in the aeroplane over the sea by neutral milk hotel

Reroll

Nooooo

fugg :DDD

fuck you cunt that's a good album

Strawpoll time

strawpoll.me/12918186/r

no

Talk Talk was literal shit after Colour of Spring.

>muh jazzy instruments, soundscapes and silence

fucking pretentious shite

oh shit

fuck i posted the results
strawpoll.me/12918186/

Every Death Grips album

Fuck off you literally don't know what pretentious means

them wasted trips

check em

yes I do know you fucking cunt. Hollis was acting really pretentiously when he started making this farty ambient-lite music. He's a good synthpop artist, he wanted to be "ARTISTIC" to be one of the pop-music "ARTISTS". Spirit of Eden, Laughing Stock and that solo album are no-depth, all-show borefests made to show how much of a "great and imaginitive" fuck Hollis was. Literally pretentious as fuck. And those wanna-be "DEEP" lyrics, fuck off.

How about we see your definition of the word then, huh?

What album is this

grimes' entire discography

Everything Grimes has had even the slighest involvement in.

Since this got trips we should make an album with this as the title

>all this shallow criticism
>literally nothing about the actual music
how about actually explaining why the music is bad without throwing buzzwords around

Africa is a good song though

i ree'd

roll

roll

THE FORMULA HAS BEEN RESTORED

ok

Myrrhman and Taphead just rehash what Talk Talk have done on Spirit of Eden, literally. But that album (while also having a lot of problems this one has, like overdrawn lengths of tracks, really obvious arrangements, lack of captivating musical ideas either harmonically or in performance), what they had was freshness. 3 years later, that thing is gone, and only sparseness and reliance on "atmosphere" remains, without actually questioning, how to make something new on this path.

Ascension Day relies on a simple bluesy progression and does not do anything interesting with it harmonically. If it wasn't for the energetic rhythm section and the walls of sound it would literally be one of millions of similar tracks. Guitar playing is sloppy at best. The ending goes nowhere.

After the Flood, with its disharmonic, cacophonic feedback or broken organ solo is a mess. Melodically, the track is fine, but it's too long (there are not enough ideas to fill out 9 minutes) and especially takes way too long to get started. After it started, it just drones on, and on, and on, with Hollis sometimes drooling in a monotone voice or the aforementioned solo coming on. Again, it doesn't go anywhere. No climax, no point of release, no point. The edited version (alternate take) on the promo single was actually quite good, disregarding that solo.

Everything about New Grass was done better by Radiohead on Reckoner.

Runeii may be the most monotone track on the whole of the LP, with the trance-inducing guitar riff and occasional organ fluorishes that actually can't engage me as a listener one bit. Hollis sounds like he is about to fall asleep. The whole of this song is recorded as if no one gave a shit, really could have improved arrangement with something non-trivial.

>Everything about New Grass was done better by Radiohead on Reckoner.
I was with you until that part. That's just retarded.
Otherwise, I'm impressed.

Every grimes album

Well shit.

No surprise, B. wilson is a fucking hack compared to Paul McCartney
Awful christian lyrics and DUDE JAZZ LMAO

Trips get

>420

that means its good

roll

Everything by Swans

the correct response

this

TAKE A LOOK AT THESE TRIPS

is that...
is that loss?

reroll

kek

roll

I don't like feeling getting the album art but in the aeroplane over the sea

oh gee another green day poster!

roller

can't say i'm surprised

Yeah this album is bad

fuck this fuckin piece of shit fuckin album

roll

This album's pure dogshit. Cut it out with that avant garde minimalist crap, PLAY A NOTE EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE

These are like my two favorite albums.

Laughing Stock by Talk Talk. And if you haven't heard it, you should actually go listen to it despite what some retards on this thread are saying.

You are genuinely the biggest dumbass on this whole forum. What album do you think has deep lyrics, or great ambience?

Wow you passionately hate this album.

>Recorded as if nobody gave a shit

I believe they recorded over 50 hours of improv for the album, and edited and mixed what they liked before writing in the lyrics. And I enjoy the lyrics a lot, clearly Mark went through some serious spiritual awakening.

If you're trolling, fuck you.

>80s Fripp on the left