/box/ - Official Kovalev v Ward Aftermath

Stephen A. Smith Edition

Thoughts on the outcome of tonight's PPV?

Old thread

Upcoming
11/26 Lomachenko v Walters, BJS v Akavov
12/10 Crawford v Molina, Parker v Ruiz Jr, Joshua v Molina, Whyte v Chisora
12/17 BHop v Smith retirement fight, Povetkin v Stiverne
12/30 Inoue v Kono

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lt5k_QiV-JI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Old thread

>Being surprised a Russian boxer gets robbed on US soil, especially with the current state of things
I'm glad I went to sleep after watching some MOTD, no point in staying up past 5am to watch rigged shit

youtube.com/watch?v=lt5k_QiV-JI

What the fuck!?

Kovalev broke his right hand? Like Stevens?

Explains why both dudes stopped throwing after the 5th.

>hold
>hold
>hold
>hold
>hit the the back
>doesn't listen to the ref
>keep holding
>hold some more
>punch
>punch
>ref says stop again
>hit one more time in the back of the head
>gets angry when kov hits him in the head and acts like a bitch

thanks andre for making us bay area people look like dirty fighters and cheaters you piece of shit

I don't normally suggest people getting hurt or dying but I believe andre really deserves to get shot for how big of a cheater he is and an asshole and for being a straight up liar. But I guess it's that oakland shitter blood.

Great fight with a horrible ending. Fuck Ward.

Roc Nation rigged the shit for more $$ in the rematch. Ward just needed to be standing to win that fight.

im more disgusted with the hooker vs perez fight!!!

why do americans treat black people like kids?

Hooker was on his way to the church! He's a slick boy! He din get hit nuffin!

dead sport

this, at least the Ward-Kovalev fight was close and could've gone either way. Perez easily won the fight and theres no fucking way Hooker did anything to deserve the draw.

114-113, 114-113, 114-113

>round 10

You do know that it takes two to hold right? I mean you do know that don't you?

Is this new pasta?

i hope trump makes boxing great again! and ends this corruption. Boxing needs a league and good playback

Any UK people still around?

What did Boxnation have the fight?

i want to know what PaulMalignaggi said

Malignaggi thought Kovalev was going to win but he agreed Ward won (maybe even wider cards) and Ward will win in the rematch easily.

The vids are on Elie Suckdick's channel, but he splits them into 50 parts so I'm not going to link all of them.

>but he splits them into 50 parts so I'm not going to link all of them
fucking autistic faggot. His jew is showing. I bet dontae had the biggest orgasm of his life! and had hooker berly winning the fight

>but he splits them into 50 parts so I'm not going to link all of them.
This shit drives me crazy. DJVlad is notorious for this.
>one hour interview
>10 minute video here
>6 minute video there
>11 minute video later
>complete interview now

>all 3 judges give rd10 to black
rigged.

The UK broadcast all scored it for Ward

you can go back to /asp/ now, cuck rigpunch doesn't belong here. Sup Forums is MMA territory.

What's the score?

Judgebribe is not a sport. Take it to /asp/ and play with your fellow sports entertainment WWE-kin please

If you think the result was a robbery you Don't Know Shit About Boxing

>brits
>knowing anything about boxing

it hurts because its the truth

Did anybody else think Kovalev was really bothered by a body shot somewhere in the middle rounds? I remember Ward hitting him with a punch - left hook to the body I think - and suddenly Kovalev ran after him like he wanted to put his ass away on the spot.

ward got him with some body shots when he was clinching. He would clinch and then hook to the body.

Will whitebois ever recover?

not one fucking bar here in rural america showed the fight! i when to the bars an ask them all i got was "whos fighting?" fucking boxing is dead

For sure, but I'm talking about one specific punch. It wasn't in the clinch I don't think, my memory of it is that Ward hit the body from the outside and Kovalev made a beeline for him.

>takes two to hold
>andre was holding kov's arm multiple times

na

Well I've just watched the first 6 rds, only gave the 5th to Ward and a 10-8 in the 2nd, so Ward must win every rd from here. Huh.

>boxing

>tfw it's going to be months of "Ward is so skilled, a masterful performance with his hugs and bodyshots"

>great fight gets ruined by the judges

I love the sport but this is why boxing is dying.

You know who's never get robbed by the judges ? Boxers who ko their opponent. Simple as that

pathetic excuse for a pathetic '''sport'''

> great fight
> the state of boxing

lol, was worse than 115lb womens ufc.

What did he mean by this?

Close fight. Anybody with more than 1 round between them is smoking crack, including Harold. Not a robbery. I scored it for Andre from the Sky broadcast live and on mute during the rewatch. Kovalev's jab kept coming up short and he just couldn't find many clean punches after the 4th. Ward getting undersold because casuals don't notice body punches.

december 10th, dat choi becomes a real contender for the belt

>3 round to ward
nigga you serious?

Very eloquent, truly a science only smart people like him can understand.

#staywokeniggaz

SWEET SCIENCE MUH NIGGGGGGGGGGGUHHHHHH

*smacks lips profusely*

>UFC has Choi
>Boxing has GGG

Are South Koreans taking over the fight game?

Only GGG can avenge Kovalev's loss.

That's the average from 156 fan scorecards. I also scored it for him.

i bet you niggas had nonito donaire winning the fight last week too?

That's not my scorecard imbecile, it's the average from 139 different scorecards from people who use that app.

that's my exact scorecard

Kovalev really blew it in the mid rounds, Ward found his distance and was making him swing and miss while getting counters in. Last 3 rounds were tough to score.

just like twitter last week? lol

>landed more punches
>landed more significant strikes
>knockdown

Wasn't a robbery but a shit decision. Close fight but Kovalel won imo

Jesus, just read through last nights threads and Boxing threads when the casuals show up are genuinely horrendous.

Good posts, I gave Kovalev the 12th but that was it. Close fight and I believe the wrong decision but certainly not a robbery. Don't think there's any need for a rematch really, if anything Ward will be even better at neutralising him the second time round.

Think there were 2 deciding factors, firstly though Kovalev was still getting good work in during the second half of the fight Ward was making him miss a lot too which may well have made him look a lot worse than he was actually fighting.

Secondly you really can't underestimate the effect of the crowd on how you see a fight. When I was at Brook vs GGG for example I had Brook comfortably winning the fight on my cards from inside the arena before the KO. When I got home and re-watched the feed I was obviously pretty embarrassed by that but it's understandable. When the crowd is cheering any little thing one fighter does and ignoring the good work of the other it really has an impact. Have had similar things happen on multiple occasions, though never to that extent admittedly.

Huge shame Kovalev didn't get the KO, it was what boxing needed to salvage this horrible year. Good fight though but as I said, don't need to see it again I don't think.

>ufc

Nah, I'm not gay.

>all three judges were american
Clear bias against the Russian, boxing in America is a fucking joke

It was on Sky Sports

What were the scorecards for them?

they scored it because their boy Froch lost to him. Now they will claim Ward won 115-111 against Kovalev and 115-113 against Froch

Boxing judging everywhere is a joke to be fair, the fact tha the UK is considered better than the US and far better than Germany for fair results says a lot when you get results like the McDonnell vs Solis or Burns vs Relikh shithouse scorecards.

Yeah I didn't stay up for it either, the only way Kovalev wasn't going to get screwed over is if he KOd him

>all these salty bums mad that Kovalev got BLACKED

Ward won every round from the 3rd round and on

>I don't agree with you so let me call you a casual instead

The fight was close but Kovalev was clearly the winner.

What makes it a robbery and not just a bad decision is the judges scorecards.

my bad, 115-112

I dunno, I watched the HBO coverage on youtube just now. There was no way I was going to stay up until 5am to watch a potentially rigged fight

Lads!

Where can I download this shit?

The robberies happen far less often in the UK though. In the US and Germany it's a regular occurrence.

>Malignaggi
>1st round 10-10
>2nd round to Ward

Tell me if you think it's rigged afterwards.

>both gave Ward the 10th round

Really make you pounder

Ward won.

This is literally the Maidana vs Floyd fight. Too many casuals making up the vocal minority right now. Give it a month and it will be seen as a clear Ward win.

Ward outboxed Kovalev, the knockdown made the fight seem a lot more competitive than it really was

>Malignaggi's round 1
>10-10

Jesus fucking Christ

Oh my fucking god

>This is literally the Maidana vs Floyd fight.
Wrong on so many levels. This was more akin to Pac/Bradley.

>Tell me if you think it's rigged afterwards.
It definitely is

both 10th round to Ward*

>Kovalev was clearly the winner

Kovalev wasn't clearly anything, that's the point and if you believe otherwise you are indeed a casual. Ward's work was cleaner all night after the first 2 rounds, Kovalev was hitting Ward's guard a lot and missing every 3rd or 4th shot. Ward's work to the body on the other hand was consistent and his jab upstairs was snappy and far better placed than Kov's.

Kovalev's best work was far better than Ward's which is why you're rating him as the clear winner, and also how you've outed yourself as an obvious casual.

>casuals

Again with that word. Tell me boxing expert since when did you start watching boxing?

>there are """""people""""" ITT who actually think Ward won
No, just no. He won 3 or 4 rounds at the most.

>Pac Bradley

Virtually everywhere had that as a Pacquiao win but the same simpyl can't be said for this. Everybody but Lederman had Ward winning this fight, stay BLACKED

>spot the Froch fanboy

Ward BLACKED Kovalev and is now the P4P #1

Stay mad

Kovalev landed more punches and he landed the clearer punches.

You are showing your bias.

Yeah, you're not biased at all mate

not for 7 of the rounds he didn't

>wardcucks will defend this

Maybe, and maybe JUST about over the stretch of the entire fight, which is why as you may not have noticed I gave him the fight by a round. But to suggest the last 7 rounds in particular were clearly in Kovalevs favour is ridiculous.

To have either fighter winning "clearly" is obvious bias, not anything I have said.

creasing at the casuals saying ward didn't deserve to win

for

Going from punches connected each round it was 50/50, the knockdown in the second making it 10/8.

kovalev should have won

That big fat L next to his record says otherwise

Ward too Kovalevs belts AND his girl

>it's the ward dickriding nigger desperately trying to justify this disgrace
I was wondering when you'd show up nigger

Go back to Dontae's Boxing Nation, Kovalev was robbed and you know it

haha what