Has anyone seen this? I just finished it and it was pretty legit. Very tense

Has anyone seen this? I just finished it and it was pretty legit. Very tense.

also horror general

Other urls found in this thread:

limetorrents.cc/Spring-2014-LIMITED-720p-BluRay-X264-AMIABLE[rarbg]-torrent-6261402.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If that's the one where the guy ties his friend up for forced detox then yes, it's an amazing horror film.

>That ending sequence

That's exactly what it is.

But I messed up, I meant to ask if anyone had seen their next movie: Spring (2014).

>Spring (2014)
Oh really now....
Looking it up now bro

thanks man watching it now

Well fuck me. This looks good
Thanks OP, had no idea they had made another one. Looks like I'm gonna be watching this after UFC#201. Cheers m8

UFC 201 was a pretty gud event too.
You have a nice day ahead of you

let me know how you enjoyed it, if the thread is still around.

Yeah, love these dudes.
They get good dialogue, performances, concepts and, in the case of Spring, ridiculously beautiful women to act in their $250 indie flicks.

I'm trying to clear out my backlog but I keep adding to it.

Still eagerly awaiting a good rip of Neon Demon & Lights Out as well. The struggle is real, bro

the ending reminded me of cabin in the woods a lot

As a druggie myself I can say that the junkie portrayal was very accurate

I saw Spring. It's good. Don't go in expecting a horror film. There are supernatural elements, but the closest comparison I can think of are the "Before Sunrise/Before Sunset" movies.

Hmmm. Interesting.

Can't find it but I really liked Resolution so maybe I'll buy it from Amazon or something

I like it a lot...damn, not i want to watch it again.

Anyone wanna take a crack at explaining what the hell was going on in the second half of this film? The artifacts they were finding all around, the old guy in the trailer with the weird drugs, etc? I enjoyed it overall, but there was a lot going on in the background that I didn't understand

>Can't find it
You know I gotchu horrorbro
>limetorrents.cc/Spring-2014-LIMITED-720p-BluRay-X264-AMIABLE[rarbg]-torrent-6261402.html

Thanks user

You've made me happy

No prob
Thats why we're here

I'm halfway through. I like the slow pace and the subtle things whatever is leaving behind.

It's pretty neat. I like how it's a change of pace form Resolution

Yeah I'd be interested in hearing this as well cause I have no fuckin' clue

He's talking about resolution tho user

It's been a while since I've seen it but according to Wikipedia it was intended from the start that the supernatural force at the end is some kind of entity that manipulates reality to create interesting stories so all of the weird shit that started happening halfway through was probably the entity creating situations for the protags to become involved in.

Ah that makes sense. Like...a more subtle version of Cabin in the Woods? Like we're the entity and we're displeased at how the ending worked out for them?

That seems to be the implication when the guy asks "Can we try it again?" or whatever and the entity roars at them before it cuts to black.

It was Plebbit garbage tho

Bear with me.
The film introduces several different characters that almost seem to act as red-herrings regarding the weird shit going on throughout the film. We get an interior viewpoint & observe the main characters becoming self-aware that they are being watched. Each of these characters (the French guy in the trailer, the drug dealers, the indians, the bible thumpers, the satanic cult, the government, etc all offer possible paths this film can take; representing them as potential antagonists, i.e. the ones who are orchestrating this whole thing. It subverts the audiences expectations by disavowing all of them towards the end (the drug dealers are simply completing the arc/not driving figures recording them/summoning that 'devil?' at the end.

The main character Mike even goes as far as to begin charting out hypothetical scenarios regarding these red-herring characters. He references the "beginning, middle & end" throughout the second half while playing with the mirror. As he shifts the mirror it points to his (Mike's) face, yet only we (the audience) can actually see it. it only means something to us There are a few more small clues throughout the film that break the fourth wall including one time where the screen flashes and Chris looks directly toward us asking "what was that?".

The ending is literally the the audience rising up, set off by the apparent happy ending the characters have reached and demanding what we came there for. We rose up to stop the frequent missdirections & subversion of our expectations & created an ending we expected from a horror film; an ending that satisfies us & still allows the likable main characters to live.

(continued)

(continued)

I believe the entity was entirely the audience itself and I don't think it was necessarily guiding them toward a happy storyline or ending, but one that we the audience would feel satisfied with. So as they escape each ending presented, the we adjust our expectations and assume that if it was just another false ending, the real one is just around the corner and so we create another option to fill the gap.

tl;dr great film

I love that movie. Kind of reminds me a bit of Lynch movies in that strange things occur and the character just goes with it. Though I wasn't a big fan of the ending. Would have preferred something more ambiguous.

Damn son

He just copied and pasted a Reddit postb

I wrote that post m8
I didn't want to link it because the rampant xenophobia surrounding the R word when, ironically, Sup Forums has the exact same sensibilities

Well good analysis bruv

Thank you m80

Sup reddit!

Lmao found the triggered literal redditor

Tripfags aren't allowed to have opinions

Was good shit.

anyone have the tv recommended horror list png?

I think so but I don't have my pictures organized so give me a minute.

Awesome thanks. Bumping so we will stay alive

I may have been lying to you.

On accident though, of course.

I have this tho.

watching it now, thanks for the recommendation buds. kick ass poster too.