Ok, Sup Forums, I need your help. I have this idea for a launcher of sorts...

Ok, Sup Forums, I need your help. I have this idea for a launcher of sorts. But not for any kind of traditional munitions.
>Flaming Squirrels

The problem is I want them alive so that they can run around, still on fire, and spread the fire faster. Any advice, tips, or ideas are welcomed. .

Gene splice squirrels and naked mole rats.
They'll lose their ability to feel pain and will be running around more once launched.

The first thing you need is a way to keep the fire on the squirrel without it stopping the squirrel from moving. Like a flame retardant jelly such as FireIce applied to the squirrel first. THEN a thick layer of napalm or petroleum jelly on top of that to burn. Ideally the squirrel will not be harmed at all but be fucking terrified allowing it to run until your fuel source is used up.

But wouldn't the lack of fur kinda decrease the ability to hold a flame? I was thinking of getting Ever clear(A HIGH proof liquor) and then combining it with hand sanitizer to make a sterile, but flammable gel

You'd get the fur from the squirrel and the pain threshold of a naked mole rat.

You'd need some clinical trials to see what temp of accelerant causes the squirrel to just writhe in pain instead of run around in fear if you're gonna light the squirrel itself.

That makes sense. I mean, it's genetic code is being re-written so I can keep what I want.

I was planning on having some kind of flame at the end of the barrel to ignite them as they came out. Thinking pneumatic firing mechanism.

Also, gasoline and styrofoam is the way to go for a sticky accelerant. Burns way hotter then booze and hand sani

But there in lies the problem. Too hot and they die, too cool and it's not as effective. And the hand sani just acts as a gelling agent and a barrier between flesh and flame.

Now you just gotta get your hands on some gene scissors and some gene needle and thread.

I agree I think that's the best approach. You need to pre soak the squirrels and have some sort of magazine for flammable squirrels. Lining the tube with the accelerant would probably slow down the muzzle velocity.

That's what the layer of FireIce is for. It's a heat shield goop to keep the squirrel functional while allowing some really hot shit to burn on its back.

Think it would work if when I captured them I knocked them out and tied them up with a thin string so I could just load them like a mortar? Just keep them in a sack or something.
Ok. That makes sense.

OP here.

>How the fuck do I even make the launcher?

Maybe a modified potato gun? And How do you all think a gerbil or guinea pig would work? more cylindrical, but not as fast.

Yeah if the string burnt off as they flew that's smart. Another approach would be to take a siege route for max chaos and launch them from a trebuchet en masse. You'd lose a lot of mobility but if you wanted a crew served weapon in the flaming squirrel arsenal you could use that to drop like 50 flaming squirrels on one area at once.

Rub a piece of carpet with napalm and glue it to some sort of heat absorbing material. Then strap it to a naked mole rat, because off their freaky fucking faces, and let em fly.

Why don't you go with a pvc pipe connected to a pressurized air canister with a quick valve release?

I thought about that too. But the whole purpose is to be mobile. OR to make some kind of mortar/howitzer type launcher. I'd only need like a 2 or 3 block range.
Now that I'm thinking about it, pneumatic may not be a great idea. Don't want to just "shoot" a hole through them and kill them in the weapon.

I'd stay away from gun type launchers, don't wanna kill your own ammunition before they cause havoc.

If you get good enough with the string and bagged flammable squirrels you could always just use a sling and whip em around like that. Takes a little more skill on the shooters part but it would be effective for distance and really quiet too.

My point. I just had the thought to combine with a potato cannon of sorts. Have a plate that sits at the bottom that is pushed up by the air. Causing the plate to fly up and launch the squirrel.

I was never worried about sound because the firing sequence would just sound like the hiss from a soda bottle, just a bit louder.

Have you considered napalm?

Add some glycerine in gasoline or diesel, preferably gasoline

I haven't until this thread because gasoline/diesel and styrafoam is a lot more costly than a big ass thing of hand sani and a bottle of everclear.
I think I would use diesel. Slower burn time, hotter flame.

Oh hey, first dubs. Cool.

Man OP declared jihad on squirrels
:are they a pest or what OP?

Just abundant and easy. And who is going to complain about a lack of them stealing bird seed and shit?

Launch me, daddy OP.

I won't launch you, but I'll make you hot.

I knew it wouldn't take long knowing this fucking place.

You know you would love one just as much as the rest of us.

Seeing as how the main topic of this thread is dead. I'm gonna go make lunch. OP out.

/k/ did this already. With mixed results.

Easy. Just tie a piece of twine to the back end of the squirrel...about a half meter should do it. At the other end a wad of cloth smeared in petroleum jelly and then dunked in diesel fuel. Light the charge and launch the squirrel.

The gap created by the string will ensure that the squirrel does not expire too soon, and will also ensure that he runs about madly, in fear of the flaming wad that is chasing him. Before he dies from exhaustion, the fire will burn through the string, and the squirrel will run off, traumatized. Then you can launch squirrel #2.

If you only have a single squirrel, a piece of wire may work best, as the squirrel won't be able to stop and bite through it, nor will the flame separate it from the varmint. Of course he'll die from exhaustion, so you may want to take measure to account for that, i.e. adequate rodent supply.

Good luck, mate. This is a noble cause. Please video the results and post them here.

That's not really the same thing.

My God, user. I never thought of that. I think you've solved it. That way the charge can be lit premature to firing and the rodent will just drag it along. Almost like a grappling hook carrying the rope.