Med fags get the fuck in here

Med fags get the fuck in here

I had Strabismus Surgery last month (28th Feb) everything going fine, ran out of eye drops im supposed to take for 4 weeks about 2.5-3 weeks into recovery.

Thought there's no point getting any more as it felt fine, no discomfort or nothing.

Past two days some minor discomfort has came back, and more redness compared to how much redness there was Last week.

Noticed these two elevated white bumps on my eye.

Absolutely fucking shitting myself that this might be infected, I've been researching all complications for the past two hours, so I don't need all this "yep, eye cancer" bullshit. It does say that you may get small blisters after 3ish weeks that can cause minor discomfort, however I'm just so fucking paranoid I can't help myself, I've been debating going to A&E and alll that.

I'm English, so it's 10 o'clock at night right now, I can't go and see a doctor until tomorrow, if I can get an appointment tomorrow anyway. But what do you think of this?

Other urls found in this thread:

healthcaremagic.com/premiumquestions/What-causes-small-round-white-spot-in-eye-after-strabismus-repair-surgery/92805
youtube.com/watch?v=Q8fqDnJMzn0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The odds of an infection in the first week of surgery are 1/20,000, never mind 3 weeks in, so that makes me feel better. There's also the possibility of getting these small cysts that go away in a few days on their own, which cause discomfort which would explain the redness. Any ideas?

go to a medical guard, that's look bad

When doctors give you a duration for drops or medication, it's better following their instructions.

Don't you have some late-night pharmacy or doctors? They should be able to help you. Don't mess with your eyes, dude (and...nice eye color !!)

The eye drops I was on are called Maxitrol, I don't even know if I can get these in an ordinary pharmacist I might have to go to the fucking eye hospital again. Pls help

Nope, where I live there's nothing besides 24/7 Accident and Emergency but I don't think that's necessary.

If dubs pop them with a sterilised needle

The redness is supposed to be like that, I only had the operation3 weeks ago. It's the little bumps I'm concerned about.

What is a medical guard?

It's necessary, just go. Better safe than sorry.

If you're worriying that much it IS an emergency to me, and you ran out of drops. They should be able to give you your drops, or give you something else which could help you wait until tomorrow. Plus, if you don't know if it is an infection or not, you should see them. Better safe than sorry !

Go to the fucking er right now Op.
Go.
Get off of Sup Forums and just go.

Call the doctor, send pic. No need to go there at first, we have phones...

healthcaremagic.com/premiumquestions/What-causes-small-round-white-spot-in-eye-after-strabismus-repair-surgery/92805

his link has long explanation .couldnt be assed to read myself.

Maxitrol is a steroid, and taking it for 3 weeks is dangerous unless you have your eye pressure checked regularly. Coming off it won't do any harm but it's likely the steroid was reducing the redness until you stopped taking it.

Don't panic, just go back to the eye doctor.

What's your story user?

Do you know what kind of strabismus you had?

I'm curious because I developed strabismus my freshman year of high school and to this day wear prism glasses which I fucking hate, I want to get the surgery so bad but I don't know the cost or if insurance covers it.

I have double vision, but anything up close appears as a single image, also my eyesight is horrible.

How bad was yours, how was the surgery, and is it worth it?

i hope you go blind

>Engrand
>No night hospital
>Can't get appointment

How's your healthcare system, mate?

I called the NHS Out of hours line, they told me it doesn't sound like anything immediately serious, and to wait until morning to get some more eye drops. Still paranoid as fuck though Jesus Christ

My visions been perfect all my life, I just didn't have binicoular vision. I've never suffered with double vision or anything like that, the surgery was purely cosmetic and nothing else.

I had adjustable squint surgery I believe it was called, you should try to get it done yourself. Worth it definitely.

There is night hospitals, just none near me.

You can get an appointment, just usually the next day or the day after that which I can't wait

It's not just a steroid though, it's an antibiotic. Which stops infections. I'm worried that because I stopped taking these last week I may be developing an infection

A growth on the white part of the eye is most often diagnosed to be either a pingueculum (non-cancerous, white-yellowish in color, slightly raised, may not cause discomfort but can cause irritation or increased tears) or a pterygium (also non-cancerous but can grow larger and result in irritation). Usually dry climate or exposure to ultraviolet rays results in their appearance.

Yeah I read that off the link that guy posted, this kinda makes sense. I walk to work every morning in the cold, my eyes often feel rough when I eventually get there. Kinda made me feel better

I've just googled those things aswell and they look near enough exactly like what I've got. One time Sup Forums has actually helped me

glad I could help

I developed a lazy eye when I was a child, under 5 years old I think I was. Probably due to the fact you developed it so late in life your vision went all fucked up, my brain must've just been used to it. My right eye turned in, with my left being straight. It wasn't very majorly, a lot of my friends said they couldn't even notice it, I think they were just being polite though because I could see it loads on photo's and afuff

Thanks, it is a big self confidence killer, but I remember when I wore contacts just how sore my eyes got because everything was doubled, if I focus really hard things can't togeather as one, I got the worse migraines due to my eyes.

Honestly I didn't want to believe it when I first noticed pictures, friends start asking "what are you looking at?" And this one best friend of mine called me a "crossed eye fuck" which was in good sense, but still hurt nonetheless. Hurt me more confidence wise then anything, and I couldn't believe cross eyes could develop, pictures of me as a kid should my eyes straight, I'm sure my crossed eyes have something to do with this large nerve that delvoped in my eye that they claimed was harmless.

The 2 antibiotics stop common infections like conjunctivitis. Your raised dots are not this - they're more likely to be corneal blisters.

Go to a fucking doctor you absolute retard.
>Have medical issue post surgery ON YOUR FUCKING EYE
>Uhuhuh Sup Forums wat do I do?!?
Are you 16?

Your only choice at this point is to remove the eye. Make sure to post pictures.

this is what happens when you let your herpes infested boyfriend shoot cum in your face, OP.

I have no sympathy for you

Yeah, it really does fuck your confidence up. When meeting new friends that are the same sex I couldn't really give two fucks but with girls I was an absolute shit show, I can talk to girls great no problem but there was absolutely no eye contact at all, and I couldn't get into anything serious because I was that anxious they'd always be focusing on it or it would turn them off me. These past 3 weeks I've never felt better, can look people in the eye while I'm in work and I can talk to girls

You should try and look into it, it's definitely 100% worth it bro

So far I'm pretty certain it's either a blister, or a Pterycuel or whatever it was. I've looked into them both and it seems this way, that's enough to get me asleep tonight without thinking I'm going to wake up blind

If it was a medical issue with no apparent reason I can find on the internet I would've been at the A&E hours ago, it's due to the fact there's multiple reasons for it I wasn't sure what to do.

Yeah, I got into many fights in high school over kids trying to fuck with me. Even though it's irrelevant it actually got me abit of a reputation and people knew not to say it to me after a few years. I fucking hated it, the only thing that could trigger me so hard I'd lose my shit

Sounds great man, prism glasses make my eyes look normal, but glasses themselves fucking suck.

Just wanna be able to see normally, people don't realize how something so common like seeing normally can be taken for granted.

Yeah I know, before I got the operation done I was on Botox injections that temporarily straighten your eyes for about 2 months, maybe look into those?

Why are you asking on a tahitian comic book forum about whether or not your eye is going to explode?
GO to the fucking emergency room. Yesterday.
PS, I'm a doctor. I don't fuck around with eyes. You only have 2, they're important, and if everything doesnt' work perfectly with them, you're fucked.
Go to the ED.

It's nice to hear other people's stories, I've never talked to or met someone with eye problems before.

I remember my eye doctor talking to me and my mom about it, and because he didn't use words like "crossed eyes" my mom didn't understand, probably also had something to do with the eye doctor just recommending prisms and not therapy or surgery, I wish I would've made a bigger deal out of it, and I've never spoken about it to anyone just because I don't want people to feel bad or look down on me, it's a uncomfortable topic for me, shit my girlfriend doesn't even know about it.

ive heard of therapy and surgery and Botox too, I'd do whatever it takes to correct it. Wish I had the balls to bring it up when I was younger, but my doctors just made it seem like prisms were the only solution available, the only reason I wish I brung it up when I was younger is because I knew my mom would've paid for it, but now that I'm on my own the only thing holding me back is money.

I don't know many people with the problem either, met a few like. You'd think it's rare but statistically it's really not, it's just the scale of the problem that varies.

I've never heard or read of anything saying someone has developed a lazy eye in high school though, that sounds really perculilar. Most people get it before they even develop ability to see through their eyes simultaneously (before you're fucking 1 years of age) it must've been something that started it, but if they can move your eyes the way the prisms do you should be perfectly fine to get the operation done. The actual operation itself isn't even that bad either, very uncomfortable but that's what you'd expect.

It's fucking sad how you have to pay thousands of dollars for this stuff. I got it for free based off an anxiety problem on the NHS in England. It's a shame people have to deal with medical problems because they haven't got the money to correct it

Yeah man shits bizzare as fuck, honestly the worst type of luck, especially developing it in the worst time of your life when people judge you on the color of your shoes. I know for a fact that my left eye sees better then my right eye, but I don't think that would cause crossed eyes, also around that same time eye doctors thought I had glaucomia because of a nerve they thought was growing bigger and bigger but it turned it just to be large and not growing.

This one kid who I know in middle school had the same problem as me, eyes straight, but in high school I swear to god they both turned as far in towards his nose as possible, everytime I saw him my eyes got waterery just imagining how bad they must bother him, he was always rubbing them n shit.

Yeah man I live in the medical capital of the USA and shit will still set me back thousands, kinda fucking sucks because I'm a student that's paying bills while working minimum wage.

seen this before... gonna end up fucked like this... sorry op

youtube.com/watch?v=Q8fqDnJMzn0