We are part of a large conscious brain...

We are part of a large conscious brain. Our individual consciousnesses and actions directly affect the wellbeing of the greater conscoiusness and vice versa. The structure of material in the universe very closely resembles the structure of neurons in the brain, and the fact that there are fundamental laws like gravity that cannot be broken sort of immitates how neuroplasticity works, how neurons form connections and attach to one another. When we pollute our environment and destroy our ecosystem, those actions are felt (no matter how tiny) by the greater mind. When we get more intelligent, so does this "god brain".

Planets with life on them are the fundamental particles of the universe, and that if we had technology advanced enough to "zoom in" far enough into a conscious human mind, we would find an entire universe, with conscious species at the very base of them.

When we look out into space, we are looking into ourselves. We are god, and god is us.

What do you believe?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rGCzepV_pdI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i believe something similiar

You know what? I don't care.

The billions of years predicted to take until the big freeze is actually the projection of the God brain universe you speak of.
Maybe all the stellar explosions are like losing brain cells in slow motion from getting drunk or something.
I always liked those men in black movie outros...

Bill Hicks
youtube.com/watch?v=rGCzepV_pdI

God needs to put down the bottle

What do you believe user?

Did you just call god an alcohol? Fucking savage

>life is pure chance
>a "game" of statistics
>a "game" that has been playing of for over 14 billion years
>we are lucky to be here
>tho we are not special
>we do not matter
>earth will continue to exists after we parish
>life will most like rebuild again here
>life is does with out question exist out there
>I have high doubts we will ever contact that life due to shear scale of the galaxy and of course universe

>>we do not matter
we are nothing but matter

as above, so below nigga

we are the universe experiencing itself, while we are not all gods, we have the potential to join them

Each atom in the matter we are made of is made of mostly empty space

666 get, btw.

i thought it was just turtles all the way down???

662 numb nuts

fake and gay maybe u can write stories for the next testament

>same structure= / = same workflow

>same user = / same bullshit

nokosage

>Meaningless vomit of words

So you're saying that reality is a repeating fractal pattern of brain

I like it.

Lol this sounds like the rambling of a stoned 15 trying to sound profound.

I'm matter but I don't matter :(

Thus, you are a nigger

Baaaait

Matter is what you are made of matter friend. You are the matter.

Not at all. It's very sad when a thought out retort can just be accused of being bait just because you don't like the uncomfortable implications.

Nothing is real. You are a dream.

The darkness dreams for it is ever sleeping.

Not OP, but I'm glad you brought up fractals. I've long thought that the universe expresses itself in a fractal pattern on the most fundamental level, through both space and time. With the recent creation of time crystals, it becomes that much easier to see time as a physical dimension and something through which a tangible pattern can exist. Combine this with our complete lack of knowledge about the nature of the universe beyond what we can observe, and even things we only half-understand such as spacetime and gravity, and crazy stoner thoughts start to sound more plausible. I'm not sure how consciousness plays into this, but there have been numerous studies (not widely accepted by the academic community) that suggest consciousness has an effect on quantum mechanics.

What interests me most about this is that long before scientists began modeling the universe and theorizing on its nature, religions across the globe came to the conclusion that every consciousness is just an instantiation of some great cosmic unity.

I like this

the shining darkness
the present absence
the unamed

we do not know the nature of absence but for it to be known it must be natural
and with this we realise that it mutually arises with presence.

taoists and zen buddists worked it all out long before we even licked the foot of truth

words illuminate
the truth blinds

>Consciousness affects quantum mechanics

No. Don't believe in that false popular science shit

You are an empty shell. Consciousness flows through you, but it is not yours. It is the same basic energy that moves everything else. You are a corpse floating on a cosmic wave. You do not exist. You can not die because you are already dead.

I believe I'll smoke another bowl

I didn't say it was true, I said multiple studies have been done that suggest it. I'm not enough of a scientist to see the flaws in their research methods, but I don't see any flaws in their research methods.

Nigger im pretty sure the universe looking like a neuron is a coincidence you thought way too much about

I personally believe that everything we can measure and see exists, and the rest is up to philosophical guessing until it too gets proven.
Fuck that religious shit and fuck that psychedelic shit that you're talking about, live your life faggot

Our thinker must have a shit ton of gay fantasies.

and see there you have it, the universe calling itself a faggot

... Im a grad student in theoretical physics. There aren't any credible experimental papers that demonstrate the necessity of consciousness for quantum behavior. Most papers are philosophical and speculative with no hard evidence.

>Im a grad student in theoretical physics

Recently read programming the universe by seth Lloyd, genius by Feynman and half way through American Prometheus. What interests me is that so many huge breakthroughs are derived from the theoretical side and then proven in experimental

Oppenheimer for example was a clutz in the lab but helped drive the manhatten project and chain reacting fission despite him being primarily a theorist