Where I live (Georgia, USA)...

Where I live (Georgia, USA), you can't purchase alcohol from a grocery store/liquor store until after 12:30pm on Sundays. In my county, there is a law that makes it impossible for a liquor store to ever open.

What kind of people are the ones supporting this? Like what are their actual arguments? inb4 hurrr da south is stupid bible thumpers....I get that. But when it comes to legislation, they're not just pointing at the bible to win arguments and pass laws.

God damn it I'm worked up here, guys.

pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sQgbxGI_mqE
forbes.com/sites/walterpavlo/2013/11/18/fraud-thriving-in-u-s-churches-but-you-wouldnt-know-it/#7140d870d9d4
chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-judge-rejects-rastafarian-faith-as-defense-in-marijuana-case-20150518-story.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>But when it comes to legislation, they're not just pointing at the bible to win arguments and pass laws.

They do.

>But when it comes to legislation, they're not just pointing at the bible to win arguments and pass laws.
Yes they are, and they get away with it because the rural trash are too stupid to know what's good for them.

Where I live you can only purchase beer and wine on Sundays, you can't buy hard liquor.

In Minnesota you can't buy liquor in a grocery store, except 3.2% beer. Thankfully though they just changed the law to make liquor stores ok to be open on Sunday.

You need to come to Montreal. Legal drinking age is 18 and you can get beer anytime of the day at any convenience store. Theres even a 25hr store packed with molson 10 for $5. Thats CAD and for 1 liter.

But they literally don't. It's more that people vote because those bible thumpers won't reelect them. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just curious about the actual debate in favor of those bans.

>hurrrr rural people are stupid that's why trump got elected right guuuuuuysssszzz?

yawn
It used to be like that here, but we can buy liquor on Sundays now. Just not until 12:30pm. It's like why make us wait that long?

Good on you, MN.

That's awesome, mate!

A 25 hour store?!?!?! I'm jealous. We only have 24 hours in a day in Alberta. You French always have to be different eh.

If you need booze that early on a Sunday, you're an alcoholic.

Get help, faggot

Who buys liquor at 10:00 am on a Sunday

Theres actually a store called the 25 hr store. Its pretty neat, good selection of cheap alcohol.

Cry about it.

Here, you can't buy any kind of alcohol on sundays.

I tried to buy a 6 pack Saturday night at 12:05 AM (So, barely Sunday morning) and was turned down.

why can't you buy it on the rest of the days of the week?

That is pretty cool.

>I'm just curious about the actual debate in favor of those bans.

Sundays are for church and family. Your degenerate ass shouldnt be getting drunk. You should be worshiping Jesus and spending quality time with your wife and kids.

We need to take Seperation of Church and state off the books. What kind of Anti-American traitor came up with that?

There should be Sate-Mandated Church attendance on Sundays, also.

Not everyone is Christian. My faith is getting drunk on Sundays from 7am. US Constitution protects my right to practice my religion. Christians shouldn't be able to tell me what to do.

>There should be Sate-Mandated Church attendance on Sundays, also.

Im all for it. Technically that wouldnt be illegal so long as you got to pick your religion and church.

Funny enough your "religion" isnt an actual religion, and there is nothing stopping anyone from ruling as such. Ask the Pastafarians how nicely the courts were to them when they tried the whole "but it IS a religion and you cant tell us otherwise"

You loony Christians and your silly nonsense.

It's nice to know you're all in the same place on Sundays. Easy targets.

You don't get to say one made up fantasy is religion and another is not.

Sure he does. Because his made-up fairy tale is the most legitimate.

It says so right in that book that was written 200 years after the contents happened.

Nobody said anything about Trump but rural people being stupid is observable fact.

Many scientists and engineers from the original Bell Labs that invented the transistor were from rural areas.

If God doesn't exist, who wrote the Bible?

Checkmate, Atheists.

I guess J.K Rowling doesn't exist. I guess Dr. Seuss doesn't exist. Get a brain morons.

Actually, yes you do. Its been ruled on multiple times. Beyond that, freedom of religion does not over ride the law to begin with. IE Rastafarians are not legally allowed to possess marijuana whenever or wherever they want in states it is illegal. You are living in a fantasy world

Hello Dillion Roof. I didnt know they let you have internet access in the prisons isolation wing

On a side note, yes please keep making comments like that. You help prove the "degeneracy of anti religion" with every word you utter

Calling rural folks "stupid" is what got Trump elected.

Call them "uneducated" and help them pick themselves up when all the coal and farm jobs were gone.

I'm a liberal and this name-calling shit is why rural folks hate us. They would otherwise love liberals if we made efforts to help them too.

Which rulings, exactly?

Feel like pointing to some case law?

>Calling rural folks "stupid" is what got Trump elected.

Its a big part of it.

>>They would otherwise love liberals if we made efforts to help them too.

Not very true. You will need to drop the LGBT support, support of abortion, and support of illegal immigrants as well. The idea that "farms cant exist without immigrant workers" is BS spouted by California factory farm owners who depend on the cheap labor.

It's. You're fucking stupid.

>"farms cant exist without immigrant workers" is BS
This is true, farms can exist without immigrant workers but produce becomes more expensive because you're paying workers legal wages. It's more important for all Americans to have access to cheap produce than it is that a small minority of rural filth get jobs.

Indiana fag detected

>Freedom of religion does not override the law

Is that because it IS law?

>LGBT support, support of abortion
Both of these tie into their religious beliefs. Anybody who allows their religious beliefs to dictate how they vote is stupid. Rural people are stupid.

South Carolina.

First thing that came up on Google. Id tell you to use google, but im sure you will just say the burden of proof is on me.

The idea religion is an automatic "dont go to prison" card is laughable and not supported by law in the least. Mormons go to prison for polygamy. Rastafarians go to prison for pot use, and Pastafarians have been ruled that they are just fucking whack jobs

I live in Georgia as well and hate this fucking law. Mainly because I'm an alcoholic Kek.

I'm not religious and I believe abortion is murder, so what do you have to say about that?

You're also stupid but for different reasons. I bet you believe abortion should be illegal while simultaneously believing that government is too obtrusive and should stay out of the affairs of the average person.

The south is primarily composed of Democrats and they always have been. Democrats tend to sway towards religion, abstinence all that bullshit. Slavery too can't forget that's who ran slavery for so long. Have fun with no licker op.

I wonder why Christian's don't go to prison for raping little boys.

The myth was started by factory farm owners who depend on the super low wages. Go to Iowa and count the number of Mexicans working in corn and wheat fields. Its dam near zero. Go to Oklahoma and do the same, its higher but not by much (most mexicans in Oklahoma and Texas for example work in slaughter houses)

Now go to a factory farm in California and count... you wont find an American citizen for hundreds of miles

Stop being an alcoholic and get to work.

Lots of smart people are from rural areas. They grow up, go to school, and move to the city to do great things with the other smart folks there. It's the ones that never leave Shitsville who are dumber than a box of rocks.

I didn't say it should be illegal, just that it's undeniably murder. Most abortions are black people.

So, keep it up, I say.

Please take a basic U.S. history class that touches on the state of political affairs in the late 1800s and early 1900s.

Onus probandi incumbit ei qui dicit, non ei qui negat

I mean the burden of proof has always been on he who makes a claim. Or does that not fit your narrative?

Religion has been and always will be a means for people to cope with their limited understanding of the world in which they live. Science is a similar field of philosophy, but is backed by what we currently understand about our world. Science is reaffirmed by repeatable experimental results. Religion is reaffirmed by circular reasoning.

Whichever you feel is most legitimate has most to do with the situation into which you were born.

No, it is because the law is the law, and if you want to claim some kind of exemption from the law you better have some dam good proof, solid case law behind you, and keep your fingers crossed the judge and jury dont call BS on your claim

People get murdered. A fetus is not a person. If they were people they wouldn't be literally attached to a person's body, sucking nutrients from them. That's a parasite, not a person.

What he said.

>Have some nigger pussy, you'll feel better.

Right... you cant be against murder unless you are religious. You also cant find something disgusting, sickening, and degenerate without a religion telling you to think that way either

I say again, it's more important that produce is cheap than it is that rural people have work.

Atl faggot here. You remember when we couldn't even purchase alcohol on a Sunday day? Must be a youngfag

Oh. I thought my state was the only one backwards enough to have that law.

Hey, I love niggers up here in the north ok. The south hates niggers. Why don't you just go outside for once.

boohoo.
here in texas, you can't buy hard liquor at all on Sundays. only beer...after 12pm.

Aren't corn and wheat easily harvested by machines unlike other produce which actually has to be picked by hand?

Religious freedom is protected by the Constitution.

A Muslim has as much a right to practice as does a Christian.

And it becomes a person when it changes location to outside the mothers body? At what phase? When it's 50 percent out, or all the way out?

Or is it when the umbilical cord is cut?

How about coma patients? They are reliant on machines to keep them alive and are not self sufficient.

If you were to go into a hospital and kill a brandead person who can't live without a breathing machine, would that be murder?

abortion IS murder. We dont need abortion laws. The act is already covered under felony murder laws.

hurrdurrr. Your banter is on the level of a drunk australian

Plus all drunk people do, especially day drinkers, is wander around breaking into cars, houses, raping children, murdering homeless, shitting in the streets, and getting into hard drugs and bringing the safety of everyone down

More lib fag shit that will finally kill the democrat party

youtube.com/watch?v=sQgbxGI_mqE
because of this song

>At what phase?
At birth, the part when you are no longer sucking nutrition from someone's body and your own normal bodily functions take over.

Nah that's niggers. White drunks just sit around the house all day.

Yeah, that's been working really well hasn't it?

forbes.com/sites/walterpavlo/2013/11/18/fraud-thriving-in-u-s-churches-but-you-wouldnt-know-it/#7140d870d9d4

>>inb4 Forbes is fake news.

I think most reasonable people would be more comfortable with pot smoking hippies than embezzling evangelical pricks that steal from the poor.

It goes back to the early seventies and the so called blues laws where it was illegal to not only buy alcohol on Sunday but toys and other things as well. In fact for the most part you could only buy food on Sunday. Then they relaxed it and made it only apply to alcohol. the reasoning is to prevent drunks in churches.

Of course fraud thrives in churches, the whole setup is perfect for taking money.

Why is that the standard for personhood? What does it matter if it sucks nutrients? Why does that make it not a person?

Also, I'd appreciate if you'd answer my earlier question.

If you walk into a hospital and pull the plug on a coma patient or similar, is that murder?

What's the difference? They aren't self sufficient.

Your problem is that you're a retard. You assume that there aren't bullshit laws like this everywhere. I can't buy a bottle of goddamn wine in the grocery store, and I live in NY state. When I lived in Alafuckingbama I could, but not in New York! There's stupid laws everywhere.

Yeah come to montreal where you get taxes on your taxes and liquor stores are state-owned and run by price-gouging jews.
But hey at least you're free to get fucked up the ass 24/7.

I'm going to the church of rastafarian

>Avoiding the question

i would argue until you are self aware but that wouldnt be until about 4 years old

dude

what if, like

What if a baby is being born

and is 90 percent of the way out

then you push it back in

and then kill it

Is that murder?

Rly makes u think huh

People occasionally wake up from comas. Remove a fetus from a womb before birth and it will not survive. Person v. parasite.

>Run by jews
>Cheap beer

I thought Jews were supposed to be tight about money

My "claim" is solidly settled law. Your "claim" is that none of that matters, ive got religion on my side

Your guac at Chipotle isnt a pressing national concern. Corn, wheat, barely, oats, oranges, tomatoes, etc are all harvested in majority white agricultural zones. Nuts and figs arent exactly American staple crops, nor are you going to find too many people on food stamps buying walnuts and kiwi

All US agriculture is 99% mechanized. You have to go to places like India to still find things like Strawberries harvested by hand

What part?

In my country you can't buy alcohol in stores after 9PM. And no hard liquor between opening hours and 10AM. Beat that, Amerifags. And for all of you saying I shouldn't be buying booze at a certain time... go fuck yourselves. Who are you to tell me (or the store) when booze is appropriate? Moralfags destroying liberty, that's who y'all are.

quebec has like the cheapest beer in canada

Again I implore you to provide evidence of this claim.

If not I will consider it your opinion.

What if the doctors say there is a 0 percent chance of recovery?

And premature babies are born all of the time, naturally and via c-section.

864, Satan

There was no question. Just a snarky comment you know, or should know, is false

Also, no, that is not my claim.

My retort to your claim is that your claim is false.

High school debate 101.

I live in atlanta and it's the same deal with the 12:30 shit on sundays.
Just stock up during the week.
At least it's not a commie ABC state.
In alabama it used to be essentially impossible to sell any other beer outside of what miller and Anheuser-Busch made.

try living in Maryland.... everything is banned/ taxed here....they fucking tax the rain here!

It was your own citizens that voted to pass the law that states what you can do and not do. Things like this are all bills put before the people. So your own friends and neighbors are the ones telling you when you can and can't.

>has like
I'm talking about liquor stores, not convenience stores.

>killing a bundle of cells no bigger than a pinhead is murder
you do worse than that every time you drink a beer or eat yogurt.

Took me forever to realize my town doesn't allow tattoo parlors or hooters

Then consider it my opinion. I already posted 1 article and I am not going to spend time on google looking up news articles on something that is common knowledge. This is a mongolian basket weaving forum not a dam term paper

864 as well

Get fucked

ctrl+f finds no .com links other than my forbes article.

The good news is that the type of people who tend to support these laws are usually older so after enough riff raff die off you may see change.

Texan here. No liquor sales on Sunday. Liquor stores oppose changing the law because drinkers are going to buy liquor Monday through Saturday. They won't gain any sales from being open an extra day. That's their rationale anyways.

>be from Japan
>can buy dirt cheap alcohol 24/7 365 a year
>from liqour stores, supermarkets, drug stores, vending machines on street corners
>no-one checks ID because everyone's trusting, I mean why would someone break the law?
>no-one acts like an asshole when drunk so there are never any fights or bouncers
it's breddy gud

well shit, in that case I am actually sorry. I apparently didnt post the article

chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-judge-rejects-rastafarian-faith-as-defense-in-marijuana-case-20150518-story.html

I thought I copy/pasted it in my comment

Found Booker's reserve for $35 in Tokyo.

Fucking #basedJapan