Is cultural appropriation a real problem, Sup Forums?

Is cultural appropriation a real problem, Sup Forums?

I'm pretty progressive and I go to a liberal college. The other day I did something and now my black friends are accusing me of appropriating black culture. I say imitation is the highest form of flattery. Who's right? Is it wrong for whites to act black?

Serious answers only, please. Not interested in "kill all niggers." Thanks!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NNUcR-eMxaE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

People who say stuff like that are just as retarded as the KKK.

Why don't you kill yourself for describing yourself as "progressive".

Just curious, what exactly did you do? Hopefully it wasn't some stupid shit.

This, kinda hard to really say anything on the matter unless you're more specific.

I'd rather not say, cultural appropriation or no it's embarrassing and I was drunk.

nothing really matters

Then we can't fucking help you you dipshit, stop being a pussy and just tell us

you're talking about cultural appropriation on Sup Forums, it doesn't get much more embarrassing than that

Then in this case, the black friends are probably right.

you can do whatever the fuck you want. Tell them to fuck off

This op is just suffering from white guilt like a faggot

True

>Is cultural appropriation a real problem
No
Ever hear anyone claim Asian kids learning violin or piano (European instruments) to play European music is 'appropriation'?
How about adopting European medicine instead of local traditional medicine?
European Art? Food? Clothing? Hairstyles?
No, no, no, and no.

Fine. I robbed a convenience store. Happy?

Ask yourself what are the issues rising from cultural appropriation. One could argue that it deflates the culture.

Example: Normies appropriated the nerd culture.
Outcome: shitty memes everywhere, most don't even know what actually is a meme, cancer

So in essence the problem is that appropriation is just cherrypicking cool aspects while the culture gets muddled. But it's not really something you can deny people. Cultures are always in a state of flux.

LOL WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK? ROBBING A STORE...being equated to an entire culture of people.

your friends are morons.

If you act like a black person despite being white that's laughable and I as a white person don't see you worthy of being my peer anymore.

And negroes don't like it either, so don't do that.

Also you sound like a beta hanging around with people who's in-group you're not a part of and actually take criticism from them.

Why the fuck are you hanging around with niggers?

You just sound like a fucking faggot OP.

Not accepting/celebrating a culture =racist
Accepting/celebrating culture = appropriation
Basically modern liberals are just faggots who have nothing else to whine about so they make shit up. If you're honestly worried about it then kys

Those are Italian instruments.

Plus violins have middle eastern to asain mountain roots.

Nice

i'm german.
you think i get mad or feel intimidated when non-germans wear lederhosen and drink beer out of 2 liter glasses?

hell no, have fun. Prost mein Freund.

It is dumb because most of them pretend to be white almost daily.

This is actually an interesting reply, and way more helpful than the "niggers use technology and chinks play the violin." Any other white ethnicities have thoughts on this?

quads of kek

>I said European
>Italy is in Europe
Why fucking mention the difference?
>violins have middle eastern to asain mountain roots
And Universities are rooted in the Catholic Church of the Early Medieval period - are all Japanese universities cultural appropriation of Catholic European culture?!
Want to have a REAL fun time?
What do the following spicy cuisines all have in common?
>Hindi
>Thai
>Chinese
They all use chilis.
All those chilis were part of the Columbian exchange.
NONE of those cultures had access to the core spices in their "traditional" cuisines until *European traders* brought them from the Americas in the 17th-19th centuries.
So if someone says,
>"Americans making Szechuan food is cultural appropriation"
tell 'em to fuck off - the Chinese got the spicy peppers from America via Europe.

Nigger are you literally retarded? I can't understand your post at all, but it's obvious you got trolled.

They're in college...White culture
They're in cars...White culture
They're in clothes and shoes...White culture

I don't think appropriation by itself is the problem, it's appropriation that trivializes what it's appropriating or doesn't credit the original. Example: If a white person makes music influenced by hip-hop, fine. If said white person claims they invented hip-hop beats, that's a problem.

Let me rephrase this: equating robbing a store to "BLACK CULTURE" is racist as fuck and not only are his friends morons they're self-hating morons at that.

OK your second post is more coherent but you still have autism. Could you not tell from the tone in his voice that OP was setting up a punchline?

There is no tone as there is no voice to hear.
I don't deny that I am autistic as fuck.

>chinks play the violin
I wrote about violins and you can fuck off - I would never say something as crass as that!
I was pointing out that the spread of cultures is very broad and almost no one complains about it.
Because it is a good thing!
Look at banh mi, a traditional Asian sandwich - it is made with French baguettes.
By combining two cuisine you get delicious.
Look at Chinese restaurants in America - the cuisine is essentially unique to the restaurants but the total of Chinese restaurants in the US outnumbers McDonalds, Wendy's, and Burger King combined. This blending of Asian and European resulted in an entire sector of an industry that benefits everyone.

do whatever makes you happy my whigga!

Pic related.

>Is cultural appropriation a real problem, Sup Forums?

No

youtube.com/watch?v=NNUcR-eMxaE

l m a o

But hip hop beats were adopted from German Techno, as Afrika Bombaataa proudly announces - his blending of German Industrial and Techno with Jamaican vocal styles and the street poetry of urban America is where Hip Hop originated from.
This is Music History 105, btw.
Did Hip Hop "appropriate" Kraftwerk?!

Fine! here it is. But in my defense I was drunk. was this wrong on my part?

check'd m8, top fucking kek!

Tell them that every time they celebrate Halloween and dress up they're appropriating northern European culture and they should stop because you find it offensive.

Also they can stop appropriating cars, phones, electricity, running water, government, modern medicine and formal education, none of which were made by Africans.

God damn it, OP.

Someone please cap this. I'm crying.

I get that blackface is offensive because . . . it's offensive? Reasons?
But I don't see anything wrong with this. He's dressed up as a particular person even it looks like, what's wrong with that?

>Is it wrong for whites to act black?

fucking wot m8? people act like what they grow up around, unless they are being blatantly racist or fucking retarded. you're not acting black, you're acting accordingly to how you were raised. Tell your fucking faggot friends to stop acting like a pack of quivering pussies.

also this.

kill all niggers

OP is a fag

It's not a real problem your friends are stupid, get new ones

this

"Cultural appropriation" is another victim status tool. These degenerate beings know that there's power in numbers; so they've all decided to target the white man.

They want white people to feel like they must walk on eggshells in order to avoid hurting the fee fees; which is taken as a national threat on a personal level to these pieces of shit.

It's not a problem. It's only a "problem" because degenerates want it to be a problem.