Who is /our team/?

I think it's time that our board has an official favorite team. It can be from any sport, or we could pick different teams in the main sports if everyone prefers. If there's a lot of replies, me or someone else can make a strawpoll to vote for who our team is.

What do you say Sup Forumsartans? Who is our favorite team? I nominate the Michigan State Spartans.

Seattle Supersonics

Atlanta Thrashers

>Sonics
>no Seahawks

LSU Tigers.

Only Reddits and SJW hipsters like the Sonics.

>implying it's not the team that found a way, App State

Fine. The California Seals, then :^)

Sup Forums's team is whatever shitty meme team beats a giant at the time.

Cowboys fan since 84.

What's the college with a ballsack as a mascot?

Whoever that is that's our team.

Seconded

The Raiders

TYBC

Sixers
>lovable losers
>Joel Embiid is the GOAT and the meme god

This is a really terrible and stupid idea because every single team ever has its own genuine fans, at least one or two of whom posts here on a regular basis, or at least when their team is active

The objects of sport are competition among grown men as exhibitionism/escape/metaphor, controlled violence without it actually escalating to someone getting killed, learning to deal with defeat like a man (unlike what the Soros-funded false left has been doing in the streets for the past week), etc. Somewhere in this mishmash of masculine values, despite individual players hopping from team to team over the years, there is still a vague and valid masculine sense of the value of /loyalty/. A long-time cubs fan, as an extreme example, is recently emotionally rewarded for his loyalty, not to be confused with all the bandwagoners.

I find it to be extremely stupid that certain teams have been variously branded and adopted as "America's Team", such as the Yankees and Cowboys. It's just more include-everybody nonsense. That's not the point. Sports are supposed to be regional turf wars. First of all, you just plain shouldn't ever want the Yankees to win a world series ever again, on general moral principles. Second, If you're in Wyoming or something you should pick a team that is halfway close to you in whatever sport, rather than going for the meme-team.

So, the only honest answer to something like OP's question is a non-answer, or a meme answer. Which is why this post is so good, because the team was one of the last big north american teams to be straight-up contracted, eliminated, etc, and not merely moved/rebranded. Still it has the historical place of California, so meh.

Predators.
>I LIEK IT.
>I LOVE IT.
>I WANT SOME MORE OF IT.

Obviously the Chiefs

Giants fan since I was old enough to understand football. That said, electing "our team" seems a bad idea. I much prefer when there's things to discuss and argue about.

If given the chance to turn all eagles fans to giants fans I wouldn't, the competition is most of the fun.

Da Bears

Grip n sip

Our boys.jpg

chiefs, royals, mizzou, sporting kc