Sup Forums here. Just thought I'd drop by to say your welcome Sup Forums :)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tGeYmC9bK68
youtu.be/hXfos-mAMMA
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/vektor/terminal-redux/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

well-deserved desu

video game soundtracks trigger hipsters the same way hip-hop triggers metal fans

this

When there's so much great Japanese music, why would you waste your time listening to video game OSTs that are mediocre at best when compared to real music? Now, I'm not saying that all OSTs are mediocre, because there are many great film, video game, and TV scores from the West; it's just the Japanese are incapable of making good OSTs.

Just goes to show 2017 has been garbage for music

>hip-hop triggers metal fans
But it's the other way around

>when compared to real music?

like what?

why do people keep saying triggered
there are so many other terms that are 100x better
-jimmies are rustled
-peeved off
-parsnips are boiled
-goat is gotten

lets try this again
video game soundtracks rustle hipsters the same way hip-hop rustles metal fans

I don't think hip-hop fans give a shit about metal lol. they just like what they like.

but metal fans are on like a collective crusade to trash any and all hip-hop/rap.

There's lots of great Japanese surf rock and experimental electronic stuff, and some really interesting jazz. As for OSTs, there are plenty of great Western ones to choose from. The Japanese cannot compose good scores.

Totally wrong, metal is regularly downvoted by white-guilting kiddos every time it makes it to the top of the chart.

false

>The Japanese cannot compose good scores.
explain

>The Japanese cannot compose good scores.

what makes you say this? what makes them not good?

do you have proof of this? there is a ton of metal in like every RYM list (for years in general). several years have a metal album as number 1. metal definitely outnumbers hip-hop in RYM AOTY lists.

>your

I don't know what causes it, all I know is that it's true.

so you can't explain it?
alright then, I guess you're just talking out of your ass

Should add this desu
youtu.be/tGeYmC9bK68

Because "Triggered" has at least the potential to trigger SJWs who might be reading/listening. It works just as well as the others, and with that added benefit!

We've probably all seen videos of people getting upset and saying they're triggered or that something is triggering someone else, so it has a specific image of the person it refers to being a massive whiner and baby/drama queen already in most people's heads, which just makes the word more evocative.

My question is why WOULDN'T you use it?

Explain what? Why Japanese composers of scores are incapable of doing a bad? I don't know. All I know is that I have never heard a good Japanese OST. Maybe I'm wrong, but I've listened to a lot of them, and I've never cared for them.

>I don't like it therefore it's bad
yep, talking out of your ass
come up with an argument any time

Have you heard Akira Ifukube?

I am a hipster faggot and I like game osts.

>do you have proof of this? there is a ton of metal in like every RYM list (for years in general). several years have a metal album as number 1. metal definitely outnumbers hip-hop in RYM AOTY lists.
The new Vektor is an obvious one, hit with a flood of 0.5s while it was at #1. The last time a metal album made it to the top 3 of a year was 2009, and one of those was hipster-approved (Mastodon), and it's considered a weak year for indie and hip-hop stuff in general.

All music is subjective, retard. If a song is bad to me, it's bad. This entire board is just people sharing their 100% subjective opinions, and if you think there can be objective music discussion outside of technical minutiae, then you're an autismic.
I'll check him out.

youtu.be/hXfos-mAMMA

>hit with a flood of 0.5s while it was at #1

again do you have proof? screencaps to back that up or something?

>The last time a metal album made it to the top 3 of a year was 2009

maybe that speaks more to the quality of contemporary metal than to anything to do with hip-hop

>moving the goalpost
you literally said "why would you waste your time listening to this, it's bad, japanese can't make good scores"
doesn't sound like a subjective opinion to me. just a misinformed retard wanting everyone to think like he does

when i think triggered i think PTSD
using it to describe somebody who is just really annoyed or whiny takes away from that and it just gives the word more power to be a stupid battle cry for people who think they have a case

The P5 ost is way better than the new Slowdive desu

>and if you think there can be objective music discussion outside of technical minutiae, then you're an autismic.

How fucking dumb could you be?

Taste in music is subjective, but the quality of music is objective.

For example, let's compare Justin Bieber to Animal Collective. Yes, I know Justin Bieber and Animal Collective are both easy targets, but I need to keep it broad so even the biggest of plebs can understand. Now, Justin Bieber is a corporately manufactured artist used to sell image to teenage girls. His music lacks substance and aesthetic, and he is based more on selling image than anything. The only time you hear people talk about Justin Bieber is when they are talking about his haircut or girlfriend. Never his new single or album and the direction they are taking as an artist. Animal Collective, on the other hand, actually put effort into making music, thus giving it substance and aesthetic. Few people talk about Animal Collective's image, and discussion of the group is always about what album you like best, if you prefer their folk work or their pop work, and what their next album is going to sound like.

Now, let's further expand on this by talking about fans, and compare a 13 year old girl with virtually no knowledge of music to an adult man with an actual knowledge in and interest in music. Obviously, the 13 year old girl isn't going to like Animal Collective very much so she will like Justin Bieber better, whereas the adult man will (most likely) prefer Animal Collective. And given the situation, the adult man has a greater basis for judging the quality of music, even though Bieber's music does more for the 13 year old girl than AnCo does. But taste and perception doesn't change quality.

tl;dr saying "music is subjective" is just another way of saying "i'm a fucking pleb and I have shit taste"

Calm down, faggot. If you don't come to this board with the understanding that everything that everyone says is their subjective opinion, sometimes stated hyperbolically for effect, then you really don't understand how internet discussions work. I can't imagine that crippling levels of autism that would be necessary to think that an opinion given on Sup Forums is sincerely meant to be the only possible opinion on a subject.

tl;dr

When did rym become shit?

see

Listen to this dumb faggot

persona 5 has a pretty great soundtrack, but nier's soundtrack is fedoracore
dope shit, solid shibuya-kei

>hyperbolically for effect
I've played a lot of Katamari Demacy, and I always muted the in game music and played my own because I found it so annoying.

>I was just pretending to be retarded

>hip-hop triggers metal fans

I like both desu.

I thought hip hop triggers all non hip hop fans.

>he doesn't know how to use rhetorical devices in his writing
>he takes everything he reads literally
autism coupled with low creativity

Ok then maybe you just don't like the quirkiness of jap music

see

If you can't see how "this music is mediocre" is less clumsy than "in my personal opinion, considering all the facets of my upbringing and personal tastes, and taking into account the varying interests and opinions of my fellow 4channers, I find this music to be mediocre", then it's clear you've never done any kind of real writing in your life. No non-autistic reader actually assumes that the writer believes his opinion to be fact.

see it's okay to just admit that what you said was retarded

It's not my fault you don't understand what an opinion is. Guess how I know you've never written anything at the university or post-graduate level?

see come up with an argument any time

>I'll just keep redirecting you to other posts I've made because I have a limited capacity for producing written words.
kek, keep proving my point, autismo

once you come up with a new argument I'll stop redirecting you to the posts that debunk them
also
>keeps rewriting walls of text that says literally the same thing
>calls other people autists
get some self-awareness

>he thinks two sentences is a wall of text
Please keep replying, this is hilarious.

Was it autism?

oh, I guess you gave up now. literally just calling me dumb. alright, I guess I win.
I'll be waiting for my last (You) because I know you'll reply. thank you in advance

You seem very stupid.

You're supposed to post counterexamples, not bitch and moan.

>Sup Forums
>autism
naaaah

>literally just calling you dumb
I've been calling you dumb this whole time, and the fact that you're just now noticing it only supports that accusation. This has been one of the funniest conversations I've ever had on Sup Forums, and I thank you for that.

Seriously, if I could get my hands on you, I would beat the shit out of you. People like you are the reason why bullying should be somewhat tolerated.

>this thread

so the rym charts are terrible, who's surprised?

they're actually mostly good, it's just that this year hasn't been that great so far

The bottom charts are where the real fun is

Every single one of the 70's charts sucks.

Kek, stay mad spergo.

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/vektor/terminal-redux/

Note the comments section that talk about metal being overrated as fuck on the website (when on a consistent basis, the highest rated hip hop and indie garbage outrank it on RYM.) Not to mention stuff like coltrane2's review, the likes of which you will only see for metal.

You can go through Sputnik's Terminal Redux review comment sections that show that the rating for the album was a bit higher there as well before the mainstream non-metal exodus of fans got to it.

Metal will always trigger other music fans more. It's among the most visceral music out there that also often maintains cerebral content as well, and the usually chaotic combination of the two will always make the genre harder to grasp from a base perspective than the vast majority of music out there regardless of one's culture.

Non-melodic metal sucks.

Nier is cheesy, non-engaging boring ass new age garbage. Like most new age, it lacks the organic approach to creating atmosphere its ambient brethren relies on (which of course means not being lazy when composing). But then such simplistic attempts at making music isn't unusual among Japanese music makers (Fukui also being equally overrated for creating the most meandering cool/modal jazz out there.)

Persona 5, like the other two does that hip hoppy thing, but aesthetics of the music have that "we are trying to appear cool but we end up looking like loser nerds trying to appear cool" thing. Looking at objective music qualities, this means there's not as much rhythmic interplay going on between the various parts of a single track, while the music isn't all that visceral either. It's essentially boring typically catchy pop music. Only given love because muh vidya, and online nerds who use shit like RYM like vidya as well.

That's where the best metal is though! Usually by being too melodic, the visceral factor tends to get lost out on. It's not like non-melodic metal isn't melodic, but its focus on simultaneous joint harmonic movement along with the "melody" makes it a heavy metal riff not just a melody. If I just wanted sheer melody, then I would just listen to classical.

I'm talking about vocal melodies.

t. listens to emo music in their 20s

Vocally, again, it's kinda the same thing. Non-melodic vocals are much more unhinged and require far more of an intense attack from ones own diaphragm to pull it off. If you're looking for any semblance of melodic progression, perhaps pay more attention to the riffs as that's where it's going on?

I find all songs with non-melodic vocals grating. They're unpleasant to listen to, the aural equivalent of eating unsalted kale.

Yeah, you really aren't saying anything new. Most people feel this way. I honestly used to myself and only went as far as melodic death metal when I first got into metal. Then I eventually just kinda got used to harsh vocals in general. Along with Trout Mask Replica, and a lot of jazz, the more extreme forms of metal also really helped me grasp the whole "things that may appear unpleasant at first musically may not necessarily be bad"

I listen to shit like late Coltrane and power electronics, but I just can't get into a lot of metal.

Because that stuff is nowhere near as visceral. Coltrane's a more cerebral choice of music to listen to for me, as his stuff tends to have just straight up complexity in the melodies and rhythms on display. Power Electronics is also not as visceral, focusing mainly on these giant, moving textures and sometimes on various timbres as they do mix up to create these giant noisy textures.

Coltrane's more on the side of improvised complexity, and PE is more textures/noisier than metal usually, but neither are as in your face visceral and energetic as metal is.

>real music

This is such a pretentious term that I can't take anyone seriously after they say it. Music is music, the meaning or purpose behind the music doesn't matter, it's still music in the end.

>when compared to real music?
I hope you're only pretending to be a complete fucking retard

Because it's a more succinct version of every phrase you posted

Even if I did, at least bands like American Football and Brand New have more merit to them than the goddamn Neir and Persona OSTs which are just cringe as fuck.

I guess youve never heard of Koji Kondo.

>thinks someone who had to make short little catchy phrases with no real subtleties into the music is some kind of amazing composer

guitar hero is fun

All pretty good games. You seem upset.