Dark Tower

>Black Roland
>this goatee motherfucker
cry quietly

He's a big guy

Wandering alone in a desert for several decades is no excuse to not keep your hipster beard in pristine condition

Isn't everything past the first Dark Tower book shit?

The costume itself is great
but it really needed a different kind of person
I can hear him speak the baltimore nigger "I am not your yo" talk

actually book #1 is kinda meh
like rambling of some high school student

Book #2 and Book #3 are where things pick up and that are really hard to be put down. They are one of the best "thriller/action" books written

Book #2 is the best of the series

but what about changing susannah into a white chick?

>but it really needed a different kind of person
>I can hear him speak the baltimore nigger "I am not your yo" talk

Or he could use his british accent, not everybody is Will "one note" Smith

Youre a retard bruh, watch luther. He can actually act

Just read the first book. Feels like it should have been 5x shorter than it was. I hope the TV show cuts out a lot of the boring shit.

>150 page book
>should have been 5x shorter than it was
Hows that OCD treating you senpai?

we will see
sure he can act, and for some roles he was absolutely amazing
but seeing him up there, clean, well I am not feeling roland from him one bit

>Black Roland
Fine fuck it, if that's what it'll take to get this thing made whatever
>he's clean cut with a goatee
>everything he's wearing looks new
They're having a bunch of dumbass hipsters make this aren't they?

I'm guessing he's gonna have some difficulty remembering the face of his father

>start 2nd book, it's suddenly set in contemporary time
dropped

>Not hazel but a blue the color of fading Levis.
>Eyes that were chilly, precise, unexpected marvels of calibration.
>Bombardier's eyes.

>Being so autistic that you get triggered by the colour of an actors eyes

they are mentioned through out the book so many times... they are quite defining characteristic
and I liked the language describing them in that snippet

Dont think that even if they had white actor with fittign blue eyes it would play much role in the movie

What exactly is hip about a goatee?

>actually book #1 is kinda meh

Filler > Kill tull > filler > meet jake > filler > kill jake >filler > book end. Boring book.

I would actually agree that it's overrated. Shit goes bananas in books 2 and 3. 4 was really great, but really could have used a better editor. King clearly took way too much time writing the book. At one point he forgets which character had which colored hair and messes up.

If he would kill the guy at the begining, the one with the raven/crow
just for the sake of a good night sleep, to feel safe, and refreshed because his pursuit needs him like that...
that would be a god damn good start of a book
instead roland is kinda goodie two shoes, luckily we got narrative in the books
in the movies this all might translate terribly cliche way

Well I highly doubt they are going to have a character stand there and describe his eyes like that, so it really doesn't matter.

I always loved #1 and #4. king could've written an entire series just dealing with roland growing up and doing whatever he was doing before he actually caught up to the man in black.

The first one pretty bland. The next two are fun page turners with little substance to them. The fourth is stephen kings masturbatory fantasy that goes on for way too fucking long. I never read the others but I heard they were even worse so I don't think I missed out on anything

Official rankings

The Wasteland
Gunslinger
Drawing of the Three

>Power Gap

Wolves of the Calla

>Really Big Power Gap

Song of Susannah

>Marianas Trench of Power Gaps
>Another Slightly Bigger Power Gap

Dark Tower

>Not Counted Because It Doesn't Even Matter

Wizard and Glass

>The next two... little substance to them
>The fourth is stephen kings masturbatory fantasy that goes on for way too fucking long

you cant win with this tard

>The Wasteland
>above the drawing

oh yeah, if you like large cybernetic bears that die when you shoot antena on top of their head, that no one ever think of shooting
or the start of forever bashing in the readers head the idea of being destined and born with skilled gunslinger bullshit and Ka and all that noise

it was decent, but Book #2 was clean, logical, characters felt real and interesting, and situations while crazy felt like they adhere to the set rules.

Idris was great in luther, hopefully he can pull it off but his costume looks like shit

I'm never going to get over this.

I wish I could machinegun SJWs and niggers into mass graves.

are you fucking retarded? Wizard and glass was the best one.

It has nothing to do with the Dark Tower story and Roland is a complete idiot in it. You can skip the whole thing and lose nothing.

There is no need for namecalling friend

He looks too clean cut.

Should have left the grey hair. It would have made him look more like a wanderer who doesn't give a fuck.

Otherwise, the costume is okay.

>wolves of the calla
>firing two revolvers
>despite losing the first two fingers of his right hand at the start of book 2

You just don't enjoy reading all that much it sounds like.

yes

>instead roland is kinda goodie two shoes, luckily we got narrative in the books
>roland
>goodie two shoes

Bait? He massacres a whole town, including kids and the girl he was banging who was being used as a hostage (I think the shitty revised version makes it more justifiable). And he lets Jake fall to his death to get to the man in black.

Getting his new posse of gunslingers together in books 2 and 3 mellows him out a fair bit, but he's still pretty ruthless and MUH TOWER right to the end of the series.

>mfw they make a joke about Roland not being a white Clint Eastwood style cowboy at the fans expense in the first movie

>wolves of the calla
>not right at the bottom

That was the book that ruined the return of Father Callahan by also throwing in him finding a literal copy of 'Salems Lot and the whole YOU'RE ALL CHARACTERS IN A BOOK fourth wall breaking shit.

Actually, now that I think about it, Dark Tower might actually be worse, just due to the whole "the ka-tet has to save Stephen King from getting hit by that van" cringe-inducing subplot.

>mfw I get mad about things that haven't happened

Wolves is definitely the start of it going bad but at least it starting off good. Song of Susannah was all bad and Dark Tower was like 90% bad.

>spend first 30 pages wrapping up the stupid cliffhanger from the previous book
>flashback out of nowhere that basically amounts to 700 pages of roland fucking his oneitis and being an idiot
>still manages to end in an even dumber and more disappointing way than the previous book

>spend first 30 pages wrapping up the stupid cliffhanger from the previous book

RIDDLE TRAIN is pretty much the dumbest villain and worst cliffhanger ending I can remember ever reading. What the actual fuck was he thinking.

I dont even remember what happened in books 6 and 7, if there ever was a literary full retard, its this. Previous books were a simple, likeable adventures of a grimderp cowboy
Book 1: grimderp cowboy travels across the desert
Book 2: grimderp cowboy travels across the beach
Book 3: grimderp cowboy and his pals travel across Mad Max
Book 4: grimderp cowboy tells about his wacky adventures of youth
Book 5: Why
Book 6: What is happening
Book 7: Just end it senpai
Book 7 Coda: Why did you end it senpai

Book 5: Grimderp cowboy fights Dr. Doom with dinner plates
Book 6: Grimderp cowboy fights were-rat vampires
Book 7: Grimderp cowboy literally erases the bad guy from existence

I just remembered.
There were literal Doombots in the books.
Fucking Doombots.

Wielding literal lightsabers and throwing literal Harry Potter Snitches.

With bombs shapped like quidditch ball thing.

>january release

this shit's gonna bomb hard man

Now I want Wolves of Calla to have a movie, nignog protag or not. It'd be hilarious to watch.

I cannot stand the black-washing. So much of the character development between susannah and ROland revolves around race in the drawing of three (and comes back in Songs...).

But Elba can fucking act and I will reserve judgement. My only suggestion:

please please please please just give him Rolands bombardier blue eyes. Give him contacts. Just do it. Hell, it could even add to an unspoken aspect to the backstory of Gilead.

Just give Roland the blue fucking eyes that were mentioned in every single book. Please.

[Spolier] also, if King is reading this - great work on Stranger Things. You should work with del Toro more in the future [/spoiler]

Shut up old fat fuck

>So much of the character development between susannah and ROland revolves around race in the drawing of three (and comes back in Songs...).

Very little of it does.

5'9", 165
but I guess 38 is pretty old, so I will concede that point. Was that the best you could come up with?

I disagree. There is no way you can argue the beach scenes and Detta's desire to kill Roland did not have a solid basis in her earlier development.

Early yes. Long term no.

Point taken. But Detta doesn't disappear after the drawing of three, and you cannot deny that character's many defining characteristics are not with her each time she appears in the later books.

That just further adds to my argument. Detta is largely irrelevant as the story goes on so the racism is largely irrelevant.

Since when did Stringer Bell turn into Omar?

I'm not trying to beat you at an argument.

I understand where you are coming from and, for the most part, I agree. My belief is that one of the core components of early Susannah / Detta's character is her hatred. Her journey away from that hatred is exactly what takes the once fractured persona and allows her transformation which becomes so important to the later novels. By the way, I disagree with you that Detta becoming "irrelevant" as the story progresses, she is a defense mechanism that is no longer necessary because of the strength found as a gunslinger.

I don't disagree with what you are saying, I just think different things when I read the books.

And that's fair. And if the racism is still important they can just focus it more on Eddie for mostly the same results.

Is it bad that I've read all the books and I don't know who half of these fucking character are?

I read the wiki for these books.
Based on what I gather, please tell me if I am right or wrong:

1. this was an adventure series. by that, i mean that what drives the story is that stuff keeps happening on the way to a place and that is where the entertainment is derived from - along the way, they see stuff for them to conquer.
2. he wrote the first story on a whim based on a cool idea and it took off because it was open ended and because he's a good writer
3. he made everything up as he went along
4. the story ended in a place probably completely different to what was intended or what seemed plausible based on the first book
5. he stole the concepts of a bunch of things he liked from pop culture to put in his books (lightsabers, snitches, song titles, etc) the same way CWC stole pikachu and sonic to make his 'own' creations
6. lampshade deus ex because while it sounds lame on paper it was probably cool to read about; most of the enjoyment of these stories came from things like that as well as speculation and enjoying the ride including reading the books and waiting for them

1. Yes
2. Basically
3. Not entirely true. He had the broad strokes down just needed to fill the details
4. Only slightly. It was rushed because of his near death experience but the basic plot is all still there
5. The story is about stories all being multiverses and shit so it's not implausible to have things from other stories
6. Call me an idiot but I literally don't know what you're saying here.

but then her hatred would not be for her eventual ka-dinh, it would be for another member of the ka-tet. I think that small change, even if it seems unimportant to you, belittles spoiler]Susannah's journey and Detta's eventual disappearance[/spoiler].

Just my opinion.

It belittles it a little, not enough to annoy me.

Ok, I can see that. That one aspect though, for whatever reason, was an important bit of character development for me. She had to find the strength to turn against her greatest hatred in order to be lead by and to be a part of someone and something that was once unimaginable to her. This is what truly made her a gunslinger. I appreciate you taking the time to give me a different perspective though.

>Alex McGregor - Susan Delgado

Who's surprised these kikes are going to do this?

What did he mean by this?

and not to belabor a point but we end up seeing this same strength when Eddie realized what his relationship with his brother truly was and when Jake realized the root of his fear of abandonment for what it truly was . The drawing of three was 3 people, each burdened with a hatred, each overcame that hatred to become a true gunslinger. Just like [spolier]Roland did.

Stop using the spoiler tag like an annoying prat.

>stop using the spoiler tag

Are you also going to be mad when the movies don't feature a black woman vaginalocking a demon while screaming in ebonics?

Or when said black woman becomes a ninja throwing razor sharp plates and fighting off robots

>Mantlet

Opinion discarded

Severely underrated.

Dat forced interracial relationship

"Filler"
Called world building nig nog

Pro-tip: The book already had a "forced interracial relationship"

I agree familia. It was a good story. It was a better story than the actual series as a whole.
>Roland as a young kid fresh out of becoming a gunslinger
>goes on mission with his friends
>falls in love
>fucks it up
>his love dies because of his fuck up and turns him into the cold ass nigga Roland.

Way better than saving literal stephen king in his own book or the god awful fucking sneech bullshit from Harry Potter.

Nah everything past book 3 is shit

>forced
so you didn't even read the books
>"forced"
so you didn't even understand the books

There's a reason I used quotation marks. It implies it's not true.

if you say so

I do. I just did. Thanks for following.

Who would you rather play Roland?
From what I've seen casting a black guy is the least of this production's problems.

I'm totally fine with this, and I like Idris. I'm a little curious as to what they're going to do with honkey mahfah!

Absolutely.

Not everything, but each book, considered as a whole, past 4 is definitely shit.

At first I was annoyed because detta is my favourite character and I was worried how it would effect her character but now I don't care because the movie looks shit.

actually, by quoting the poster's intention that (and I quote) "The book already had a 'forced interracial relationship'" - you seek to agree that was in the narrative and are trying to prove it was already obviously present in the original story. It seems like your point is more like "lol it was always there and you didn't even get it."

I'm just trying to make the point that referring to Eddie and Susannah's multi-thousand page relationship story might be a little more nuanced than whatever you think can be summed up in a three word quote.

Wizard and glass was so awful.

Read Wolves of the Calla. Wizard and Glass will seem like the greatest story ever told.

forgot to post this pic

Fuck he would have been perfect for the role.

I want to see the lobstrosities

Idris is a great actor you fucking autists lmao

Movie is gonna be based as fuck

I doubt they will even add detta in, which makes me sad as she's my favourite character. I love her ruthlessness and how she's like a feral dog.

Did-a-check which book they're in? I'm pretty sure they're in Drawing of the Three, not Wolves