I want Sup Forums's opinion

I want Sup Forums's opinion.

I've finished school, I've got a solid job, and I actually have a decent income. I lived with my parents (rent-free) while I was in school, but I've been gainfully employed for the last 6 months, saving money, and I'm ready to GTFO the rents' house. Note: I can afford all of these, but I do have student loan payments, and houses require lawn care (which I would pay someone to do since I don't care about it).

What would Sup Forums do? A, B, or C? Explain if you wanna.

Pick:
>A) Cool AF loft walking distance from work, $$$ with ~725 sq ft

>B) Decent shotgun 2 BR house 15 minute drive away from work, but $200 less with ~800 sq ft

>C) Pretty nice/fixed up 2 BR house 20 minute drive from work, $50 less than (B), with ~1100 sq ft, in a kinda sketchy neighborhood

B you dumb shit

A

id go with A
why?
just because its in walking distance from your work. unless you can be sure your car will work 101% of the time then it will be a risk moving far away from work.

and also u named it first and said it was cool AF so i know u must really want that one above others.

I named them in order of distance from work, which also happens to be reverse order of rent amount.

Also, I said "cool AF" because it has personality. That's all. It's quite a bit more expensive, but will have no lawn care bills.

bump. Sup Forums help me out.

B sounds good though see how long it would take to walk to work just in case, see if you can't find some shortcuts or something to make it shorter. Is the pic related or just a random house?

B. A 15 minute drive is a joke. Here in texas my work is basically considered next door to me and it's a 10 minute drive. Fuck sketchy 'hoods, that shit is never worth. And that little extra space and less cost goes a loooooong way

Pic is a random house. I can't really walk to work from B or C in an appreciable amount of time. I'd just have to Lyft or something if I had car trouble (not a huge concern, but I guess it could happen).

looks like C is out for sure with 0 votes.

u got 3 votes for B
and 2 votes for A

how close are each property to entertainment / amenities?

15 minute drive on the freeway is at least 15 miles.

If your car gets 30 mpg, that's one gallon of gas per day to live in B.

About 20 days a month * about 2 bucks a gallon (or whatever gas is for you now) is $40. So the advantage of B over A is only around $160.

For C, 1.3 gallons a day commuting, so about $53 a month. So the advantage of C over A is only about $197.

Ask around, but I bet lawn care is going to run you at least $30 a month.

They're all within a 15 minute drive from places I hang out, and WAAAAAY closer than where I live now with the parents.

Also, think about what your utilities will be. Water is probably included with the rent in the loft, but you pay it at B and C.

Heating and cooling is probably more in the loft. On the other hand, old/small houses sometimes have little insulation. (If you're in, say, coastal California, you might not care as much.)

both quite relevant

Go with B

Commutes tear up your car and burn gas. No one should pay a lot for a place less than 1000 sqft

B is the only good option

Keep saving and start thinking about investing or buying a place in an up and coming neighborhood

House, all day every day. It's an investment plus you can hire 3 backpage whores for a weekend fueled orgy whereas the other options will be looked down upon from your neighbors.

Don't listen to those faggots. They know nothing about investments.

get the house and if you are worried about the neighborhood get a ccw license (if required in your state) and a nice pistol

I can tell you don't live anywhere but your parent's house

No one is going to notice if you hire a hooker at an apartment. No one cares about their neighbors in apartments

This makes sense, sorta, in that B is "less wear and tear" on the car than (C), but not by a ton. In a couple of years I could buy a place near (C), which is slowly being gentrified. Buying near (B) is insane right now.

1. go to bookstore
2. buy total money makeover
3. ???
4. Profit.

Seriously follow dave ramsey's shit. Imma be totally debt free before im 40.

I guess you have shitty sex faggot(if any). I own a house btw.

A) final answer

Buy C faggot. Bought a house right out of college in shitty neighborhood. Almost done paying it off and planning to rent it out for additional income. No section 8 tho, them niggers gonna mess up your house.

This is all renting right? Not buying? If renting why would you pay extra for lawn care? I know if some places who do not do it for you, may have some in the contract saying how you need to keep it up. But fuck it, do the bare ass minimum and save the money. I just find it wired, have never heard of a renter paying on their own for lawn care.

>be 18
>already debt free
Wrong choice of words faggot, I guess I win then.

A)

Never understood ppl willing to drive 20+ minutes to and from work. Thats 40 minutes extra of unpaid time spent on your job. Each day.
That russles my jimmies.

B, no question about it.

Neither will B or C if you just fix the fucking lawn yourself you lazy nigger.

I have shitty sex because I don't think anyone cares if you have a hooker?

Wait, you're saying that hiring hookers from backpage and making them scream so loud that your neighbors think ill of you is an unavoidable circumstance when having sex in an apartment?

I really don't say this much, but you're fucking underage ban if I've ever seen it.

Hiring three hookers from backpage and fucking them in a house so no one hears is a child's fantasy

I moved out of my parents' house for a few years (with a couple of roommates and/or girlfriends in various situations), shit didn't work out in the industry I was in or with the people I was with, and I hated my job. So I moved back in with the parents, went back to school, found something I actually enjoyed, and here I am now, looking at living on my own, without roommates, for the first time. I don't hate where I am in life.

I don't understand your argument. Why am I a faggot?

Bro, you obviously have never had an orgy fueled by cocaine and alcohol. Just shut up please. I've had my fair share of experience of cops showing up at the apartment with cocaine everywhere to know better not to rent an apartment again.

>Sup Forums
>newfag
Faggot

I can't buy C because it's not for sale, and I've only been gainfully employed for 6 months. It's not like I have a shitload of extra money lying around. Buying takes time. I'm not retarded with my money.

Being able to walk to work is a huge perk. People are quantifying gas costs in here, but the wear and tear on a car from daily use will have associated costs too. You could save even more time from walking to work by riding a bike to work as well.

Studies have also shown that people are happier when they have shorter commutes.

But near C before the market inflates

Rent at B until you save up for a down payment. The lack of commute is a luxury you will appreciate. I guarantee that if you do the C commute at rush hour it's going to be painful.

tl;dr Rent B and save up for a fixer upper in a good locale for C

Building equity sounds lucrative, but don't forget that if the AC/Furnace craps out you might be fucked. Have some liquid money saved up and enough money for a 3% + down payment

I'd go with the loft. It's more than enough space for a single user. You can always sell it to the next recent grad when you're ready to up grade. Save your money. Unless you want a roommate. Other wise, I live in a 1100 sqt apartment. It's a 2/2 and it's way more space than I need, even with my girlfriend living here.

B so you can sit in the back yard and have friends over amd BBQ and have parties

Renters typically pay for the lawn (or mow it themselves) where I live. If the landlord takes care of it for you, it's usually included in the rent. I don't love it, but I understand why that's the case.

If you can't buy a house then it's a fucken no brainer to go with the loft.

wtf is wrong with you? how am i "newfag"

also, i've been here before greentext... and your greentexting wrong.

B
Put that extra $200/mo into savings.
Never C, unless you want your shit stolen.

Go with A all fucking day, nigga. It's the smallest but if you're living alone, who cares? It's right by your job and it is cool AF in your own words.

Is there a reason you need more space or a yard? Because if you need more space, you might as well go with C, because B is hardly any bigger than A. If none of this applies, just do A.

The party/guests angle is not unimportant. B is sounding better more and more.

So you've been to jail and possibly prison for felony possession then?

If what you say is true why should anyone take your advice?

I've had the police called on me at both apartments and houses. Pretty much equal amounts too.

Once again, you're advocating buying a house so OP can have orgies with backpage prostitutes while doing blow because doing the same in an apartment results (unavoidably) in the police being called.

If you aren't literally 12 then you are figuratively 12

You're not wrong. C isn't in a location where I'd be afraid of my shit stolen (it's even across the street from a church), but the area itself is very hit-or-miss. one house is nice/remodeled, and the next looks like a shitty crackhouse. It's gentrifying-but-not-quite-nice, which is why it's affordable.

OP here.

I'm kinda leaning toward (B). A lot of people have pushed (A), and I really like the "no car wear, no gas" angle, but I'm not sure if it will equal out to the extra rent, and I kinda like the idea of having an extra room for a music/guitar/office-type space. That said, having lived in a few different places, the floorplan makes a HUGE difference, in that if it's laid out poorly, it can constrict the space. A good floorplan with fewer sq. ft. might still give me the space I want.

Bump. Keep it going.

Nobody else?

Bump

OP here hoping for more....

B)

Here.
How's that?
But it's your choice, anyway, OP.

I had an apartment where I could walk to work for 3 years (before switching jobs). There's literally nothing better. Location location location, user. Go for that.

I think B is the best option. Any dissenting opinions?

Honestly, just keep living with your rents and pay off your debt asap. Your credit will skyrocket and you'll be able to get an even better place because of it. That's what I did, granted it sucked in the short term, but I'm better off now because of it

The x-factor in there is that I can't stand living with the parents any longer than is necessary. I need to get away, and I have a few options.

Renting is for morons.

Why live by yourself. Better to be closer with your family instead of moving away from them

C, cheapest, biggest, possible easy access to drugs, 20 min aint shit.
as for lawn care, put in a native meadow, they take care of themselves.

A) WALKING DISTANCE.

Cars and commutes suck ass. 15 minutes is actually pretty damn great. But if you can WALK? you're home whenever the fuck you want. Forget something? Go get it. Want lunch? What's in your fridge.

In short. Fuck commutes.

Bumping