 bait good work OP