Now that the dust has settled, we can all agree this movie is pretty terrible, right?

Now that the dust has settled, we can all agree this movie is pretty terrible, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

agonybooth.com/inception-ripoff-paprika-26479
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I disagree.

what now asshole?

Not Nolan's best, but I enjoyed it

actually i loved it OP

melodramatic wank for faggots

Nolan's best work

I loved it but it doesn't have that much rewatchability.

It's good

the one with Matt damon as the main character was bad

I'm gonna call this movie forced as fuck

Everyone "emotional" scene didn't feel like real human beings at all. It felt like I was watching a movie with robots trying to imitate drama

Could barely finish it

re watched, didn't like it as much the second time.

The acting and the writing backing up the actors was great. Jessica Chastain apparently can't act though.

I love this movie, but I guess im not a big film guy. It could be objectively shit but I still liked it.

Yes its pretty bad

If you didn't cry when McConaughey was watching the messages from his daughter you don't know shit about television & film

It looked good. But it was predictable.

I disagree - I though it was fantastic. Probably my favorite Nolan film. Of course, Sup Forums will say "that's not saying much!" but be that as it may, I still find it incredibly strong.

But I'm a space nerd. I've spent many nights dreaming of distant galaxies, black holes and nebulae, traveling in spaceships and exploring foreign planets. Interstellar brought that to the table with a touching father/daughter story, cool practical effects, and good performances.

If it's not, what do you consider to be his best?

inception or batman begins

It was good but overrated.

Let me go through why this movie was a shitty flick

>huge string of coincidences propels everything aka lazy writing
>characters don't behave like real people
>long running time for no payoff
>awful sound balancing it was done on purpose AYY LMAO ART XD
>garbage "science"
>constantly switching scenes from the important space journey to bumble fucks on a farm
>every emotional scene was cringe as fuck "hey dad I'm only gonna send a few messages to you in space that you'll get a long time from now. Even though I'm an adult now I'm just gonna send a passive aggressive cunt message to make you remember the passage of time. I hope it makes you cry on your space journey in front of a camera just incase you are in some sort of movie and need a feels moment"
>Matt Damon's character is completely pointless and adds nothing to the movie. Filler
>focusing on the love aspect but not going far enough in the direction to make it worth it. Just comes across messy
>all the action set-pieces were unrealistic and forced as well instead of focusing on science elements
>meme ending

I had to force myself to sit through the entire running time. I expected a space exploration film that focused on a long scientific journey to try to save the human race. Instead I watched some half baked emotional and half pseudo-science flick that never knows truly what it wants to do.

I just assume everyone that likes this trash never actually watches movies

Might not want to assume that. Not that I'm saying my colleagues and I are the end-all-be-all of film critiques and criticisms, but as a film scholar, in a community of fellow filmmakers, I'd say a solid 90% of us really loved Interstellar, 8% didn't like it, and a measly 2% would consider it "shitty" such as yourself.

I watched it in the theatre and I did cry at this scene. I still think this movie is mediocre

>huge string of coincidences propels everything aka lazy writing

I dont understand what you mean by this. Everything happened for a reason

>characters don't behave like real people
I think you need to get out of the house

>long running time for no payoff
They literally save the human race

>awful sound balancing it was done on purpose AYY LMAO ART XD

Well it did bring out more emotion, sorry you cant understand it.

>garbage "science"
Good thing its a science FICTION movie, you fucking retard

>constantly switching scenes from the important space journey to bumble fucks on a farm

For being an ADD riddled 12 year old I thought you would appreciate that it didnt stay on one thing for too long.

>every emotional scene was cringe as fuck "hey dad I'm only gonna send a few messages to you in space that you'll get a long time from now. Even though I'm an adult now I'm just gonna send a passive aggressive cunt message to make you remember the passage of time. I hope it makes you cry on your space journey in front of a camera just incase you are in some sort of movie and need a feels moment"

You really dont have any concept of the real world. Damn, having autism must be terrible

>Matt Damon's character is completely pointless and adds nothing to the movie. Filler

Ill let this one slide

>focusing on the love aspect but not going far enough in the direction to make it worth it. Just comes across messy

again...autism. Sorry you cant understand love and what it does to people.

>all the action set-pieces were unrealistic and forced as well instead of focusing on science elements

Yep, things were unrealistic in this science fiction movie

>meme ending

take a break from the internet, people dont talk like this outside

Are you psyched for accretion disks coming to Space Engine?

>inception
Pure garbage.

>batman begins
Kind of meh.

The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises are both far superior.

Inception is perfect.

>Well it did bring out more emotion, sorry you cant understand it.

Was the emotion supposed to be frustration and disgust? If so it nailed it

The loud parts did not to be so loud

When I can't understand what the characters are saying because you too busy circlejerking your sound design you have failed as a film maker

Feel free to respond about how it made you weep in the theater and that it's a masterpiece decision without anything to back it up you faggot

Inception, even Insomnia

>this level of projection
see I don't hate this movie, this kind of faggots that defend it though

>pretty terrible
It was pretty indeed. Terrible? No. It was a decent flick. There is a lot of terrible movies out there and this isn't one of them.

It was mediocre

If you are saying it's your favorite movie or one of the best you are showing your pleb level

>Matt Damon's character was pointless filler

His name was Dr. Fucking MANN. Hos role and meaning in the film is so ham fisted and on the nose that you really must be talking out of your ass. The movie's got its legitimate problems but you listed zero of them

I understand the point of his character

He's still completely useless to the plot and could be cut out entirely

Wow dude are you telling me humans are selfish and generally do whatever they can to survive??? WOW DUDE that's fucking revolutionary. That really ties together with the movies themes of uh...

Did you really need to dedicate a half hour of your long ass boring movie to bash the audiences head in with that message? No. It was pointless

Mediocre as hell, yeah. Sense of wonder replaced with melodrama and shit like "love, Tars, love."

The loudness of Hans Zimmer's genius, was supposed to represent the mass of the universe in comparison to the human race. It was, essentially, the gargantuan blackness that is outer space drowning out the little importance that humans and the human race has in the grand scheme of things.

>being an oversensitive fag means you know about television and film

It's shit and so is everything else Nolan does he is a rip off hack

Tell us why, though.

Hello autismo

It would have been far better if they didn't dilute it with stupid "LOVE crosses all boundaries of the universe XD". No, it doesn't fucktards, love is an emotion generated by chemicals in our brain to get us to fuck each other and take care of the resulting children. Dumb kikes.

If it remained purely a scientifically driven movie where the guy has to rely on his wits, knowledge and luck to succeed it would have been much better than some plot where love is literally a power of the universe. Besides that it was alright. The plane scene is objectively Nolan's greatest work and will LITERALLY be what he is remembered for most, not even memeing.

My question is was Ann Hathaway going to raise like 200 children herself on that planet or what? What if she died or had a stroke? Humanity is just boned?

it happened so fast, i didn't give a shit about it

Interstellar and the Fountain are the best movies ever

Tits or gtfo

shiggy diggy

Incenption is a bad rip off of Paprika you idiot

The Prestige hands down

Only thing good about it are some of the visuals. The characters are awful, the science is garbage, the twist is so forced.

waiting for this hothead to respond

The Fountain is pure kino, maybe the purest this decade. Intersteller is a decent flick at most.

Why can't Nolan comprehend real human emotion?

He hasn't made a single movie with a real human character. They're all just instruments for his plots.

Is he literally autistic?

The Fountain is Interstellar done right. All of the shit about sacrificing for the sake of humanity, the fact that the planet is going through a blight, is thrown to the side in favor of LOVE TARS, LOVE.

It could've been done so much better. Nolan's saying we need a reason to want to save each other, and that reason is love yeah I geddit Nolan the problem is you made it so so fucking hamfisted and stupid you fucking hack.

>rip off

maybe

>bad

kill yourself

> Only >2% of filmmakers attain fame and worldwide recognition
> Only 2% film students think Interstellar was garbage

Oh my God, it's almost like real talent for film is a minority gift!

Nah it was alright. Much better than the overrated Gravity.

Nah. It's a modern masterpiece.

It's an okay film.
Everything after McConaughey went into the black sun is terrible though.

>Christopher Nolan is part of the 2% that attains fame and worldwide recognition
>You purport that same community hates his film

Also, you should have used less-than instead of greater-than but they are next to eachother on the keyboard so you get a pass.

Nolan achieved fame with Memento, friend, let's not kid ourselves. George Lucas is one of that 2% too but Attack of the Clones is still garbage. And so is Interstellar.

>maybe it's known that it's a bad rip off only have decent things it has are badly stolen form Paprika

I personally quite enjoyed it. They also did a better job with the sciency shit than most films. It's about an 80% on the "this is how the universe works"

You're missing the point. All I set out to do was prove the invalidity of a ludicrous argument.

One user claimed that only 2% of his film class/school hated Interstellar.

Another user equated the low probability of achieving fame and success in the film industry with those who disliked Interstellar.

I already blew that argument the fuck out, and you are backpedaling with some tangential argument about Nolan's fame.

You are trying to hedge my argument, but what you just posted proves further the wrongness of the post I initially replied to.

I did not state that fame and success equate to film-making talent. I merely pointed out that equating the percentage of students who dislike a certain film and the percentage of students who "make it" is absolutely retarded.

I'm not trolling/being a jerk, but I have no fucking clue what you just posted.

It seems evident that English is not your first language. No?

7/10 or 8/10 for me, McConaughey felt a little cringe in some of the emotional scenes though

It's not terrible and it's not amazing. It's just ok

His best is 6/10 he's bad he's mediocre at his best
agonybooth.com/inception-ripoff-paprika-26479

except paprika was aimed for close-minded japs

watch Following and The Prestige then try to maintain that Nolan is a hack.

It wasn't aimed for the Japanese Satoshi Kon made his works because he enjoyed it

Strong 8. this movie is great OP. yeah it has flaws especially the whole tesseract thing but still enjoyable

fuck off

Dubs of falsehood.

>Jessica Chastain was good.
Lack of dubs confirms implied lies.

>Interstellar thread
>butthurt weeaboos shoehorn in the similarities between Inception and some anime

even if Nolan carbon copied some anime thing, that has zero relevance to this thread.

anime-posters should be banned on sight.

>seriously defending weabooism

No

It was too deep for the pleb masses

>someone who watches anime isn't a weeaboo

>muh love
gay as fuck

no, it's just wasted potential
like the writer got halfway through and just gave up
first act was solid
second act was alright
third act took a dive off a cliff

can Prestigeposting become a thing?

but seriously, why didn't Huge Jackedman just make a clone of himself and work with it rather than risking his own life every night for the show? Because there are no indications that one of him would sacrifice the other knowing that Batman would witness it.

>rather than risking his own life every night for the show?

Cutter told him a story about a sailor who had described drowning to him. Cutter said the sailor said "it was like going home." He wanted to experience what his wife experienced.

That's what I maintain. Didn't want to throw my conclusion out there and wanted affirmation.

But yeah, the machine works and there were Bale twins. There are all these whacko theories that the machine never worked and that there is something more to find in the film because of Michael Caine's closing lines.

I loved it. The scene where he gets back from the water planet and see the tapes is one of my favorites.

One of Nolan's worse movies. He hasn't made anything I liked since TDK.

Prestige and Memento are great, but Inception and Interstellar are just okay.

He was the wrong fucking director for it though. Should've kept Spielberg like originally intended to really sell that love is trans-dimensional idea. Nolan's too autistic and cerebral for that kind of thing. Spielberg can pluck the heart strings a lot better.

Speaking of trans, I found Cloud Atlas a better effort with the same general theme, even if it didn't look as good.

Were the bulk beings just autistic?

it was fine until he went into the black hole.

dislike all nolan movies other than memento, but this was easily his worst

>its easier to blast the enitre planets populatin into space than cure some plant disease

The issue wasn't just some disease. Sometimes I wonder if you faggots are intentionally dense

Yeah, it was a magical disease that magically infected many different species of plant and magically made the atmosphere unbreathable.

It was the weakest part of the movie.

What was it? I thought the movie was bad and I dont remember all of it.

>it was a magical disease that magically infected many different species of plant
Which is possible with time for the disease to mutate and spread across species which they specifically addressed in the movie by pointing out that it had moved on to a new species.
>and magically made the atmosphere unbreathable.
100% make sense you faggot, if say it was a type of bacteria and it releases some sort of gas that say... displaces oxygen or SOMETHING then. It's a science fiction movie you faggot

I should also mention that it would probably be a fungus instead of bacteria

wow dude how do you know so much about biology are you like a scientist or something

>100% make sense you faggot, if say it was a type of bacteria and it releases some sort of gas that say... displaces oxygen or SOMETHING then. It's a science fiction movie you faggot
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

now that the dust has settled, we can all agree the dinosaurs were pretty decent, right?

I'm a polisci major actually :^)
It's not ironic.

New wallpaper, just what i needed.

>It's not ironic.
Then you're dumb.

>Holy shit! It makes perfect sense!
>It doesn't have to make sense! It's science FICTION!