/bhg/ BoJack Horseman General

I'm a bit late to the party but I just finished season 3. Thought it was the best yet. Feel free to share your thoughts.

Favourite season?
Favourite character?
Favourite episode?
Favourite gags?
Expectations for season 4?

>2
>Mr. PB
>s2e11
>Spy Shit bag, endless animal jokes, ringtones
>Bojack meets his daughter

this show is fucking trash cancer you aids faggot nigger kill yourself after you kill your friends who might also watch this show you normie fucking faggot

Thanks for the bump, friend!

3, Mr PB, Todd, JD Salinger, fish out of water, the background joke of "Every day is leg day" and i expect Season 4, or the opener being a funeral for BoJack and the only person their is Mr Peanut butter, because i think Bojack hurt the least

3, I honestly don't get how people can say two was more depressing, also the season flowed a lot better than season 1 and two and I think all the episodes were great and had great moments.

Mr. Peanutbutter, weird because he was my least favorite to begin with.

Let's Find Out, Fish Out of Water or Escape From LA.

The spaghetti strainer thing was great.

More depressing stuff but I feel it needs to get better for Bojack at least a little. Also Diane and Mr Peanutbutter's relationship will get even worse and probably get a divorce.

It's impossible not to like Mr. PB

Todd's anger with Bojack is poorly written, he turned the girl down and her and Bojack had a consensual one night stand
If Bojack is as toxic as Todd claims that even such a short interaction as that ruins a person then why is Todd still around, it makes him look hypocritical and like a leech which lessens the impact of his speech

The stuff with Penny was poorly written, nothing happened between them, she was the one who attempted to initiate things between them, but it's all Bojacks fault because they want to force him as a terrible person
The much lauded underwater episode undermines the idea of him being absolutely horrible though

The Diane and Mr PB arc was somewhat better until the stupid loldrugz non solution

PCs entire arc was pointless since it changed nothing, at least with Bojack himself it's a 1 step forward 2 steps back situation so there is actually movement

Sarah Lynn dying was the most ham fisted forced thing all season though, it was the obvious clichéd choice to kill off a one note character while forcing in some flashbacks to make you feel attached
If they really wanted it to have an impact then they really should have had Sarah living a sober life until Bojack showed up, that would have properly underscored just how much of a toxic influence he's supposed to be while giving her death the gravitas it deserved

I'm sorry you think such hackneyed writing is the best thing ever, that just shows how terrible most TV is these days

Was I the only one who got annoyed with the spaghetti thing in the S3 finale? Was it just supposed to be pointlessly silly on purpose to build suspense for what Bojack was going to do next, since that's what people were actually interested in? It felt like there was some reason for it being there, but damned if I know what it was

EVERY THREAD

>If they really wanted it to have an impact then they really should have had Sarah living a sober life until Bojack showed up

That's literally what happened you fucking idiot

Semi reposting/rephrasing from a past thread but I think the underwarer episode is actually really important because it shows something about Bojack that's contrary to how a lot of people in-show and in real life think of him.

When he's away from his usual crew, he actually is capable of doing a lot of good and being a good, selfless person. He risks his fucking life to save a random child and bring them home, and tries hard as fuck to apologize to his friend that he wronged. Even until he has the flashback, when he's gone and working on Ethan Around, he is kind, encouraging, and helpful towards Bradley, genuinely wishing the best for his show and trying to make it succeed with someone ELSE as the star.

PC, Diane, and especially fucking Todd are the worst kind of people he can surround himself with. Todd pisses me off more than anyone because he's easily the most toxic, awful human being on the show, and he gets away with it all. Bojack did ONE shitty thing to him, regarding the rock opera. Meanwhile Todd leeches off of him, makes Bojack save his ass multiple times, sets up an entire business in his living room without asking, and basically rejects his friendship entirely because Bojack consensually slept with a girl he wasn't dating at the time and had no intention of sleeping with himself.

Fuck Todd. Princess Carolyn is a piece of shit too for ruining Bojack's career and future just because she's a greedy whore. No matter their history or how much she begs, she ruined both a potential success for Bojack AND a chance for him to redeem himself with his friend because she only cares about her own gain. He hasevery right to tell her to fuck off.

Diane's just an enabler mostly, just under the guise of not being one, so fuck her too. She and her behavior in Season 2 caused Bojack to relapse into his past behavior he was working his ass off to change and ruined his dream of starring in Secretariat.

Yeah but it was made clear that her sobriety was only to make her next bender better. She was never planning to sober up for good.

The one character who actually, genuinely seems to care about Bojack is Mr. Peanutbutter, and surprise, in Season 2 he actually managed to have a heartfelt talk with Bojack and come to a mutual understanding and actually kindle a bit of a friendship, as seen by how much friendlier he is towards PB in Season 3.

Bojack isn't helping, but his usual crew is the truly toxic bunch, and no matter how hard he wants to change,the biggest step he needs to take is cutting out his cancerous group. Todd is a complete piece of shit, PC has no right to behave how she does and treat someone else's career like her own personal cash cow, and Diane is a destructive monster who is probably going to destroy her husband's life in addition to Bojack's.

I love Todd and Mr. Peanutbutter so much, love them together. But best ep was the wordless underwater one. I want to learn more about Todd being ace, was not expecting that. And I want to see Princess Caroline thrive without Bojack, she deserves it.

Every season I hate Todd more and more.

Anyone whose favourite season wasn't 2 is doing it wrong
favourite character is probably peanutbutter. favourite episode is the one Bojack goes on 'What do celebrities know? Do they know things? Lets find out!'. favourite gag is the banners and shit printing the specifications. I expect season 4 to be the second half of season 3 because season 3 was literally just "look at what will be in seaosn 4" the season

Even then, you only listed off like one or two big negative things that each of those characters did. Todd hardly lashed out at Bojack after the rock opera thing considering Bojack ruined such a huge project for him, and the Emily thing was probably just the straw that broke the camel's back for him. PC and Diane (Diane moreso than PC) also only messed up/acted majorly shittily a handful of times over the course of the show so far, which is a far cry from the constant bullshit Bojack pulls. Are they shitty people in some ways? Sure, everyone is, but they're hardly consistently shitty the same way Bojack and Sarah Lynn are, and that's worth something.

Maybe Bojack's acting differently in the underwater episode was just down to him being completely out of his element and not having his vices/mouth to get him into more trouble, that probably played a part

Outside of like, the beginning of Season 1 though Bojack DOESN'T pull that much bullshit until his shitty toxic friends drag him back into the shit show he is trying to escape from.

Again, even in Season 3 he doesn't fuck up that badly until PC ruins his career and Ana abandons him after the Oscar ceremony, causing him to fall into deep despair. His life is going great in Season 2 until Diane enables his ass back into the lazy degenerate lifestyle he lived.

I'm not saying Bojack isn't a shit head, I'm saying that deep down, he IS an alright person, and he does try to improve all the time, but is constantly ruined by his awful friends, who care more about themselves than even TRYING to understand when Bojack is working on himself.

Bump

Overall a pretty consistent season that lived up to my expectations. Season 3 is usually when shows fall into decline, but it was another strong showing.

>Favourite season?
Season 1

>Favourite character?
Mr. PB

Favourite episode?
fuck, I don't know

Favourite gags?
Neal McBeal the Navy Seal,
Talking Hollywoo Stars And Celebrities, Do They Know Things, What Do They Know, Let's Find Out

Is this a joke

I really fucking like the baby seahorse episode

S2
Mr Peanutbutter
S1E10 or whatever the one with the drugs was
All animal jokes
I hope 4th is the last one and Bojack dies saving her daughter or something that redeems him but kill him