Was it kaijukino?

Was it kaijukino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lBZsYceH4nM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I want it. I need it. I crave it. All over my body. And I highly doubt it will reach my hometown so it's either scouring the seven seas for a copy or waiting go-fuck-yourself-many years before it's on DVD.

I need to see this so bad. I couldn't enjoy the latest US godzilla. It gave me the worst case of cinematic blueballs since Monsters. Which also sucked. And was the same writer/director.

>hear it's coming out July 29th, my birthday
>super stoked
>come to find its only in Japan for now

Why are Godzilla movies so good at disappointing me? Is it just a nostalgia boner from playing Godzilla destroy all monsters:melee?

Stream with english subs where?

Most reviews are positive so far. The only negative review I've seen comes from stitaku and the writer sounds like an ADD child describing the film.

Why do Japanese hate Americans?

What did we ever do to them?

Nothing they didn't deserve user. Don't worry about it

The movie has to do with Article 9 in which the US won't allow Japan to have a standing army and only a defense force.

Watched it yesterday. It was good. Some thoughts (no major spoilers)

> no shitty personal drama. No one wants to save his wife and kids, impress the girl he likes, wants to prove that he can be a hero, etc.

> doesn't waste time. It actually begins with the appearance of Godzilla and the resulting chaos

> the meeting room scenes are actually pretty tense and entertaining. I like how the movie focused on the political aspects and decisions that are made in order to manage a situation like that

> The CGI looked pretty bad, actually. Not Asylum-tier bad, but still pretty disappointing

> ended on a weird and surreal shot, as you would expect from that director

Isn't this movie just going to be another character-centric human drama vs randomly attacking slow-moving unstoppable fortress?

Nobody cares about the fucking humans! Why can't they just incorporate fights like Pacific Rim? That's what people liked about the old Godzilla VS movies and the Heisei era movies.

>Shin Godzilla received overwhelmingly positive reviews in the Japanese media.[41] Japanese pop culture site RO65 called the film a "masterpiece of unprecedented filmmaking", feeling that the film retains a "strong respect for the fundamental message within Godzilla".[42][41] Oricon Style praised directors Hideaki Anno's and Shinji Higuchi's realistic approach and the film's reality vs. idealism themes, calling the film a "world class" Godzilla film.[43][41] Cinema Today called the film a "thrilling experience" and a "masterpiece", feeling that the film was a return to form similar to 2004's Dawn of the Dead.[44][41] Kazuo Ozaki from Eiga.com praised the film as well, stating, "Hollywood, even with all its money, can’t approach this kind of perfection"[15] while Koichi Irikura from Cinema Today called it a "birth of a masterpiece that boldly announces the revival of a Japanese Godzilla".[15] In contrast, Brian Ashcraft from Kotaku gave a mixed review and felt the film was a "letdown". Although he praised the film's special effects and social reflection of Japan, he criticized the film's depiction of the human characters, stating, "I wish the movie explored the relationships between the politicians and the researchers more instead of glossing over it" and concluded that "This isn’t one of the best Godzilla films ever made, but it’s certainly not one of the worst by any stretch, either. Godzilla Resurgence is a series of compelling ideas in a so-so Godzilla movie."[45]

No, the googly eyes made it into a straight comedic masterpiece though.

No one like American

Nuked them twice?

sounds good

it was war.
It was horrific, but it was war.

Your opinion is misunderstanding.
US is respected in the movie.

Did them a favor desu. The alternative would've meant genocide at the hands of Americans and Russian forces. Then they would've ended up a divided nation like Korea.

Japs are lucky they weren't exterminated for the shit they pulled. Instead the US rebuilt them, gave them democracy, and protected them from China, the USSR, and North Korea. They don't interfere with their foreign affairs at all, leading to Japan being one of the most peaceful and prosperous nations on earth.

Yet the japs are resentful of this. What a disgrace.

Again with this. The only thing that's kept Godzilla memorable and making money was battling and lasers. Why are they now trying to recapture the essence of the original and make something profound?

Evangelion already took deep philosophical quandaries and complex gripping performances to the nth degree. Godzilla can't pay the bills as an metaphor/stage piece for societal commentary. It doesn't have to be all out brainless action, but the manufacture of contrived award-bait needs to stop.

> US is respected in the movie

Yes it is. China and Russia on the other hand...

Shin-godzi is the movie which has dense information.
It is hard for common native Japanese to understand details.
I think foreigners who don't know Japanese domestic affairs might give disreputation.

>gave them democracy
This misunderstanding is producing middle east terrorism.

>Why are they now trying to recapture the essence of the original
Why not? It's as "Godzilla" as anything that came after it. If the ideas are compelling and as compatible with Godzilla as a concept as has been suggested by the reception, what's the issue?
>Godzilla can't pay the bills
Who the fuck cares? If it's a good movie, it's a good movie. If it isn't, it isn't.

China and Russia is better position.
UK doesn't appear...

Godzilla's turn is more than 2014 godzilla.

People expected the CGI to be on par with the 2014 movie?

They also were responsable for the shitty things in their culture like working themselves to death and them culture of shame.

>That's what people liked about the old Godzilla VS movies and the Heisei era movies.

>Showa and Heisei
>No character-centric human drama

Did you actually watch those movies?

Can someone summarize this movie for me?

tokyo gets fucked the fuck up

Godzilla vs military

>No one wants to save his wife and kids, impress the girl he likes
Wanting to save relatives is mentioned in the one scene.
Perhaps you couldn't listen lines.

What ever made you think this

Most of what i've read about the movie says it focuses more on how Japan reacts to disasters and crisis like the nuclear plant metldown and ho the pain and consequences of what they did in WW2 still haunts/effects their culture/society.
Most Japanese people love America though. Especially the younger generation. I'd say theyre on even better terms with us than Germany

same here. Sucks that no one had enough confidence in the movie to get it localized right away. They literally didn't even announce that it was going to be brought over to the US until reviews started coming in. I mean its Anno and Godzilla, youd think they'd be able to figure out that there would be interest...

Find the nearest city that's gonna show it and then do a big road trip. Make it an adventure.

Why is Godzilla and kaijus so cool Sup Forums

Japan and the Middle East are two radically different places

I've been a Godzilla fan for over 20 years now. I pray for the day I open Sup Forums and see a thread about NA showings of this movie.

You don't need to pray, it's happening late this year, albeit a limited release.

How long until RLM does a half in the bag episode about this kino?

spoilers
youtube.com/watch?v=lBZsYceH4nM

Thank god I live near NYC. I was able to catch a showing of the Godzilla(1954) there a few years ago.

>We did this

Ant infestation was getting out of control.

>yet the japs are resentful of this

yeah but not really

Probably only a small chance since they don't really do foreign films and it's not going to be out for over a year

The true Godzilla I loved died at the end of "Godzilla vs. Destoroyah". Ever since then it has been one underwhelming, inferior fanfictionish "inspired-by" Godzilla movie/design after another. I am next to certain that "Godzilla Resurgence" will do nothing to bring that "spirit" back. I find the Godzombie appearance to be repulsive to look at and most certainly not anything I want to admire, collect, display on a shelf, etc. I also do not like when he is made a villain, because that makes it absolutely certain that he MUST die at the hands of humans (which are the very last creatures I ever want to have to root for or see victorious in a Godzilla movie).

Nothing I have read or seen thus far from the spoilers makes me feel like I will enjoy this film as long as the once majestic looking Godzilla (1989 -1995) has his name attached to it. It will feel much more like a twisted perversion or corruption of a creature that I used to believe was so beautifully awe-inspiring to lay my eyes upon. Just like taking a noble, powerful looking lion and rendering it into a mangy hairless skeletal corpse.

It's Tokusatsukino

Is this a pasta?

You can find the translation for the movie on /m/ in the Godzilla threads.

It's done by one of their resident namefags who actually understands Japanese and the Japanese political climate.

It's a very "Anno" movie, to the point where Anno puts fucking Evangelion music in it and has a 2DEEP4U teaser

It's not pro right nationalist propaganda, people are just knee jerking because they don't speak Japanese and don't understand Japan's politics when the movie spends a lot of time taking the piss out of their right wing government while the Americans are portrayed as being very torn between the nuking, that there are some Japanese who want the nuking because they can play up to the international community for sympathy because they got nuked again, and Godzilla is only defeated because the Americans actually help.

I don't see why people dislike the CG, it makes the first two forms that much more unsettling to look at.

Does it? I'm nervous about it. The stuff in the trailers look great. A friend told me the CG early in the movie is meh, but that it gets better, but I read a review that towards the end of the movie Godzilla has some odd jerky movements and PS3 textures.

Makes me nervous man. I wish the puppet had worked out.

Here : Decide for yourself if this is "kino"

Duh, every clueless fag out there expects everything to look like the latest 100+ million dollar Hollywood CGI fest.

It's either that or it's branded an Asylum-tier crap flick, there's no stages in between, most people can only think in these extremes.

Yeah

human drama can be done right in Godzilla - gojira (54) almost had it, and the human elements were good in GvKK, Godzilla vs the Thing and Ghidorah. Arguable the human elements were the best part of Invasion of the Astro Monster. After that it pretty much went to shit though, except possibly Son of Godzilla (which my memory is hazy on since I've only seen it a couple times and it's been a few years since my last watching)

NANI

Better than the alternative desu

The alternative would have been slaughtering the entire population of Japan because of their nationalism and the deaths of many American soldiers.

They should be grateful, because if the war had continued, then to keep the American people fighting their war crimes would have become propaganda and considering how people reacted to the holocaust images and seeing just how far the Japs went in Asia, it likely WOULD have ended up a war of extermination.