Inevitable film adaptation when?

Inevitable film adaptation when?

i rather see a reboot of the originals but from draco's POV

>Leslie Jones as Hermione

I want to see it just because of how fucking weird and terrible it is.

Casting controversy aside, is this good? Picking it up this week to read

Why did this need to be made?

Right around the time Fantastic Beasts 3 comes out, it will be announced that the Cursed Child is being made into a movie. It will be released in 2021. And it will be shit.

its a feel good play thats tailored for a feel good play. i would say no. but they will do more movies otherwise.

fuck, I kekd

it's shit

voldemorts daughter uses a superpowered time turner to go back in time and turn cedric into a death eater who kills neville which means voldemort never dies and albus/scorpius have to save the world by violating the established rules of how several different spells work, also the fucking trolley witch from the hogwarts express is a t-1000

Money

Probably soon
They know how low IQ potter drones are

Really? To read? You stupid fuck.

That sounds like stupid bullshit. I don't believe you.

>Look it up
>It's true

I am genuinely sorry for doubting you, user.

Boredom

i wish it was bullshit user

What's happening is part of a phenomenon I wrote about a couple of years ago when I was asked to comment on Rowling. I went to the Yale University bookstore and bought and read a copy of "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone." I suffered a great deal in the process. The writing was dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs." I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing.

But when I wrote that in a newspaper, I was denounced. I was told that children would now read only J.K. Rowling, and I was asked whether that wasn't, after all, better than reading nothing at all? If Rowling was what it took to make them pick up a book, wasn't that a good thing?

It is not. "Harry Potter" will not lead our children on to Kipling's "Just So Stories" or his "Jungle Book." It will not lead them to Thurber's "Thirteen Clocks" or Kenneth Grahame's "Wind in the Willows" or Lewis Carroll's "Alice."

Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Our society and our literature and our culture are being dumbed down, and the causes are very complex. I'm 73 years old. In a lifetime of teaching English, I've seen the study of literature debased. There's very little authentic study of the humanities remaining. My research assistant came to me two years ago saying she'd been in a seminar in which the teacher spent two hours saying that Walt Whitman was a racist. This isn't even good nonsense. It's insufferable.

The play script is out in book form, mate. It's the same as all those poncy bastards reading shakespeare, or rather claiming they have.

In all the mountains of terrible Harry Potter fanfiction there has to be something, probably many things, less terrible and more deserving of print than this fuckery.

>73 years old

How the fuck did you end up here ?

She blew her book money on helping poor refugees/feminists so she has to write another piece of garbage to keep the money flowing?

nice pasta broseph
being this new etc
there are much better fanfics than this garbage

post yfw the inevitable film adaptation casts watson as hermione and there's worldwide outrage

The funniest thing about these pasta is that "stretched his legs" is not once ever used in the first book.

Source: I reread it this week and specifically looked for it

>Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.
based bloomburgers bringing the heat

Actually /lit/ had a thread about this "stretched his legs" was searched in a Kindle by some asspie.
But "he got up to stretch his legs" "let's stretch our legs" "its good to stretch the legs after a meal" and many other variants are used.

This is a "beam me up Scotty" quote. A readily recognizable place holder for a hundred permutations that do appear, while no directly being in the material itself.

I thought it was unnecessary for you to say you were purchasing the book with the intention of reading it, I thought it was implied.

>Ron marries the paki and has a kid called panju