What is the greatest Vampire film of all time?

What is the greatest Vampire film of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xynKKfXmNv0
youtu.be/onbiOVpX0_w
youtube.com/watch?v=9o8gzua-K_E
youtube.com/watch?v=V8Gl6S8C6iI
youtube.com/watch?v=0cE1fzfOogo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Shadow of the Vampire

What we do in the Shadows

From Dusk to Dawn
Let the Right One in

I canit decide

Interview With The Vampire

Nosferatu the Vampyre

Rat in a cage.

Unironically and objectively.

>implying he doesn't look more like nosferatu in Ava Adore

BLADE NIGGA !!!

Yes, but this one is cool too:
youtube.com/watch?v=xynKKfXmNv0

Bram Stoker's Dracula, despite Keanu Reeves

Nosferatu, and what said.

Vampire in Brooklyn

Nosferatu
Director F.W. Murnau

Oh, dear god.

No.

and blade 2

Let the Right One In.

Seconded.

He's right, you know

Spanish Dracula is really good. Worth watching even if you have seen the English version.

I meant to second this one. Forgot thr fuckin' title. I'm stupid and drunk already.

You... do not have the heart of a hunter

Salem's Lot

The aesthetics of that film is insane

So underrated

Coppola is a hack. At least 90s up Coppola is.

What we do in the shadows

Truly the scariest of all vampire movies

Nosferatu 1979
Howling VI: The Freaks
Vampyr 1932
The Monster Squad
Fright Night

John Carpenter's

Lost Boys
Near Dark
Salem's Lot

>Fright Night

my nigger

If he had sucked more blood he would have stopped aging so fast.

Thinking of watching the original Nosferatu but i dunno if i can bear the abscense of dialogue and shitty quality.

youtu.be/onbiOVpX0_w

Spanish Dracula and fright night were good

PLEBS GET THE FUUUUUCK OUT

Dude come on, some silent films are really exciting and the film quality creates a cool dreamlike atmosphere. That said, I genuinely don't like the original Nosferatu and think it is boring because I don't like its story. I just never cared for Dracula that much, even the 1931 version is lame as fuck. Don't like the book either. Herzog's 79 version of Nosferatu is the best the story could ever be, but the original is still essential viewing. It's not that long, it has cool visuals, and you can say you've watched it.

What are some actual good silent films then?

I have never been able to track down Spanish Dracula, can you point me to a torrent or stream? Been wanting to watch it for quite some time

Faust, Dr. Caligari, Haxan, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde 1920, The Hands of Orlac are the best ones I've seen. I haven't really explored many silents outside of early horror, which I am a little embarrassed of and I know I need to watch more. I'm sure other anons can point you to the best ones though

I like Blade 2 better, and actually I hate del Toro but it's my favorite of his films

This

Near Dark and both versions of Nosferatu. Also, Blade.

What are some other prewar German existentialist horror films beside Caligari?

Faust is the best one, not quite horror but close. Hand of Orlac also, yes I already posted these but Idc

Begotten is sort of a silent film directed by the guy that did Shadow of the Vampire. It's edgy as fuck and has God disemboweling him/her self among other bizarre scenes that represent religious mythology. Apparently Marilyn Manson played it on repeat whilst recording Antichrist Superstar so there's that

The script isn't great but The Hunger looks really good.

This is a GREAT fucking movie, I truly recommend it.

I'm also pretty uneducated but fritz langs a nigga, Siegfried, the sequel, and harakiri. I haven't seen em but movies started with birth of a nation and intolerance which are on youtube

>Vampyr 1932

dem shadows

Faust is the shit

>vampire
>greatest
>film
just suicide yourself already

begotten was such a snoozefest i couldnt finish it.
shadow of the vampire is brilliant though, best vampire film ive seen

pretty woman

Fright Night 1985, hands down

>myhumorissuperiorstarterpack.jpeg

don't

I gave it a try and it sucks big time

apparently some people feel superior for liking old shit. but just like an old car or computer is worse than the modern equivalent, old movies are shit too

dis pleb

Lost Boys

youtube.com/watch?v=9o8gzua-K_E

Wasn't as enamored with this as I had hoped. It's brilliant, but the campiness was a bit much for my tastes.

>Keanu Reeves and Winona Ryder
ftfy, otherwise agreed

the only good thing about that movie was gary oldman

>Implying anyone can top based Lugosi
youtube.com/watch?v=V8Gl6S8C6iI

One of the greatest films ever made.
Beyond those already mentioned, Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans and The Phantom Carriage might also interest you.
Fritz Lang's M is not totally silent, it is a transitional piece, but it's my favorite of his so I'll throw that one in as well.
And you can't go wrong with Buster Keaton, Charlie Chaplin and Harold Lloyd on the comedy side.

youtube.com/watch?v=0cE1fzfOogo
Word.

This.

This. It's like American Psycho starring Nic Cage.

And this. Great film.

Also, Only Lovers Left Alive & Nosferatu

/thread

the one with cutie loli kirsten dunst. she's hot

you know it's true

Nightwatch / daywatch

but honestly those say the word vampire but really have nothing to do with traditional vampire lore.

Let The Right One In and 20s Nosferatu

Lost Boys
Vamp
Nosferatu
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Dracula
Near Dark

the rest are memes

>superior

literally a film that any normie can appreciate you fucking retard

stop pushing this meme pls

Patrician vampire flick incoming

The Room.

Dr Mabuse is in my general top 5.

Absence of dialogue is really not a problem even as it lasts four and a half hour (it's really two movies in one with an entracte if you want to split it). I still get thrills thinking about the stock exchange scene.

that movie was so fucking retarded and i loved every minute

it's brilliant

Flesh for Frankenstein was the better of the two

Why do plebs always think that people "Pretend" to like movies?

Is the English version of let the right one in vastly inferior?

Yes. It was unneeded. The director said his version wasn't a remake but his own vision from the novel, but some of the scenes are filmed exactly the same

I thought it was good, but it didn't have an audience. The long takes with next to no dialogue and reliance on music makes it cool for silent film fans, but silent film fans already have the original which holds up fine (with the exception of Van Helsing being underdeveloped). Vampyre doesn't feel like an improvement to me. Because of that style, it won't attract new viewers who don't have the patience for silent films and won't persuade anyone to watch the original who hasn't already done so.

While seeing a modern film in the style of something from the 20's is really cool, they probably should have tried it with an original or at least lesser-known story. I guess the other solution was to make it more in the style of other 70's horror films to attract an audience, but that would be pretty anti-kino.

good things about 90's Dracula
>Anthony Hopkins is GOAT Van Helsing

bad things about 90's Dracula
>literally everything else

Even that ending. "Oh hey, it's nice because he can be with his beloved in Heaven." Wasn't the whole point of him becoming a vampire because he was pissed that she went to Hell for killing herself? So either they're together but in Hell or separated for the rest of eternity.

As an organist/organ enthusiast I was able to enjoy the fuck out of it for the genius as fuck music

The Man Who Laughs
Not horror, but grotesque MC and really good story. Stars Conrad Veidt who I believe was the somnambulist in Caligari.

Phantom of the Opera and Hunchback of Notre Dame are essentials, though I haven't seen the latter since I decided to read the book first (I don't have any recollection of the Disney movie, so it's new to me). Both star Lon Cheney, who did all his own makeup effects and is really expressive without speech since both his parents were deaf.

I've been getting into these for less than a few years, so I'm also looking for recs as well. I've already seen many of the well-known horror ones.

best film experience i ever had was a back to back showing of Nosferatu (with an actual organist doing the music) followed by Shadow of the Vampire

this is the best acting i've ever seen by a woman, breaks my heart every time

Near Dark is superior vampire kino

Neon Demon definitely deserves an honorable mention. It has completely revitalized the vampire genre, which has been so bastardized by young adult fiction, from its stagnation into a modern era. Although you could say the vampiric aspects of the film only exist in interpretation, it is important to note that Refn was in fact heavily influenced by directors like Terence Fisher, and the vampire exploitation film Planet of the Vampires.

>directed by a woman

D R O P P E D

american psycho was directed by a woman